Responses to the 3.1.0 Patch Notes

Patch notes underwhelming. Holy hell's the damn thing is 16 print pages long, and is about 100 words short of 7,000 words.

Hell it took mathil an hour and a half to go through it.

The way you did it is just fine. Some hype, and then the nitty gritty / boring stuff a day before.
"
MFJones wrote:
it doesn't bother you because you've only been playing the game for about a year, your point of reference is so minuscule and near irrelevant compared to those of us who have been supporting the game since the beginning that it shouldn't even be valid. it's unfortunate that the game is now overpopulated by people such as yourself, who are OK with what GGG is doing to their own game.

If only you people were around for the glory days of PoE, where most abilities can be viable and built around. Where they would introduce new content, new skill gems, and not nerf everything else to the ground. Back when you would be able to roll a new build and try something new every week.

The problem is that there are so many of you people now that the opinions of the people who are against such changes and aggressive nerfing and meta controlling is being completely drowned out. You f2p players need to remember that this game would not be anywhere near it's current state if it weren't for the money from early supporters. We are not expecting everything to go our way but we expect our voices to be heard. So far it seems like we are being completely ignored. GGG is either making balances for the top 0.01% of players (aka the walking bag of diabetes that is ziz), or the casual bottom 90% of players who never get pass level 90 and their most end-game goal is to own some 6L rare chest/weapon to "complete" their build.

"you people"

You paint me with a pretty broad brush. All because I have no issue with these changes or the approach that GGG is taking. Fine, you don't have to agree with me. That said, no amount of contribution you made obligates me to kow-tow to your opinion. Sorry.

At the end of the day... it's just a game. The people who are good at games like this will find their way around the new mechanics and still succeed. The people that want a repeat of the "glory days" of the past and insist on trying the same stuff under new conditions will be disappointed with their results. You made your contributions and had your day in the sun but times change and life moves on. Adapt or die.
I think the patch was fine.
Looking forward to the new support gems. (even thou 1 appears to be missing still)

Looking even more forward to the eventual Scion Ascendancy rework, because it's been a long time coming.
I just hope we are on the same page about what needs to be done with her.

As I see, she has two major problems. 1: Unlike every other Ascendancy which is built on a 2 point investment system, where you gain 2 points at a time, and can spend said points on something worthwhile and impactful.
Scion however is built on a 3 point system, meaning your very first investment is essentially worthless.
And this has a very negative 'feel' to her Ascendancy.

2: Is that her design is simply flawed, that she is a jack of all trades that simply does what other Ascendacies already do, just worse. Why? Why would you ever elect to use an outright inferior version of something.
What she should be doing is something the other Ascendacies are not doing, with fewer but more impactful options.
She should be a niche pick, but one that actually brings something new to the table.

Currently, the only thing she does that is worthwhile, is being able to start at other class starting points. If that were more the focus, instead of aping other ascendacies, and were built around a 2 point system like the rest, I think she would be in a much better place, and that I might actually play her again.
(essentially Ascendancy took her from being my most played class to least)
Reading this explanation throw me to ask who even needed the whole Xbox thing? Why when you lack of resources you spend money and manpower in this shiet.

If you put the line here, just before the release of new "expansion" what is the conclusion. Whats new. Nothing. They give us same over and over again. More maps, here can be made good memes. Like Atlas in 2020 with 1000maps? The end game is same boring thing. Breach 2.0... its fine, good league but... its same just in new dress.

Huge disappointment is and the engine. No improvements, before they at least tried to announce some improvements, even if the actual game became even slower at the end. You hitting the wall here, because you cant continue putting new MTXs on this shit engine. Or at least should be officially said that the game require SSD to be played normally. Which is ridiculous because there is no other game to require SSD to be even played. How so many years partial effects which drops to 0 fps are not fixed.

Build wise, nothing new. They brick VP so less options to play, because most of melees will be pretty fucked in t16+. Here i want to ask one more thing, when he talked about VP that you can leech with "no investment", wtf this means. How we can invest in something that does not exist. We have only 5 leech nodes for leech from attack damage, as ele build where you can 'invest'.

No real new skill gems. Old and total shit never used gems are not touched. What we can play as melee? When everything sucks hard. Shiet AoE, very few 'viable' skills.

Every studio maybe have ups and downs, but this one here is pretty deep black hole. Lack of creativity, excuses... this is very bad period for PoE.
I Loved the game, but watching all this and this 'balance' team... balance team is total shiet, they probably not even playing the game. They destroyed so many fun build last 2 years. There's nothing left. You just simply force ppl to avoid this game.
"
Joleco wrote:
Huge disappointment is and the engine. No improvements, before they at least tried to announce some improvements, even if the actual game became even slower at the end. You hitting the wall here, because you cant continue putting new MTXs on this shit engine. Or at least should be officially said that the game require SSD to be played normally. Which is ridiculous because there is no other game to require SSD to be even played. How so many years partial effects which drops to 0 fps are not fixed.

Most games don't announce minor engine improvements cos devs know it's boring and more than half the players can't understand it and so would expect the moon as soon as they see it. The standard lines to look for in the patch notes are "Optimised a lot of skills, areas, monsters and effects." and "Continued to incrementally improve the sound, art, effects and environments.", which are both present in the 3.1.0 notes. Meanwhile, we've also had major engine improvements - the kinds they actually announce - in recent times, such as multi-threading. What, did you expect them to include one of those every expansion? As for your SSD hypothesis...lol? I play PoE just fine on my laptop, which is hardly a gaming rig and certainly doesn't have an SSD.

"
Joleco wrote:
No real new skill gems. Old and total shit never used gems are not touched. What we can play as melee? When everything sucks hard. Shiet AoE, very few 'viable' skills.

Err...did you read the same patch notes as the rest of us did? We're getting 5 new skill gems (the 4 pre-announced ones + Despair) and 6 new supports. That's way more than most expansions give us. One of those supports is also specifically for melee skills.
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 6, 2017, 9:25:53 PM
I was happy with the notes.
Kia kaha, Chris. [Removed by Support]

And thanks for removing the Hedge Maze (and the marketplace, and the other sewers, and Kaom's Path). I'm running out of areas to complain about.
Last edited by Blank_GGG on Dec 6, 2017, 9:49:51 PM
So let me get this right: People are complaining about... about what? The size of the Patch? The amount of Changes?

Apart from the fact, that the game still evolving is one of the reasons I am still playing it (and it was mentioned so often, that we players don't own the product, no matter how many supporter Packs we bought) - I absolutely fail to see and understand the reason for all this fuzz.

With this Patch, GGG redesigned the bloody atlas: retiered all the maps, changed a lot of them, made new ones and introduced a complete (and to my understanding not really trivial) core game mechanic with the shaper/elder fight and it's dynamic impact on the said atlas. Let us not forget, they added the Shaped an Elder items.

This alone must have been a nightmare to the balance team, trying not to powercreep the game into oblivion but on the other hand to let it all feel rewarding. And let us not forget the 45 new uniques, all coming with their own mechanics.

I am personally rather happy, that they didn't rebalance every bloody underplayed skill or rebuffed any nerf-killed unique. I regard this as a result of the commitment to keep the game and it's gameplay running for some more time. For me the idea behind this approach is: Ok, let us first see, how these (not so really few) changes interact and change the game.

And I didn't even mention that we still get a league with this patch. And everything before christmas.

I am really looking forward to 3.1, it is centered around endgame, something for me as a (more or less) experienced player, not the "let's re-invent the leveling process for ARPGs" overhaul of 3.0.
I just can't wait to get started :)
"
Chris wrote:
Do you feel this approach was worse

It was good.

I still love you Chris and regret I only purchased Kiwi Pack instead of Diamond Pack.

Mmmmm that Diamond Kiwi Pet keeps an exile from being lonely in the darkest dungeon <3
Last edited by Kien on Dec 7, 2017, 7:10:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info