[3.1] Max block molten strike gladiator, League starter, All content viable

"
KiadawP wrote:
"
leakvoid wrote:
KiadawP, read this before asking questions: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion

That was 'nice'. I read & even so, my understanding is, it added all phy damage in tree, then convert.

If so then it make sense to have it in the tree.

If it doesn't work like this, then there is no need to have them in the tree, which is why I asked why is it in the tree?

But Thanks for the support so far. I think I look elsewhere for build guide, because I can't understand the choices here. Wish you luck though.

To answer your question, a lot of the points needed to reach 78% block value are attached to "increased PHYSICAL attack damage while holding a shield". Since we have to take a lot of those points on the tree, it makes sense to use Soul Taker or rares with high physical DPS, rather than BLS which does very high Elemental (fire) DPS with low physical. Other classes are much better at scaling elemental damage, so elemental-based weapons are a non-starter for this build.

Hope that helps you understand, and good luck with your build hunting. :)
"
leakvoid wrote:
Added section "Gem links explanation", all your questions answered there.

If it doesn't work like this, then there is no need to have them in the tree, which is why I asked why is it in the tree?

"
KiadawP wrote:

... You souldn't have this question after reading article about "damage conversion".
It's very straight forward, only physical damage without 'melee' prefix (from shield and weapon of choice) AND elemental damage works for this build; modifiers to cold or fire are half as effective, that's it.

Edited:
Turned out it was a misunderstanding.

"Every shield node "increased physical damage while holding a shield", BLS doesn't work with this build."

I finally understand the misunderstanding!!!

BLS meant Brutus' Lead Sprinkler.

BLS is an abbrrevation I didn't understand, hence I read as (I took out BLS since I have no idea what it meant)

"Every shield node "increased physical damage while holding a shield", doesn't work with this build."

Everything is clear now.

Last edited by KiadawP on Dec 11, 2017, 2:39:41 AM
Could you educate me a bit on Point Blank with Molten strike? I found this post by Mark:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/916639/page/2

Which from what I understand means that usually we aren't actually getting any average overall damage from Point Blank. Because at range 10 we get the full 50%, then at range 15 we get no damage bonus, and then at max range (20) we're getting MINUS 50% damage.

This is because point blank calculates from the total distance a projectile travels, not the distance from point of origin. (So if a projectile travels 10 units total, we'd get full damage bonus until it's travelled 5 units, then it gradually falls off until the full penalty at 10 units)

EDIT: After a bit more reading I figured out that Point Blank actually uses a flat distance calculation, it's not a percentage of "total possible distance" as I misunderstood it.

It's just 0-10 units is 50% more, then gradually to zero bonus at 35 units. So point blank is almost always a damage bonus for molten strike, unless we somehow get huge aoe to make a ball travel more than 35 units (Which is pretty significant, from the pictures I looked at)
Last edited by Shiverwarp on Dec 11, 2017, 2:36:19 PM
Seems that you play your build as Inquisitor (regarding to your profile). Whats the point of that ?
"
leakvoid wrote:

Utility: Reckoning, Endurance charge on Stun, Curse on Hit, Elemental Weakness

Does Curse on hit work with reckoning?
"
"
leakvoid wrote:

Utility: Reckoning, Endurance charge on Stun, Curse on Hit, Elemental Weakness

Does Curse on hit work with reckoning?

Yes it works.
Can you please give me an example of how the gear should be? Like what rares should have and which uniques are good for the build?
hey, seems nice build, but what with bandits?
"
Tumzie wrote:
Can you please give me an example of how the gear should be? Like what rares should have and which uniques are good for the build?

Max resistances, highest pdps weapon you can get your hands on, high block chance, high health shield.

Try to get flat phys on rings, you'll need quite some Intelligence on gear for stuff like Inc AoE, Ele weakness, and ele focus.

There are no required uniques other than the 2 threshold jewels.

For "good" uniques, I guess just look at the usual suspects. Belly is always good for Life based. We don't want Bringer of Rain because molten strike wants different links. Can't go wrong with The Surrender shield. The new ele piercing abyssal chest is probably very good because we have trouble with resistances since it's combined cold/fire, but it would pierce both.

"
98h1zc wrote:
hey, seems nice build, but what with bandits?

They're shown in the poeplanner links, top left, shows bandits.

Anyway, my own questions:

1. Little lacking on efficient jewel slots, like the first post says. Kinda feels bad to go for the 3 point jewels from what I see of the tree, but Abyss jewels are very tempting this league. Think it might be worth it?

2. Intelligence requirements are staggering, most builds do have some stat requirement problems but this is rough for me. Need 155 intel for level 20 Ele Weakness. We only have a single intelligence node on tree for 10 int, and we have to path 2 points to pick up the 30 int nodes.
This means we need 131 int from gear? Is that even possible? Am I missing something?

What do you think about cutting out the pathing through Strong Arm (We lose 49% inc phys attack, 9% attack speed, and an almost irrelevant 12% Melee phys), and instead pathing through the strength nodes above resolute technique and consitution? (Giving us access to a 30 int node, and a single point jewel socket) Both are 6 points.
Last edited by Shiverwarp on Dec 11, 2017, 3:11:14 PM
i would skip max level ele weakness and just use 20% quality ele weakness at whatever level your int allows

i believe ele focus/conc effect at lv 21 requires 114 int so cap your int at 114

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info