150 points map tab bollocks BONUS: Fragment tab is 75 points, totaling at 22,5$!

I've said this is news thread, I'm gonna say it again here:

"
150 points...

15$.

Ok, this is just stupid. At this point you can't really say that you are not offering pay2win.

You've added another metric shitton of maps and other garbage to clog the stash tabs, and now you are asking 15$ for a thing that should be part of the game from the very start.

I'm disappointed. This thing should be 50 points AT BEST. You're already pushing it too far with how many special stash tabs there are.

Add stash tabs for f2p players already. You are adding so many special tabs that it is harder and harder to say that you are offering no advantage for paying players.

This is what those fee-or-wait type of shitty mobile games are doing - they are testing your patience. They are tunneling into buying convenience, because sooner or later you will get tired of the bullshit they are trying to pull off.

With no premium stash tab trading it was a fair point to use. Nowadays, we have so much junk clogging our stash tabs that I'd say using the no advantage for money is bollocks. There are so many specialized stash tabs now that not having them makes the game tiresome to play.

Let me list the bare minimum you need now to be able to play in a somewhat tolerable fashion:
- one premium stash tab for trading 40 points
- currency stash tab 75 points
- divination cards stash tab 50 points
- map stash tab 150 points

That is total of 315 points for bare minumum. THAT IS 31$. That is hardly free. And remember that 15$ of those 31$ is one goddamn stash tab that should be part of the base game.

But of course now you cannot change map stash tab price because you have already released it and some people actually bought it.

For the record, I have tons of stash tabs and I have spent way too much money on PoE. I'm unwilling to spend anything else until PoE turns back into actual ethical and fair game which can be played for free. The fee-or-wait bollocks that GGG is doing is going too far. Heck, arguably even lootboxes that exploit gambling addiction is going too far for some people...
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Jan 26, 2018, 1:42:17 AM
Last bumped on Feb 9, 2018, 1:57:02 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You don't really need the div card tab.
A random stash tab will do.

Also not sure I really need a map tab.
Looks like more clicking than before ("choose tier, choose map, grab map" instead of "grab map").
And more than half of it (tier 8-10 and below) I do not really care about after a couple weeks.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Perq wrote:
play in a somewhat tolerable fashion

Magic words.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
I have no problem with paying for service

Where i see problem is hypocrisy. 'F2P game with ethical mtx' is a bs lie. F2P is true. Ethical mtx surely not.

I know some shiny members will say that you cannot 'win' nor you do not have to 'pay' but the truth is - playing with 4 tabs is a nightmare. It can be done. Sure. But saying that these tabs do not provide ingame advantage is a big fat lie..

Once you cut this hypocrisy and admit that there are p2w aspects - im fine with that.
"
Perq wrote:
I've said this is news thread, I'm gonna say it again here:

"
150 points...

15$.

Ok, this is just stupid. At this point you can't really say that you are not offering pay2win.

You've added another metric shitton of maps and other garbage to clog the stash tabs, and now you are asking 15$ for a thing that should be part of the game from the very start.

I'm disappointed. This thing should be 50 points AT BEST. You're already pushing it too far with how many special stash tabs there are.

Add stash tabs for f2p players already. You are adding so many special tabs that it is harder and harder that you are offering no advantage for paying players.

This is what those fee-or-wait type of shitty mobile games are doing - they are testing your patience. They are tunneling into buying convenience, because sooner or later you will get tired of the bullshit they are trying to pull off.

With no premium stash tab trading it was a fair point to use. Nowadays, we have so much junk clogging our stash tabs that I'd say using the no advantage for money is bollocks. There are so many specialized stash tabs now that not having them makes the game tiresome to play.

Let me list the bare minimum you need now to be able to play in a somewhat tolerable fashion:
- one premium stash tab for trading 40 points
- currency stash tab 75 points
- divination cards stash tab 50 points
- map stash tab 150 points

That is total of 315 points for bare minumum. THAT IS 31$. That is hardly free. And remember that 15$ of those 31$ is one goddamn stash tab that should be part of the base game.

But of course now you cannot change map stash tab price because you have already released it and some people actually bought it.

For the record, I have tons of stash tabs and I have spent way too much money on PoE. I'm unwilling to spend anything else until PoE turns back into actual ethical and a fair game which can be played for free. The fee-or-wait bollocks that GGG is doing is going too far. Heck, arguably even lootboxes that exploit gambling addiction is going too far for some people...

And wait until i told you, that if you have more special maps on standard, you need at least 4 map stash tabs. That's 60 bucks just to keep playing.
Last edited by Sixtysan on Dec 13, 2017, 4:37:54 AM
I dont have a problem with adding convenience for a small fee. I paid my part in where this game went from its inception to this point in time today and I am mostly very happy with how GGG and POE developed (way past my inital expectations). That said I still find the price of 150 points a bit steep. Tabs should be more than 100 points imo.
Reach out and touch hate.
Last edited by Hastur667 on Dec 13, 2017, 4:46:07 AM
I would never, ever, under any circumstances, given I keep my sanity, consider playing the game without all the extra tabs.

It is like going on vacation to a remote paradise half across the world, on cayak, no paddle included, just hands.
It can be done. F2P vacations.
I rather take a plane.
"
aldorus wrote:
I would never, ever, under any circumstances, given I keep my sanity, consider playing the game without all the extra tabs.

It is like going on vacation to a remote paradise half across the world, on cayak, no paddle included, just hands.
It can be done. F2P vacations.
I rather take a plane.

That's the whole point. They offer it for free, you don't have to pay. It's ridiculous to expect a full holiday for free in your words. This is not a problem with GGG being greedy. The issue is with your expectations.

These people at GGG like to get paid every month as well you know, just like you and me do. This is their job. You don't blame the guy behind the counter at the cinema for charging you for food and drinks, do you? Of course he does, that's how they make money. You don't NEED the drinks or food, but it's nice, right? It's the right way to make money too, based on needs rather than forcing it down your throat like some other games do.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Xavathos wrote:

That's the whole point. They offer it for free, you don't have to pay. It's ridiculous to expect a full holiday for free in your words. This is not a problem with GGG being greedy. The issue is with your expectations.

These people at GGG like to get paid every month as well you know, just like you and me do. This is their job. You don't blame the guy behind the counter at the cinema for charging you for food and drinks, do you? Of course he does, that's how they make money. You don't NEED the drinks or food, but it's nice, right? It's the right way to make money too, based on needs rather than forcing it down your throat like some other games do.

Nice guilt trip, and I partially agree with that. GGG is a commercial company, they need to make money, they deserve to make money. That is not my point.

I do not agree that MTX are ethical anymore. Path of Exile gets a lot of praise for being ethical outside of these forums and overall is seen as an exception to shitty f2p market.
Problem is, GGG is pushing the envelope further and further with how much shit can be throw at players to annoy them, until they start buying into convenience. Divination cards, shitton of maps and other items that take a lot of stash tab space and take forever to sort.

The bold part is just you not realizing how much has changed from the point where it was actually valid thing to say. Yes, they ARE pushing you to buy those. Whenever on purpose or by not noticing how much more shit there is in the game now, stash tabs are an absolute must nowadays. Notice how conveniently you now have to store all the maps on the Atlas, because you may need to complete one, even if previously you would only do the highest tiers. Now you have to keep 4 tabs full of maps.

Wanting to look fancy is nowhere near having public stash tabs to sell stuff or not having to sell items not fitting in your overly small stash tab space.

Nobody is expecting to pay nothing. I paid a shitton, more than any other game (and arguably more than I should, given what GGG is doing atm...). I can afford to pay more, but what GGG is doing is simply wrong.

For the very same reason I rejected games like Mech Warrior online or Hawken. I like those games and I can afford to play these games, some people in there even deserve to get money (mainly those who make actual content, and not those greedy fucks who make decisions).

I, however, will not support the fuckery they are pushing with their MTX business models. GGG is starting to catch up on the bollocks, and I will not support it.

EDIT: Also, my must be in an asylum for crazy people. People are THANKING GGG for the opportunity to pay 15$ for a stash tab? A stash tab that can't even hold legacy maps in it, and GGG is fully aware of that, and are expecting you to buy 4 of them, therefore paying 60$ to stash your fucking maps?
What in the hell, are you people insane?
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Feb 2, 2018, 4:57:25 AM
Re: legacy maps.

I do not think that is a problem really. Legacy maps are there to be a) collected and collectors are managing just fine now b) chain farmed to drop current maps.

With each legacy map ran you get one stash tab square. Maps you drop end up in new map tab. My plan for a weekend is to grind my mind of by chain speedfarming all my legacy maps. I have few tabs of these and i will end up with few free tabs. All new drops will conveniwntly fit in that new tab

My bigfest issue is all that ethical mtx lie. Wings or puppets are ethical albeit ugly. Such massive game altering tabs are not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info