What maps in 3.1 have shaper orbs.

Does anyone know what maps have shaper orbs.
Sorry if this has been posted, I haven't seen anything.
I understand about the influence situation but I'm clueless on what has what.. lol
Bored!
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2018, 12:30:19 PM
They only drop with elder influence, so for now do 30+ maps (complete them with boss) and watch the elder influence slowly grow. You ONLY SEE THE PURPLE RINGS on elder influenced maps.

Tip: elder touching shaper influenced maps you need to finish the maps under the shaper's influence to remove it (and let the elder grow)
No Problem,
Exile
Someone needs to write up a good guide to this... not what to do, but how it all works.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Someone needs to write up a good guide to this... not what to do, but how it all works.

+1
I understand the influence thing.
You run shaper maps to influence the elder, you run an elder map to remove the elder influence.
What I'm curious if shaper orbs are the same for everyone what maps that're influenced have them
Bored!
See... there you go. What's a "shaper map"?
While I understand, maybe what I'm trying to get across isn't being sent across.
I want to know what maps have them when they're influenced because I plan to shape specific maps rather than do them all then respec but it would be more cost effective to know which ones have them so i can shape towards it. If that makes sense lol i don't know really but it's confusing asf
Bored!
OK ill try and explain this as easy as i can and simple as possible..
So when you start mapping Zaan has a quest.. You do this quest buy simply mapping at first then the next part of the quest is doing a shaper influenced map. Once you have done this you can continue to do these in the white tiers as you are completing out maps up into Yellow Tiers..

Now once you get into yellow maps and this is the part that might take a while but continue doing shaper influence till you will finally have Shaper influencing a T6 the first Tier of Yellows.

Once he is influencing a T6 run that map.. Upon killing the boss in this map you will aquire your first Map Fragment. Turn this map frag into Zana and she will give you your first Shaper Orb. up till this point you will not have seen Elder till you turn in this fragment for the orb.

Now you will noticed once you have got your first orb Elder will have started doing his thing. As other have said you do maps that have Shaper Influence still but they need to be beside where Elder has control. This will spread elder upon killing the boss in the Shaper influenced map.

Now the key is to spread this influence into whatever T7.. The first T7 elder influence's should show a Blue ring around the map and say "Drops Map Fragment" Run this map, kill the boss and he will drop another fragment #2. Again turn into zana for Shaper Orb #2.

From this point it becomes clear in order to get your shaper orb you need to influence elder into each tier for get this frag to turn in for the orb. But... Theres a catch. When you do a map with Elder Influence including the ones showing a Frag once you kill the boss you get the frag but you also remove Elders control. As you can imagine this is where strategy comes into play and theres only really one thing you can do at this point is continue the back and forth from Shaper influenced maps to spread the Elder back out again till its on the next Tier you get your next map Frag. Rinse and repeat.

As far as Shaping goes as you could imagine its gonna be costly no matter what but working from one corner all the way up into T15 till you have them all would probably be best but it will take time doing this back and forth in that section of the atlas. But thats how they work. No certain particular map has the orbs,... zana does. And she gives them from Map Frags that only drop in the next tier elder will cover. and you will have to work your way up through the tiers this way. But it doesnt matter where or what map. You start from one corner or quadrant of the atlas and work your way in all the way up through T15. Of course the last ones in the red maps will be the hardest but once all that is done you remove the maps you had to do in those tiers just to work the influnce to get your orbs.

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Dec 13, 2017, 10:59:18 PM
Edit: I guess no more rings as the above post mentions map frags etc... TIL influences ;-)
No Problem,
Exile
Last edited by TheExile777 on Dec 13, 2017, 11:02:01 PM
"
TheExile777 wrote:
The ones that drop shaper orbs have a purple ring around it and ONLY to be seen under elder influence, they are ALWAYS the same maps (per league).
I don't currently know what maps drop these shaper orbs (as I don't have elder influence covering enough of the atlas). It sure is a T6 up (as the shaper orbs make a T1 to a T6, therefore that one is in a T6 map with a purple ring (in other leagues you could see all of them)

Hint: there are doubles, as some are in unique maps for example poorjoy's asylum.

So you can shape T6-T10 but more like T6, T6, T7, T8,T8, T9, T9 (poorjoy?), T10.

If someone reveals the whole map with elder influence without getting ahaper orbs yet that would be great, or just dots pinpointing where on the map AND names.

As there are way more maps, I guess there are also many more shaper orbs maps.

I hope that clarified a little for now.

Any map... It doesn't matter if its T6 Wharf or T6 whatever on the other side.. The first T6 map you do with shaper control will drop the first frag.. The next T7 whatever it is where ever it is.. with elder control from there will show the ring. Ive been doing mine from the bottom right side but it doesn't matter if your first T6 was up on the top left you still work your way up the tiers all the same. The only important part from there is getting Elder to influence the next Tier map to get the next frag to turn in for the next orb. The key here is to spread elder into the next tier from the last you did to get the ring on the map, then once you run it you get the frag. Again though once you run this map and get your frag you also remove elder and have to go back to shaper next to elder influence to spread it back up into the next tier. You will repeat this constant back and forth up throughout the tiers. And yes it is as tedious as it sounds. hahaha

Youll even noticed once you spreading elder control that if you are working to T8 and you spread it to the first T8 it will show and ring... if you continue to spread without doing this map into another T8 it will also show a ring but once you do either of these maps either one will drop the frag and the ring will go away from the other T8 because you got your frag for your orb. Now idk if this also means there are no longer multiple shaper orbs in later tiers or not or just one per tier. But soon as i find out i could come let you guys know weather this is the case or not.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Dec 13, 2017, 11:08:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info