150 points map tab bollocks BONUS: Fragment tab is 75 points, totaling at 22,5$!

"
de99ial wrote:
"
ThunderBiome wrote:
I agree with making stash tabs cheaper. Please do it.

(I also get the idea of charging a service to other players for holding their bulk items but what about when I am logged off or away from my phone when they need them. Wouldn't work.)

I agree that You should make less money, pls make Your boss to do that.

It is easy to "agree" on something that is not yours. It is GGG game and it is their right to put prices to their work. And Your or anybody else "agreeing" or not is irrelevant.

You as a customer have right to buy it or not. Thats all.

The point is not "I don't want to buy this." The point is that the game is ultimately pay to win when you are only given 4 (or 6?) stash tabs when situations make it necessary for more. That is all. I have no problem with paying for them (and I have given a lot more), which is what you are thinking. That's not the case.
"
ThunderBiome wrote:

The point is not "I don't want to buy this." The point is that the game is ultimately pay to win when you are only given 4 (or 6?) stash tabs when situations make it necessary for more. That is all. I have no problem with paying for them (and I have given a lot more), which is what you are thinking. That's not the case.

FFS its not pay to win. Its not even pay to play. You can reach ANY game content without spending any money. It might be not convienient but it is doable.
It may be so but it has been the dev's job for a long time to make gameplay without account purchases as painful as possible. It is still free to play, just way more annoying than it was a couple of years ago.
"
de99ial wrote:
"
ThunderBiome wrote:

FFS its not pay to win. Its not even pay to play. You can reach ANY game content without spending any money. It might be not convienient but it is doable.

Its not even pay to play? Well, jee boss good thing our game that is marketed as free to play is not pay to play. How very convenient. :P

Again, you can reach any game content without spending any money. You could use the same argument if they were selling exp boosts and whatnot. You are, once again, failing to understand what is the point of the thread.
But I think I understand why this is somewhat hard to define. In fact, PoE was always a little bit pay 2 win, but because game was much different back then it was simply too small to matter.
Just like if you were to add mass of Earth and the Sun, you can simply say that their summed mass is mass of the Sun, since mass of the Earth matters so little in that sum.
The point of this thread is that this Earth is getting better and bigger, to a point it starts to matter too much.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Jan 16, 2018, 7:08:53 AM
"
Perq wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:

It's sad, really. GGG gives us so much. Dude... I'm so ashamed of my generation sometimes. >.<'

Gives us so much?

You gave them over 2000$. You haven't been given anything. You paid for it. And you paid a lot.
If every expansion pack would cost 50$, it wouldn't even get CLOSE to what you paid. Yet still you'd scream your throat out when big publisher like EA did that. Because for some odd reason, GGG is free of any critique - they can't do no wrong in your eyes.

You are the very embodiment of a white knight/fanboy. You are trying to defend everything that GGG does and says, no matter what merit it holds.
And quite frankly, you (and people like you) are detrimental to GGG and PoE. Things you say cannot be taken as valid feedback as you will always be in agreement. And what is sad to me is that MANY people seem to be still blinded. GGG is a great company but they can fuck up, as all of us can.

And I get it - you love PoE (maybe a little bit too much). I, too, love the game, I love the development team (well, most of it, at least) and I wish the game would prosper for years to come. And I put my money where my mouth is.
But this also means you sometimes have to say something critical. You HAVE to be critical. If you're not, you will turn into mindless zombies who take everything as it is without a question.
Ever wondered why Battlefront II sold the way it did, even tho everyone (or almost everyone) knew what it really was? Why EA can pull off shit like this and still sell millions of copies?
Because fanboys exist.

Don't be a fanboy, help GGG.

And to everyone else who is sticking around here, saying dumb shit like you don't like it, don't buy it and shut up - this is feedback forum. If you have nothing constructive to say (and this includes arguments), say nothing. You're just clogging the thread with pointless sentences that has been said millions of times and debunked as much.

Oh, no. You went down the white knight/fanboy route. You were doing so well, Perqie! Sigh.

Unfortunately, you are wrong. Despite my opinion perhaps being equal or parallel to one coming from said white knight/fanboy, that doesn't necessarily make me one. I can think for myself and Support knows that I have had issues with the game and some mechanics within as well and have voiced my concerns. I just do it in a way that, as you like to put it, helps GGG. I am simply of the opinion that the prices on these stash tabs are fair and they do not have to change at all.

Also, what has GGG given us, you ask? Oh uh, you know just, the game and all its content for the last 6 years? You can still log in right? You can still play? Go through the story, use your skills, assign your passives, pick up loot, equip items, maps, bosses, etc etc? That was given to you by GGG and partially made possible by supporters like you and me.

Yeah, I must have spent over 6k now. Many people have spent much, much more than that. But I didn't buy the game at all. I bought a pack of points with extra goodies attached to it. And yes, I say bought. It's a transaction, not a donation. I didn't donate a dime to GGG.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
How can I be going down the fanboy route if you just admitted that your opinion on the matter aligns with those of a fanboy? If you want to go with snarky comebacks, you shouldn't be admitting for them to be wrong the very next sentence. :P

And then again, you first seem to use the word given and only to then try to and prove that you haven't bought the game. And then go full 180 at the very end. :X

That said, if you want to prove that you are not coming from a fanboy point of view, try actually addressing the points made in the thread instead of simply saying that you don't think that the price is too high. That also wasn't the only point - there is a reasoning behind it.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Jan 16, 2018, 8:26:33 AM
"
Perq wrote:
How can I be going down the fanboy route if you just admitted that your opinion on the matter aligns with those of a fanboy? If you want to go with snarky comebacks, you shouldn't be admitting for them to be wrong the very next sentence. :P

And then again, you first seem to use the word given and only to then try to and prove that you haven't bought the game. And then go full 180 at the very end. :X

That said, if you want to prove that you are not coming from a fanboy point of view, try actually addressing the points made in the thread instead of simply saying that you don't think that the price is too high. That also wasn't the only point - there is a reasoning behind it.

Let me put it to you this way: I like cars, that doesn't make me a car fanboy. In fact, it doesn't make me anything when it comes to cars and I'm absolutely not. Yet, I like them. Can I just like something without being tagged and labeled? If you absolutely need to label things, as far as PoE goes, I'm a player and a supporter. That's it.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Jan 16, 2018, 8:42:34 AM
truth is, running a game that solely relies on player's free support may fork for small projects but never worked for a big company, especially when the game is the only one really doing it cause it attracts mainly people who can't afford other games with pay2win or subscriptions.

on top of that, apart from some idealists, the mainly ungrateful bunch of players that swapped into poe in the kripp wave imho rather expected making money with their gaming habit as they did with d3.

players need a "push" to support.

without the incentive to support, the game would be long dead. and even that is failing like the p2w expansion to china kind of proves. selling mtx isn't profitable and has a limit where players have "enough mtx", that's why ggg is giving them away for free or makes getting them cheap a gamble.

---

do i have a problem with that? not really (anymore). i helped them in the beginning which i got rewarded for with mtx that aren't available anymore and i gave them the equivalent of what i would have spent on other games (around 60$ every 3 months). and i'm grateful for the entertainment they provided over the last 6 years.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Perq wrote:

The bold part is just you not realizing how much has changed from the point where it was actually valid thing to say. Yes, they ARE pushing you to buy those. Whenever on purpose or by not noticing how much more shit there is in the game now, stash tabs are an absolute must nowadays. Notice how conveniently you now have to store all the maps on the Atlas, because you may need to complete one, even if previously you would only do the highest tiers. Now you have to keep 4 tabs full of maps.

Wanting to look fancy is nowhere near having public stash tabs to sell stuff or not having to sell items not fitting in your overly small stash tab space.

Nobody is expecting to pay nothing. I paid a shitton, more than any other game (and arguably more than I should, given what GGG is doing atm...). I can afford to pay more, but what GGG is doing quite simply wrong.

For the very same reason I rejected games like Mech Warrior online or Hawken. I like those games and I can afford to play these games, some people in there even deserve to get money (mainly those who make actual content, and not those greedy fucks who make decisions).

I, however, will not support the fuckery they are pushing with their MTX business models. GGG is starting to catch up on the bollocks, and I will not support it.

EDIT: Also, my must be in an asylum for crazy people. People are THANKING GGG for the opportunity to pay 15$ for a stash tab? A stash tab that can't even hold legacy maps in it, and GGG is fully aware of that, and are expecting you to buy 4 of them, therefore paying 60$ to stash your fucking maps?
What in the hell, are you people insane?

I have over 3000 hours spent in Path of Exile. A game that does not required upfront payment. 3000 hours of near-endless content that is continually evolving. I take breaks after extensive periods of playing but I always come back because there is nothing better available on PC, most likely anywhere. I have spent around 200 USD on supporter packs and some straight points, which is a lot for a game but considering amount of hours it is measly amount.

My only gripe with the way GGG treated micro-transactions is treatment of league-specific items. Essences was great example where the league was so cluttered by league-specific items that unless you had essence tab it was very annoying. When essences moved to main game, their frequency was so drastically reduced that stash tab is not really necessary.

I would appreciate if GGG considers league-specific items and how they clutter game as part of their designing process. I also believe currency tab should have enough free slots to store league-specific items seamlessly.

To last quoted point, I really appreciate GGG giving me opportunity to spend my points on something meaningful that makes my stay with PoE more pleasant experience. I dont spend my points on cosmetic transactions because I do not care about those. I spend my points on stash tabs. New stash tabs means I can spend some of my points for money I wanted to give to GGG for their great game. Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info