Severe Fps Drops post 3.1

:(
Hi guys I had the same problem... crazy fps drops. I changed a few things and I am not exactly sure what did help but now I am again constantly at 60fps. (sometimes the fps drops a bit when it gets too crazy...but I guess that is normal with hundreds of molten balls flying around)

So this is what I did:
1) Delete the ShaderCache in Path of Exile folder ... so it would redownload and maybe fix failure
2) Use the pathofexile_x64 (64bit version) starting file (there are two files in the pathofexile installation directory... one for 32bit and one for 64bit)
3) Changed the graphic settings as follows (Engine Multithreading enabled!!!):

I hope this can help some of you guys too!

Greets bash
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Last edited by bashtart on Jan 12, 2018, 5:40:02 PM
Been doing the above, no avail.

And with that I uninstalled, this will be my last post in this thread. I gave them the whole oh its the holidays I'll get a response to my email after the holidays, I've tried my best just to sludge through the crippled state of the game and I no longer can do that.

I'd rather place my free time into a game actively working to fix performance issues.

Not hiring more artists to just pump out mtx.

Good luck all.
looks like my fps drops fix running 64 bit version instead of 32 bit (steam).
Really bad performance without Multithreading, another thing that might help is forcing the PhysX on the gpu in the nvidia control panel.
The thing with multithreading is that i get game crashes, but the fps is much better.
Before i had drops from 60 to 20-30...
"
lif44 wrote:
Been doing the above, no avail.

And with that I uninstalled, this will be my last post in this thread. I gave them the whole oh its the holidays I'll get a response to my email after the holidays, I've tried my best just to sludge through the crippled state of the game and I no longer can do that.

I'd rather place my free time into a game actively working to fix performance issues.

Not hiring more artists to just pump out mtx.

Good luck all.

Like many others im also not far away from just leaving.
Just experienced something else, elder based map and it's pools totally went crazy... half of the map was like this, was basically walking in dark (white actually) trying to hit some mobs and hope not to die, fps drops are still occuring after ton of stuff done, mostly around abyss breaches

Spoiler
add me to the list!

970 with 5th gen I3 16g ram and ssd.

running PoE with the 64bit exe helps tremendously BUT there are still drops in the fps, just not as game-breaking.
Have you guys tried disabling "dynamic resolution"?
Has been causing those issues for me, although I don't think I've ever turned it on (a patch might have).
yeah i feel that .too

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info