Whitelisting of the Trade API

This Change is really well meant, but I doubt that it solves the issue. I believe that sniper tools had a bigger advantage than 60s on users of public websites. Therefore I am kind of sad to see the idea of restricting sniping tools but not doing enough to even fix it..

As for the 'discrimination of smaller sites' thing. Those sites can easily get whitelisted once they are made available to the public and are somehow valuable to players. If you were thinking of developing a beneficial site to the community, you would know that this change does not affect your plans.
u killed my sniping tool :'c
get rekt snipers!
Perandus Coin Service! I buy, sell and split cadiro deals for a 40/60 split. You get 60% of the profit.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1966336
As software developer myself, I appreciate the planning sessions that have to go into these kinds of decisions. This is the kind of thoughtful stuff that makes me continue to support GGG.

And if it doesn't work as intended, so what? It's "just" software. Changes can be made.
What data does Poe Ninja consume? They might need added.

GREAT CHANGE btw!
you could add poe.ninja, even if these history statistics can suffer a 60 sec delay :-)
"
cococlucosid wrote:
This Change is really well meant, but I doubt that it solves the issue. I believe that sniper tools had a bigger advantage than 60s on users of public websites. Therefore I am kind of sad to see the idea of restricting sniping tools but not doing enough to even fix it..

As for the 'discrimination of smaller sites' thing. Those sites can easily get whitelisted once they are made available to the public and are somehow valuable to players. If you were thinking of developing a beneficial site to the community, you would know that this change does not affect your plans.

If you use the tools available on the current big trade sites you would get your notifications usually 15-25 seconds after private indexers. The 60s window should prove to be large enough. Those instances were items wouldn't show up on poe.trade (as example) would not show up on ANY API for whatever the lag time way.
truly an elegant solution
“Blood is really warm, it's like drinking hot chocolate, but with more screaming."
excellent.
"
typecast wrote:
In before the major POE scandal of 2018, in which an admin of one of the whitelisted sites is caught providing private tracker tooling for cash.

Your too late, good search engine and you'll find one that is up and running.

People make a living off trade. LOL If you really think this is going to stop them.
Last edited by chronsmash on Dec 8, 2017, 1:35:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info