[3.1] Volatile Berserker (Poet's Pen + Volatile Dead) | 8-9K Life | Incredible DPS | Easy Leveling

I can show you what i mean ingame
"
Ranmato wrote:

doesnt work https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2047480/page/1

Ive dropped to 3.74 because of this. at 3.99 and 3.88 3.80 3.75 Im skipping. Works at 3.74. Was a pain to test all tiers.

Last edited by Tsteken on Dec 28, 2017, 2:45:29 PM
"
"
Ranmato wrote:

doesnt work https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2047480/page/1

Ive dropped to 3.74 because of this. at 3.99 and 3.88 3.80 3.75 Im skipping. Works at 3.74. Was a pain to test all tiers.

nice thanks im at 3.72 now and it works perfect
Really wanna try this build, I'm at lvl 47 currently. Very similar at least in tree to my Dark Pact Berserker I played last league which was a blast. Easiest lvling I think I've ever done.

I'm having some issues though.

#1) Poet's Pen is at 40 chaos holy hecc.
#2) I am poor. I have 4 chaos. FOUR.

That about sums up my issues. I was doing Ancestral Magma Orb for clearing trash which worked alright up until Act 5. Boss DPS is abysmal. I switched to 2x Abberath's Horns and self-casting Unearth / Volatile Undead and that about doubled my DPS to a whopping 1k since I have some Fire/Spell Crit passives by now so that's all I'm scaling in damage.

So yeah. Slow leveling. Slow bossing. Can't afford Poet's Pen to save my life.

Lvling tips, anyone? Otherwise I might need to dock this guy until next league, or Poet's Pen becomes affordable. Sad days.

ps. -can't buy kaom atm.
-resist are capped (80%Fire-101%cold-80%light)
-5900hp
-still lv76

at this point, i've few questions that maybe can help other players too:
-What's the best ascendecy between Rite of Ruin and War bringer
Maybe Rite it's better but i didn't dislike healing myself with Cries (u've to sacrifice the flame
golem)
-My attack speed is not so fast, maybe its for my level?
-Flasks are fine? atm im not having trouble w/o a life flask but i think ill need it in high tier map
-Pantheon? im using Gruthkul and Brine King but im not sure of em

that's all for the moment, i hope that these questions could help someone else too
(i apologize for my english)

Thank you very much <3
Last edited by JamesDiMaio on Dec 29, 2017, 8:17:50 AM
"
JamesDiMaio wrote:
at this point, i've few questions that maybe can help other players too:

1. What's the best ascendecy between Rite of Ruin and War bringer
Maybe Rite it's better but i didn't dislike healing myself with Cries (u've to sacrifice the flame
golem)

2. My attack speed is not so fast, maybe its for my level?

3. Flasks are fine? atm im not having trouble w/o a life flask but i think ill need it in high tier map

4. Pantheon? im using Gruthkul and Brine King but im not sure of em

that's all for the moment, i hope that these questions could help someone else too
(i apologize for my english)

Thank you very much <3

1. It's up to what you want and how you want to play. It's your choice and I can't make it for you.

2. Quality on Frenzy and GMP helps tremendously with that.

3. I'd drop Silver Flask for a Basalt and make sure you get an anti-bleed mod on one of your flasks.

4. Pantheon isn't as strong for this build as it is for other builds like RF. Just pick whatever ones help you fill defensive gaps. I personally went with Brineking.
"
Abletto wrote:
Really wanna try this build, I'm at lvl 47 currently. Very similar at least in tree to my Dark Pact Berserker I played last league which was a blast. Easiest lvling I think I've ever done.

I'm having some issues though.

#1) Poet's Pen is at 40 chaos holy hecc.
#2) I am poor. I have 4 chaos. FOUR.

That about sums up my issues. I was doing Ancestral Magma Orb for clearing trash which worked alright up until Act 5. Boss DPS is abysmal. I switched to 2x Abberath's Horns and self-casting Unearth / Volatile Undead and that about doubled my DPS to a whopping 1k since I have some Fire/Spell Crit passives by now so that's all I'm scaling in damage.

So yeah. Slow leveling. Slow bossing. Can't afford Poet's Pen to save my life.

Lvling tips, anyone? Otherwise I might need to dock this guy until next league, or Poet's Pen becomes affordable. Sad days.

I wouldn't recommend following the guide if you don't have the currency for the required gear as leveling is going to be widely different. Especially for someone who is new to the game.

Though, if you still really want to go forward with the build without having 2x Poet's Pen(You need 2, so it's 80 Chaos), then I would recommend leveling with a fire spell until you affoard 2x Poet's Pen. I would personally recommend Flameblast Totems as they are still very strong in to early maps and makes leveling a breeze.

It shouldn't take you more than 2-3 hours of efficient end-game mapping to get the currency for the Poet's Pens.
Yeah I'm not new to the game, just new to this league. Therein lies the catch-22. If it were on any other my other chars I could buy it outright. No matter.

Got my clear speed and most importantly single target DPS up. Sadly I won't be able to get 2x Poet's Pen for quite some time.

Damn me, if they weren't 13c when I started the character. Otherwise I might've gone for a cheaper build, but I'll figure something out.
i just still dont understand the whole 4aps thing lol .. all i understand is keep frenzy under 4aps until i get cdr gear, just dont get it why
anyway thanks for the guide i just respeced to this build and will try it out tomorrow, so far it feels really nice :)
Last edited by mm14 on Dec 30, 2017, 12:07:30 AM
I just started this build tonight. Holy shit this build is the tits.

I tried snorting coke once. The ice cubes got stuck up my nose.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info