What maps in 3.1 have shaper orbs.

"
Demonoz wrote:
"
0RadiusTwo wrote:
That's exactly what I thought, but I've been rotating from the bottom right of the atlas to now around the middle left with elder influence and haven't seen anything below T9
I've seen 5 orbs, just trying to prevent going higher than necessary unless i know what T11+ drop them

Well thats the thing once you are working in from say the bottom left like i am you want to continue to stay in that area.. Dont go up to the top right and work in too. This will cause you to have to complete as well as later remove more maps once you have all your orbs. My suggestion is stick to the area you started it in work the influence back and forth through the tier into the middle from whatever corner you started. This should help save you quite a few maps to remove later. Rather than jump other to the other side get some frags for orbs then jump to another quadrant. Thats gonna definitely cost you for sure. But again it doesn't matter which T11 elder goes to it will show the ring on the NEXT T11 whatever it is where ever it is.

Keep in mind too thought this isnt such a big deal through the T6-10 ones its once you get into the middle working the T11-15 frags for orbs that it will become costly to jump around quadrants but at the same time the influence can be harder to control and you might have no choice but to go where it goes as it progress's through the tiers. if it influences the next tier and shows the blue ring you need to run it anyway but it will be another map you must remove later. Again i think no matter what you do its gonna be tough to keep it to bare minimum cost for removing later unless you had great RNG and elder goes exactly where you want him to. Which you have some control but not 100% But once you are getting shaper orbs through the yellow tiers it should become more clear how to influence and manipulate where you want the elder influence to go. Then the trick is actually having the next map to run for the frag.. which ive just broken down and bought any i dont happen to have for the sake of sanity.

Again i cant stress this enough.. NO CERTAIN MAP DROPS FRAGS TO TURN IN FOR ORBS!!! The first tier map from the last tier you get a frag from will show the ring doesn't matter the map only the tier.
And again the only answer i dont have at this time is idk if you even get multiple orbs per tier in the reds anymore its looking like one shaper orb per tier so far but i wont have the definite answer till tomorrow sometime.

I really hope this helps you guys and by all means if you have further questions or need more thorough explanation in game step by step dont hesitate to message me in game and ask. If im not busy or you can wait till im finished what im doing i would be more than willing to help. \m/
IGN:XxNecroNecroxX (Abyss League) XxNecroDemonlordxX (Std)

I have elder in my belfry map and shaper in waterways map, but when I finished a normal waterways map (the map I have never done before), the elder goes back to tier 9 map. Do you know the reason behind this?
"
Demonoz wrote:

Once he is influencing a T6 run that map.. Upon killing the boss in this map you will aquire your first Map Fragment. Turn this map frag into Zana and she will give you your first Shaper Orb. up till this point you will not have seen Elder till you turn in this fragment for the orb.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but this is my first time reaching endgame. So I just did a yellow Phantasmagoria (T6) while the space-effect was surrounding it on the Atlas. As I was killing the boss the Shaper froze time and spawned the purple dude. Killed both of them but I didn't get a map fragment or a Shapers orb (nothing besides a blue map and rare/magic items). Am I missing something?

Edit: Just bought a Cemetery map and ran it and got the map fragment. Didn't have to kill a purple space dude boss this time. Still unsure what happened on my Phantas map.
Last edited by The_Rope on Dec 21, 2017, 11:42:27 AM
So I ran some maps, got Elder and three of his henchmen to show up on certain maps, got 5 or 6 orbs. Then I ran the maps occupied by his guardians and killed them (Purifier, etc). Then I ran the map with the Elder occupying it and killed the Elder (lvl 10).

Now there is no Elder nor his guardians on the Atlas!

Just some 'spacy' maps (shaper influenced?) and some grey connected areas.

Did I screw something up?

What do I do now?

"
c_dificil wrote:
What do I do now?

Run some more maps and the Elder will spawn again. It looks like that the location is determined by the type of maps you run, eg. if you do some red maps after you defeat him, he will spawn closer to or on red maps.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
got all orbs i needed now but man what a pain that was.
Getting them is aids but to be fair once you do have them the new system is def better then the old.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Last edited by jackof8lades on Jan 3, 2018, 5:19:03 PM
"
morbo wrote:
"
c_dificil wrote:
What do I do now?

Run some more maps and the Elder will spawn again. It looks like that the location is determined by the type of maps you run, eg. if you do some red maps after you defeat him, he will spawn closer to or on red maps.

Thanks for the response.

BTW: I have not USED any shaper orbs to shape maps yet - just collecting them ATM. Want to get all 15 and then use them. Do you think this is a problem ? or should I use them as I get them?

Thanks again.
Don't save your shapers orbs. They increase the Map Level of lower level maps, so you are only hurting yourself by not using them.
"
Demonoz wrote:
OK ill try and explain this as easy as i can and simple as possible..
So when you start mapping Zaan has a quest.. You do this quest buy simply mapping at first then the next part of the quest is doing a shaper influenced map. Once you have done this you can continue to do these in the white tiers as you are completing out maps up into Yellow Tiers..

Now once you get into yellow maps and this is the part that might take a while but continue doing shaper influence till you will finally have Shaper influencing a T6 the first Tier of Yellows.

Once he is influencing a T6 run that map.. Upon killing the boss in this map you will aquire your first Map Fragment. Turn this map frag into Zana and she will give you your first Shaper Orb. up till this point you will not have seen Elder till you turn in this fragment for the orb.

Now you will noticed once you have got your first orb Elder will have started doing his thing. As other have said you do maps that have Shaper Influence still but they need to be beside where Elder has control. This will spread elder upon killing the boss in the Shaper influenced map.

Now the key is to spread this influence into whatever T7.. The first T7 elder influence's should show a Blue ring around the map and say "Drops Map Fragment" Run this map, kill the boss and he will drop another fragment #2. Again turn into zana for Shaper Orb #2.

From this point it becomes clear in order to get your shaper orb you need to influence elder into each tier for get this frag to turn in for the orb. But... Theres a catch. When you do a map with Elder Influence including the ones showing a Frag once you kill the boss you get the frag but you also remove Elders control. As you can imagine this is where strategy comes into play and theres only really one thing you can do at this point is continue the back and forth from Shaper influenced maps to spread the Elder back out again till its on the next Tier you get your next map Frag. Rinse and repeat.

As far as Shaping goes as you could imagine its gonna be costly no matter what but working from one corner all the way up into T15 till you have them all would probably be best but it will take time doing this back and forth in that section of the atlas. But thats how they work. No certain particular map has the orbs,... zana does. And she gives them from Map Frags that only drop in the next tier elder will cover. and you will have to work your way up through the tiers this way. But it doesnt matter where or what map. You start from one corner or quadrant of the atlas and work your way in all the way up through T15. Of course the last ones in the red maps will be the hardest but once all that is done you remove the maps you had to do in those tiers just to work the influnce to get your orbs.

The thing is, I'm still at 11/15. There are tiers that drop more than 1 fragment. I don't understand which ones. Doesn't matter where I send Elder influence, there aren't any more...

I got my tier15 orb, and chose Bog to shape. Now what?? no more frags are showing up, and I'm stuck at 11/15.
"
The_Rope wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:

Sorry if this is a dumb question but this is my first time reaching endgame. So I just did a yellow Phantasmagoria (T6) while the space-effect was surrounding it on the Atlas. As I was killing the boss the Shaper froze time and spawned the purple dude. Killed both of them but I didn't get a map fragment or a Shapers orb (nothing besides a blue map and rare/magic items). Am I missing something?

Edit: Just bought a Cemetery map and ran it and got the map fragment. Didn't have to kill a purple space dude boss this time. Still unsure what happened on my Phantas map.

What happened was you had shaper influence there, and were attempting to replace it with Elder influence, the map went from shaper, to elder to NO influence and fucked you over.

It's a frustrating system. You have to kill e nough mobs ( it looks like blue mobs give most "credit") to cause the influence to change, then LEAVE and do it again.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 21, 2018, 9:53:55 PM
"

The thing is, I'm still at 11/16. There are tiers that drop more than 1 fragment. I don't understand which ones. Doesn't matter where I send Elder influence, there aren't any more...

I got my tier15 orb, and chose Bog to shape. Now what?? no more frags are showing up, and I'm stuck at 11/16.

what does the quest log say? have you read it?
For those who end up here, i wrote a mini-guide about that quest : link
Any feedback|contribution is welcome =]
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
Last edited by xhul on Jan 21, 2018, 9:07:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info