[3.1] Volatile Berserker (Poet's Pen + Volatile Dead) | 8-9K Life | Incredible DPS | Easy Leveling

"
pro2017 wrote:
Hmm right now the enchantment may nerf or go legacy well wait till the patch out then we know

They confirmed in the post that it won't be legacy, all existing helms are going to be +1.
With the change in mind, I don't think we need both GMP and LMP with our unearth, probably just GMP.

I wonder if it's worth doing something like Unearth-GMP-Culling?
Well this really sucks, especially because it was just a huge investment (15 ex a few days ago for stark with enchant). Was having a load of fun but not sure what the power level will be at after this change.

Even nerf I still going to play it

░▀▄░░▄▀
▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄░▀█▀▐░▌
█▒░▒░▒░█▀█░░█░▐░▌
█░▒░▒░▒█▀█░░█░░█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄███══════
The build will still be plenty of strong even after the enchant nerf. It just won't be stupidly overpowered :D
Yea still like the build. Not that i have had that enchant yet anyway. Works wonders. Still.
How about cremation spell? Could it work with pens?

Soon 6k hp and max res, still occasional 1 shot :(

And i noticed fys reflect is a no go...getting 1 shot myself against mobs.
Using Belly until got needed currency for Kaoms.

Question: If im generation Power charges via support gem, do i need Oskars-gloves at all? Was wondering if i link curse on hit to herald of ice and another curse like ele weakness or other?
The nerf is obviously going to impact the build, since we'll go from 6 Balls to 4 Balls. I feel bad for anyone who spent 10-15 Exalted orbs on the enchantment.

The +1 Enchant will still be best in slot for the build. We lose 1/3rd of our damage and a bit of our AOE but we can also drop LMP in our Unearth for PCoC/Blind or something else.

Build is still pretty crazy, just not broken overpowered. I was expecting this nerf but not mid-league and not retroactively.

Op what u think of cremation
░▀▄░░▄▀
▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄░▀█▀▐░▌
█▒░▒░▒░█▀█░░█░▐░▌
█░▒░▒░▒█▀█░░█░░█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄███══════
Thanks for sharing this build, I love the idea and already began leveling a Marauder to try it. Just one question before I go deep: what do you guys thing about the Inquisitor ascendancy instead of zerker? I feel that the first few skill points to travel from mara to templar are a bit wasted, and with Inquisitor those could be used to go deeper on crit instead. We would admittedly lose the leech from Pain Reaver, but might still be worth it. What do you think?
"
pro2017 wrote:
Op what u think of cremation

I haven't tested it out.

"
petervik wrote:
Thanks for sharing this build, I love the idea and already began leveling a Marauder to try it. Just one question before I go deep: what do you guys thing about the Inquisitor ascendancy instead of zerker? I feel that the first few skill points to travel from mara to templar are a bit wasted, and with Inquisitor those could be used to go deeper on crit instead. We would admittedly lose the leech from Pain Reaver, but might still be worth it. What do you think?

Inquisitor is an option, but I don't think it's a very good one because in 3.1, elemental pen stacking is easier than ever. Inquisitor will ignore enemy elemental resistance on critical strike(-10% on non-crit) and because of how the Inquisitor is worded, doesn't benefit from stacking elemental penetration.

Regular map bosses/Atziri will have +30% elemental resistance, Shaper/Guardians will have +40% elemental resistance. So at most when doing more difficult content, Inquisitor will have about 40% elemental penetration around 80% of the time(Using 80% crit as a semi-conservative number) which means that the other 20% will only give you 10% elemental penetration.

On a Berserker, 40% elemental penetration is rather easily achievable(15% from jewel, 15% from Wise Oak, 10% from boot enchant) with the ability to stack even further(~10-12% on Shaper amulet, 2% on Abyss jewels). We also have the added benefit of being able to get free leech and receiving 40% more damage. In order to compensate for the leech you'd need to get a Watcher's Eye with Anger leech, which the last time I checked are ~10 Exalted orbs vs the one with Anger fire pen which are 30-60c.
Last edited by Dixton on Dec 19, 2017, 5:30:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info