[3.1] Volatile Berserker (Poet's Pen + Volatile Dead) | 8-9K Life | Incredible DPS | Easy Leveling

edited wrong account
Last edited by Asteraonline on Dec 30, 2017, 1:31:03 AM
So ive been playing this build over the last 2 days (awesome leveling from 12 to like 65) since your bossing vid looked pretty fast on t16s

lvl 72 max res 5.7k hp (with kaoms o.0) lvl 19 gems and i feel like even in t5 maps it takes to long to kill magics/rares (more so if an abyss has spawned since theres so many mobs)

The only gear im really missing is the gloves but mine fit roles i need right now anyways
I havnt done merc/uber lab yet so maybe this is why it feels so low now?

Even with the 40% damage buff i dont see my char being able to do t16s fast and most likely not bosses (some t5 abyss mobs hit me hard x.X)

Anything i should be doing? char is open if you want to keep *FabledPoet*

I also feel like this spell should spawn more balls to cut down on casting/faster clearing of packs but im not sure if putting lesser multi with greater is the best idea if it already feels like it kills to slow
So the fire impresence + blasphemy + flammability 0% mana reserved works? Looks way too op, it's crazy
"
mm14 wrote:
i just still dont understand the whole 4aps thing lol .. all i understand is keep frenzy under 4aps until i get cdr gear, just dont get it why
anyway thanks for the guide i just respeced to this build and will try it out tomorrow, so far it feels really nice :)

The reason why you keep under 4 aps is because Poet's Pen has an inbuilt cooldown of 0.25 seconds. If you attack faster than 4 times a second you are essentially having a 'dead' attack where neither of the spells will fire because it is still on cooldown.

CDR items lower the internal CD on Poet's Pen so then you can attack faster once you have those.
"
"
JamesDiMaio wrote:
at this point, i've few questions that maybe can help other players too:

1. What's the best ascendecy between Rite of Ruin and War bringer
Maybe Rite it's better but i didn't dislike healing myself with Cries (u've to sacrifice the flame
golem)

2. My attack speed is not so fast, maybe its for my level?

3. Flasks are fine? atm im not having trouble w/o a life flask but i think ill need it in high tier map

4. Pantheon? im using Gruthkul and Brine King but im not sure of em

that's all for the moment, i hope that these questions could help someone else too
(i apologize for my english)

Thank you very much <3

1. It's up to what you want and how you want to play. It's your choice and I can't make it for you.

2. Quality on Frenzy and GMP helps tremendously with that.

3. I'd drop Silver Flask for a Basalt and make sure you get an anti-bleed mod on one of your flasks.

4. Pantheon isn't as strong for this build as it is for other builds like RF. Just pick whatever ones help you fill defensive gaps. I personally went with Brineking.

With quality gems its pretty different indeed, i've bought em few hours after the post, u can see the difference.
Reguarding the Ascendency i've "heard" that war bringer its kinda useless, i've tryed it on other marauder and i found it quite nice, maybe rite of ruin its jus more worth than warbringer. One is for a defensive playstyle and one is more "aggro".

what pair of gloves i can change with oskarm if i don't have orbs for the acuity? (i've assassin's mark always up even w/o the oskarm gloves)

Thank you
"
bitbite11 wrote:
"
mm14 wrote:
i just still dont understand the whole 4aps thing lol .. all i understand is keep frenzy under 4aps until i get cdr gear, just dont get it why
anyway thanks for the guide i just respeced to this build and will try it out tomorrow, so far it feels really nice :)

The reason why you keep under 4 aps is because Poet's Pen has an inbuilt cooldown of 0.25 seconds. If you attack faster than 4 times a second you are essentially having a 'dead' attack where neither of the spells will fire because it is still on cooldown.

CDR items lower the internal CD on Poet's Pen so then you can attack faster once you have those.

oh okayy finally got it :D thanks for explanation. I had to take off faster attack support from my starkonja because i was attacking too fast, any idea with what to replace it ?
Heya! Nice build, loved the leveling process, took me like 4-6hrs to rush through the acts. These pens are quite amazing!

Currently a lil bit struggling with early maps, but I also dont have a kaoms heart & I am still on leveling gear, so nothing's really good there. Is there a pob link for the non atziri gloves?

Also just out of curiosity, what do you think about shaper/elder amulets? Are they worth getting with frenzy/power/endurance charge on kill, if they roll good? currently using mine
Trying to take my build further. I haven't tested any sort of Elder bosses yet and sometimes the leech doesn't seem quite enough, i realise this when i see my character's hp going faster and i'm mashing all my potions and it continues to tank and then i die. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong. Here's my build link with two jewels (that dont sadly have life on them, can't seem to find any cheap ones with life)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAQHBLMFQgceCPQLYQ5ID8QQWBEtEZYUIBa_GjgagSGQIvQkNyaVJy8qCyqNLJwy0TbYOlg62DrhO3w8BTwtPfxBlkVHRZ1JG0lRTLNN41BHUXRTUlVLVcZYY13yXz9f0GHiZlRnm2jyakNsC20ZcFJ8g337f8aCm4Nfg8yD24V7h2WJ04w2jM-P-pBVkyeVLpo7muCf36IAoqOmV6aZrJiuPq6zr2y3PrjKuZO86r8IwGbDCcNoxq7G2ND11abYveRR6hDr7uv17DjsVe087w7vfPAf8NXxbPId8kX2SPhf_gr-jw==?accountName=Nethicite&characterName=Cynhurqyl

And here's my gear with gemlinks.

Pens
Spoiler

Helmet
Spoiler

Rings & Kaoms
Spoiler

Gloves
Spoiler

Belt and Flasks
Spoiler

And lastly, boots.
Spoiler

I linked two boots because i bought the rares on a whim (for the enchant) and then i realised without the Sundance's 10% aspd boost my unbuffed VD drops from 27k to 26k tooltip. (2.68 attacks per second without haste) I don't own any level 20 gems atm as you can see. I also ran out of chromatics so now i'm saving up to roll 4 reds on the Oskarm. (But also uncertain if the lack of leech means i should keep the Slitherpinch for now)

Any suggestions? I'm also stocking up on gemcutters right now but not too certain which gems to prioritize on. Sorry for overload of info if it is; i have never REACHED, let alone cleared Shaper Guardians, breachlords on my own, i only in this league successfully cleared atziri on DP totems, and never deathless. I'm trying to improve as much as i can in my understanding of this game so that i can hope to do so if not this league do something like clear a guardian or two solo, next league.
Last edited by Nethicite on Dec 30, 2017, 3:17:57 PM
"
Lynerus wrote:
So ive been playing this build over the last 2 days (awesome leveling from 12 to like 65) since your bossing vid looked pretty fast on t16s

lvl 72 max res 5.7k hp (with kaoms o.0) lvl 19 gems and i feel like even in t5 maps it takes to long to kill magics/rares (more so if an abyss has spawned since theres so many mobs)

The only gear im really missing is the gloves but mine fit roles i need right now anyways
I havnt done merc/uber lab yet so maybe this is why it feels so low now?

Even with the 40% damage buff i dont see my char being able to do t16s fast and most likely not bosses (some t5 abyss mobs hit me hard x.X)

Anything i should be doing? char is open if you want to keep *FabledPoet*

I also feel like this spell should spawn more balls to cut down on casting/faster clearing of packs but im not sure if putting lesser multi with greater is the best idea if it already feels like it kills to slow

I checked out your character.

You're low level with mediocre/bad gear and level 18 gems.

"
JamesDiMaio wrote:
"
"
JamesDiMaio wrote:
at this point, i've few questions that maybe can help other players too:

1. What's the best ascendecy between Rite of Ruin and War bringer
Maybe Rite it's better but i didn't dislike healing myself with Cries (u've to sacrifice the flame
golem)

2. My attack speed is not so fast, maybe its for my level?

3. Flasks are fine? atm im not having trouble w/o a life flask but i think ill need it in high tier map

4. Pantheon? im using Gruthkul and Brine King but im not sure of em

that's all for the moment, i hope that these questions could help someone else too
(i apologize for my english)

Thank you very much <3

1. It's up to what you want and how you want to play. It's your choice and I can't make it for you.

2. Quality on Frenzy and GMP helps tremendously with that.

3. I'd drop Silver Flask for a Basalt and make sure you get an anti-bleed mod on one of your flasks.

4. Pantheon isn't as strong for this build as it is for other builds like RF. Just pick whatever ones help you fill defensive gaps. I personally went with Brineking.

With quality gems its pretty different indeed, i've bought em few hours after the post, u can see the difference.
Reguarding the Ascendency i've "heard" that war bringer its kinda useless, i've tryed it on other marauder and i found it quite nice, maybe rite of ruin its jus more worth than warbringer. One is for a defensive playstyle and one is more "aggro".

what pair of gloves i can change with oskarm if i don't have orbs for the acuity? (i've assassin's mark always up even w/o the oskarm gloves)

Thank you

Rare gloves with Life/Strength/Resistances. 2 Socketed Tombfist are pretty good aswell since it gives us % Max life and IAS on top of 2 Abyss jewel sockets.

"
Valorax wrote:
Heya! Nice build, loved the leveling process, took me like 4-6hrs to rush through the acts. These pens are quite amazing!

Currently a lil bit struggling with early maps, but I also dont have a kaoms heart & I am still on leveling gear, so nothing's really good there. Is there a pob link for the non atziri gloves?

Also just out of curiosity, what do you think about shaper/elder amulets? Are they worth getting with frenzy/power/endurance charge on kill, if they roll good? currently using mine

Just copy the VP Tree in to the PoB dump and remove Acuities and there you have it.

Frenzy/Power/Endurance charge on kill are pretty useless on the amulet. Shaper amulets have some good affixes like Elemental pen, haven't really checked them out much though so not entirely sure what they can and can't roll.

"
Nethicite wrote:
Trying to take my build further. I haven't tested any sort of Elder bosses yet and sometimes the leech doesn't seem quite enough, i realise this when i see my character's hp going faster and i'm mashing all my potions and it continues to tank and then i die. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong. Here's my build link with two jewels (that dont sadly have life on them, can't seem to find any cheap ones with life)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAQHBLMFQgceCPQLYQ5ID8QQWBEtEZYUIBa_GjgagSGQIvQkNyaVJy8qCyqNLJwy0TbYOlg62DrhO3w8BTwtPfxBlkVHRZ1JG0lRTLNN41BHUXRTUlVLVcZYY13yXz9f0GHiZlRnm2jyakNsC20ZcFJ8g337f8aCm4Nfg8yD24V7h2WJ04w2jM-P-pBVkyeVLpo7muCf36IAoqOmV6aZrJiuPq6zr2y3PrjKuZO86r8IwGbDCcNoxq7G2ND11abYveRR6hDr7uv17DjsVe087w7vfPAf8NXxbPId8kX2SPhf_gr-jw==?accountName=Nethicite&characterName=Cynhurqyl

And here's my gear with gemlinks.

Pens
Spoiler

Helmet
Spoiler

Rings & Kaoms
Spoiler

Gloves
Spoiler

Belt and Flasks
Spoiler

And lastly, boots.
Spoiler

I linked two boots because i bought the rares on a whim (for the enchant) and then i realised without the Sundance's 10% aspd boost my unbuffed VD drops from 27k to 26k tooltip. (2.68 attacks per second without haste) I don't own any level 20 gems atm as you can see. I also ran out of chromatics so now i'm saving up to roll 4 reds on the Oskarm. (But also uncertain if the lack of leech means i should keep the Slitherpinch for now)

Any suggestions? I'm also stocking up on gemcutters right now but not too certain which gems to prioritize on. Sorry for overload of info if it is; i have never REACHED, let alone cleared Shaper Guardians, breachlords on my own, i only in this league successfully cleared atziri on DP totems, and never deathless. I'm trying to improve as much as i can in my understanding of this game so that i can hope to do so if not this league do something like clear a guardian or two solo, next league.

If you can't facetank then don't try and facetank, start kiting monsters around. Try to save up and get Acuities or re-spec to the Vaal Pact version if you feel you're lacking leech, increasing your life will also help with this.

Don't quality your gems with GCP. Wait until they reach level 20 and vendor the gem together with a GCP to get a level 1 quality 20 gem back. Do this for your support gems, you don't need to do this for Volatile Dead/Anger/Haste though, nor your CWDT/IC.

If you need 4 red on Oskarm, the easiest(and cheapest) way is to Vorici trick it. Look it up, there's plenty of guides on how to do it.
"

I checked out your character.

You're low level with mediocre/bad gear and level 18 gems.

Not sure why my lvl matters much as the last bit of points is mostly for life nodes

My gear maxes me... im missing some crit maybe but that crit wont help that much as a crit ring only gives like 2% crit chance (and im using ice golem for crit)

I also agree with Nethicite so far about tanking... maybe with VP or the gloves and an aurabot

Last but not least this build has no where near 1.7m dps... if you count each ball its about 60k or 120~240k with all crits (not counting other skills since they dont really do much)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info