Severe Fps Drops post 3.1

I was having crazy frame drops from 300+ FPS to less than 20. I found the solution to my problem though, maybe it will help some of you guys. Under the Graphics options try disabling Engine Multi-threading. This dropped my fps to around 200+ but no one really needs fps that high.
Same problem here.

FPS drop from 300+ to 40, makes my game freeze for a second.

Lowered every setting to minimum, transferred the game to a 3200mb/s read NVMe SSD and it still happens. I was really excited to start this game again, pity I can't play like this.
Agree with this thread. I am running a higher end rig, 1080ti, 332 gb ram, SSD, i7 and FPS drops to nothing and game freezes.

Please optimise.
Same here since 3.1 i also get sudden fps drops to 50 fps from 150-200 fps

I7 7700k
16gb ddr4 ram
R9 390 OC

My system is more than enought for the game
Same here. FPS Drops and Lags etc.

i5-4570
16 GB Ram
GTX 970
WIN 7 64 bit

Nothing helps in this Thread :(
Last edited by Surfat on Apr 11, 2018, 8:53:30 AM
Same problem. Often results in pushing me to the login screen... Honestly with amount of people with similar issues to mine, even if it is caused by something else, I'm not willing to go through what could be hours upon hours of attempting fixes only to find none of them work.
As such I'll be waiting until this is fixed to play PoE again. Shame too, I *was* going to spend a bunch of money on it.

Also note, while I had this stuff before, it wasn't *nearly* as bad and has gotten much worse since 3.0.
i uninstalled as well until ggg actually uses all of their loot box cash to fix their game.
Same here. And the shittiest part is, the problem is *worse* when I switch to DX9Ex
Yea I'm thinking about quitting also due to this issue. Can't play a game with constant fps drops I have a gtx 1060 brand new. If this isn't fixed by next update I'm going to have to quit.
And the fact that GGG won't even respond to our posts makes me not want to play the game even more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info