Whitelisting of the Trade API

Big big like!
"
mruuh wrote:
Hooray, chalk up another win for nanny state. Go ahead, throttle the able, so that the less able do not have to lift a finger. God forbid someone dares make some effort and work to gain an advantage over those who can't be bothered.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

cry harder sniper xD
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett :'(
Another step in the right direction, tyvm GGG!
"
Setharial wrote:
What about PoeNinja?

POE Ninja is used for tracking items over time. They don't care if their data is 60 seconds behind considering they archive values over several years.
e77322447a68f9c997c346c2e4539ca7
YAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thank you hope this actually works as intended and snipers begone LUL
That's cool
As a developer I could state that this is maybe a good news.
As a economist I would state the the recent nerfs will make the efforts put into this is pointless since the population will decrease in long terms and the market - collapse.
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
Make in-game automatic trade system and stop spaming us with tra$h, better invest time in some expansion with game addons, customabile UI, etc instead of this waste of dev resources.
Rlly for example graphics options in POE are shame for any game those days, even DOS games in 90's had more options, chat system shame, trade system shame, ...... big hole of improvements to go and you are wasting on some API-s what will not be needed at all if you just made that in game automatic trade (AH etc) like in other online games. Pls stop shiting with "trade is not meant to be done in poe loot is too good" when you in other hand selling premium tabs with "public" functionality what is only purpose trade.
Thank you.
Last edited by Coolmer on Dec 8, 2017, 5:27:24 AM
To me it looks like this will only put all the stress on the whitelisted sites.

Every private indexer is going to bombard whitelisted sites now for the same results. All data used to determine item value will be taken from delayed API, after that specific trades will be monitored on whitelisted sites (maybe even hundreds of specific trades per user)

A program will still be faster in sending the message ingame, so it won't change much. Except all these whitelisted sites could probably be overwhelmed by all the requests sent by the people that used private indexers before.

Time will tell, but i would not be surprised to see poe.trade and others go down in the immediate future due to this phenomenon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info