[3.8] SonicSunder, 3M+ DPS, SSF, HC, BEGINNER LEAGUE STARTER, UBER LAB/ELDER, SHAPER, FAST

UPDATE: Pastebin available under sections:
- current gear,
- recommended gear
- path of building

https://pastebin.com/JNpdsEkV (Jul 17, 2018) 1.64M DPS (slayer culling means 1.97M DPS)
Last edited by Xcise on Jul 17, 2018, 9:53:13 PM
Anyone got a idea why I am getting oneshot by the minotaur? its not like on your video when you just stand and it doesnt even hit you. I mean I got 5.5k hp but still the character that was presented on the video wasnt getting under 50% hp.

http://poe-profile.info/profile/dhominico/Dkozi
Last edited by dhominico on Jul 18, 2018, 8:08:55 PM
"
dhominico wrote:
Anyone got a idea why I am getting oneshot by the minotaur? its not like on your video when you just stand and it doesnt even hit you. I mean I got 5.5k hp but still the character that was presented on the video wasnt getting under 50% hp.

http://poe-profile.info/profile/dhominico/Dkozi
Videos are misleading, I should probably take them down, that was in 3.0 with instant life leech, 3.3 we have to play more of a kitey playstyle (we can still facetank with better gear or more life though). Better luck farming chimera, because we can facetank chimera easily, and the smoke phase is a breeze.

Suggestions:

1) Swap gems for helm/gloves
2) Insanity gloves, something like:

3) we don't need flask of heat, instead use
for curse maps
4) Get a more DPS Soul taker, they're pretty cheap
5) Steel ring instead of two-stone, if you need res, get res on jewels. Also, get better steel ring. Self craft is fine, I use essences of contempt.
6) Lab enchant or maxlife% corruption on kaom's roots
7) Attack speed on offhand is useless for our build, better to craft int/str/res/wed on offhand (example:
)
8) Get more int on amulet, amulets are cheap. However, your current amulet is quite nice, so if you can't find a good one for cheap, then it's ok.
9) Sell your culling strike with a GCP to get 20% culling strike for more attack speed, otherwise it's useless since we already have 20% slayer cull.
Last edited by Xcise on Jul 21, 2018, 9:41:14 AM
Xcise, Thank you a lot for all advices :), i got few more questions.
1. Is the how to kill Shaper part of the guide up to date?
2. In which ocasions do you swap basalt flask to taste of hate?
Last edited by dhominico on Jul 21, 2018, 8:23:24 PM
"
dhominico wrote:
Xcise, Thank you a lot for all advices :), i got few more questions.
1. Is the how to kill Shaper part of the guide up to date?
2. In which ocasions do you swap basalt flask to taste of hate?
I only use basalt flask for curse removal, pretty much. If you want more survivability, you can replace sin's rebirth with the basalt flask to be even able to tank shaper slam, since shaper slam is 100% phys.

Yes, all the advice is up to date, but as you can see, all the videos are labelled 3.0, which means they aren't up to date.
Last edited by Xcise on Jul 22, 2018, 5:32:05 AM
Hey I just started this build recently and I really loved it. Can you guys give feedback on my current gear for upgrading purposes? I've kind of slowed down as of late because I'm RIPing to certain maps haha.

UPDATE: New league event: http://poe-profile.info/profile/xcise/SonicBackFlash
1) Playing a bit SSF since I got here early and everything is expensive, so I swapped poacher's with warlord's + bismuth's instead of buying goldrim + slitherpinch.

Spoiler
"
outspokened wrote:
Hey I just started this build recently and I really loved it. Can you guys give feedback on my current gear for upgrading purposes? I've kind of slowed down as of late because I'm RIPing to certain maps haha.

Try to follow the build more.

1) Rare helmet for more life/resists (your resists should be 75% for all except chaos, and you'll take a lot less phys. damage with a rare helmet)
2) Use damage when full life, or hypothermia instead of FA
3) Use rare offhand shaper statstick, even a cheap one is better
4) Use flame golem instead of molten shell
5) Use steel rings and rare amulet with more added phys
6) Insanity gloves
7) kaom's roots
8) If you are having res problems, put more res on jewels. Jewels can get expensive, but the two or three slotted jewels will be cheap.

When you eventually six link a brass dome, you should barely be dying because you'll just kill packs in one shot then leap past any dangers incredibly quickly, especially if you have a strict loot filter so you're never standing still to getting hit by anything, especially bearers and volatiles. You'll also not care about pretty much any damage from the weak mobs because of your high armour, even porcupines and if you have enough health, even the chaos constructs in incursions because they do 50% phys 50% chaos.
Last edited by Xcise on Aug 4, 2018, 4:36:29 AM
"
Xcise wrote:
Spoiler
1) Playing a bit SSF since I got here early and everything is expensive, so I swapped poacher's with warlord's + bismuth's instead of buying goldrim + slitherpinch.

Spoiler
"
outspokened wrote:

1) Rare helmet for more life/resists (your resists should be 75% for all except chaos, and you'll take a lot less phys. damage with a rare helmet)
6) Insanity gloves
7) kaom's roots
8) If you are having res problems, put more res on jewels. Jewels can get expensive, but the two or three slotted jewels will be cheap.

When you eventually six link a brass dome, you should barely be dying because you'll just kill packs in one shot then leap past any dangers incredibly quickly, especially if you have a strict loot filter so you're never standing still to getting hit by anything, especially bearers and volatiles. You'll also not care about pretty much any damage from the weak mobs because of your high armour, even porcupines and if you have enough health, even the chaos constructs in incursions because they do 50% phys 50% chaos.

Thanks for the feedback! I was in the middle of upgrading that time. Here's my gear so far. I'm not lucky with the steel ring crafting so far so no luck for a better replacement with that ameythyst ring.

I go back and forth 2 pairs of boots, switching to insanity gloves feels nice with leap slam haha. I was lucky enough to 5-link the brass dome with 50-60 fusings. I'm working on upgrading my amulet and also getting another steel ring. How much did it cost you to get your jewels?

Spoiler
"
outspokened wrote:
"
Xcise wrote:
Spoiler

Spoiler
"
outspokened wrote:

6) Insanity gloves
7) kaom's roots

Thanks for the feedback! I was in the middle of upgrading that time. Here's my gear so far. I'm not lucky with the steel ring crafting so far so no luck for a better replacement with that ameythyst ring.

I go back and forth 2 pairs of boots, switching to insanity gloves feels nice with leap slam haha. I was lucky enough to 5-link the brass dome with 50-60 fusings. I'm working on upgrading my amulet and also getting another steel ring. How much did it cost you to get your jewels?

Good 4 affix jewels cost a lot, from 1ex to 6ex (more after divining), but 3 affix jewels are max 20-30c or so. My 7%life+8%ias+5%ias+12%dmg jewels are worth 6-10ex each because they are usually the best jewels I can use for 1h sunder RT.
Last edited by Xcise on Aug 5, 2018, 3:50:04 AM
having a blast with the build in Flashback. But i've got one question - my auras, hatred and herald of ash don't give me elemental damage from phys. I can't understand why :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info