Responses to the 3.1.0 Patch Notes

As always you guys are doing a great job, and in my opinion, you have a great understanding of the underlying concepts for balancing and diversity. Every game in the ARPG genre could learn from you... Really looking forward to 3.1. tommorwow. Keep up the good work.
"
Joleco wrote:
Reading this explanation throw me to ask who even needed the whole Xbox thing? Why when you lack of resources you spend money and manpower in this shiet.

If you put the line here, just before the release of new "expansion" what is the conclusion. Whats new. Nothing. They give us same over and over again. More maps, here can be made good memes. Like Atlas in 2020 with 1000maps? The end game is same boring thing. Breach 2.0... its fine, good league but... its same just in new dress.

Huge disappointment is and the engine. No improvements, before they at least tried to announce some improvements, even if the actual game became even slower at the end. You hitting the wall here, because you cant continue putting new MTXs on this shit engine. Or at least should be officially said that the game require SSD to be played normally. Which is ridiculous because there is no other game to require SSD to be even played. How so many years partial effects which drops to 0 fps are not fixed.

Build wise, nothing new. They brick VP so less options to play, because most of melees will be pretty fucked in t16+. Here i want to ask one more thing, when he talked about VP that you can leech with "no investment", wtf this means. How we can invest in something that does not exist. We have only 5 leech nodes for leech from attack damage, as ele build where you can 'invest'.

No real new skill gems. Old and total shit never used gems are not touched. What we can play as melee? When everything sucks hard. Shiet AoE, very few 'viable' skills.

Every studio maybe have ups and downs, but this one here is pretty deep black hole. Lack of creativity, excuses... this is very bad period for PoE.
I Loved the game, but watching all this and this 'balance' team... balance team is total shiet, they probably not even playing the game. They destroyed so many fun build last 2 years. There's nothing left. You just simply force ppl to avoid this game.

Cheers buddy !
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
Practically they are completely wiping the CI / ES direct clean casters builds, and turning the game into complete hack and slash type of game. Is this game going to be a 2.5D singleplayer kind of Mount and Blade or something ?
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
I think there were a few PR mistakes such as claiming input from "top racers" and saying that you would slightly change exp then slam 40% it just sorta pissed people off.

If I didn't pray to a statue of you before every map I would have been pissed as well. Kappa

PS increase forum badge limit to 10!
"
Xedralya wrote:
What GGG is doing in terms of pace and volume of content releases is second to none.

True.

Thank you for the amazing game.
"
hazley wrote:
Back then the game was about build diversity and having many viable options for players to reach end game content. If you wanted to build a character around a skill you liked or a mechanic you enjoyed, you could most likely make it work. Nowadays you're looking on the forums for builds and guess how many of them have to explicitly say "SHAPER VIABLE"? That speaks enough for the state of the game.

The past year GGG has been constantly gutting builds and mechanics that are too frequently played instead of balancing the rest of the skills and mechanics out there that aren't played because they're subpar.

Indeed.I feel that is definitely a waste and the main issue this game has.
"
Poulpicator wrote:
"
hazley wrote:
Back then the game was about build diversity and having many viable options for players to reach end game content. If you wanted to build a character around a skill you liked or a mechanic you enjoyed, you could most likely make it work. Nowadays you're looking on the forums for builds and guess how many of them have to explicitly say "SHAPER VIABLE"? That speaks enough for the state of the game.

The past year GGG has been constantly gutting builds and mechanics that are too frequently played instead of balancing the rest of the skills and mechanics out there that aren't played because they're subpar.

Indeed.I feel that is definitely a waste and the main issue this game has.

Eh i think the devs knew they needed to rework the 10 year old mechanic of normal, cruel, merci that plagued the game,

They knew they needed something dynamic in feel in end game.

They just been buying time for a year or so while they did this. They also had to deal with the double dip.

The overall issue though is they release a new ability to keep adding to diversity, people figure ways to exploit it the devs didn't think of, and suddenly they need to nerf.

As far as it becoming a shaper viable world, that is exactly why they made the rework to atlas, provided you with ability to do ender at all levels and not just end game.

The problem is we break things well before they get a chance to balance them.

It's hard for a team of 200 to think of every item in the game, how it could possibly have some interaction, with other items, and damage. You do your best, then turn it to the wild where millions of players start doing the same thing. They however dump hundreds of millions of hours into figuring out the exploits and then the only thing to do is toss a nerf hammer.

Also some skills aren't suppose to be end game viable. It's like saying your upset your shot gun can't blow up a tank. No you need to upgrade your ability to do so.

Some skills should be used for effective leveling and then slide off into the distance. NOW the problem here is most skills don't get a direct collated upgrade. which is where I think POE could do better.

For example ancestral protector easily rolls into warchief. But you can't take say double strike, and turn it into quad strike or such, that has better ratios, and double double attacks.

It makes it hard not having a linear upgrade, cause you end up just selecting the end game skills as soon as you can hammer on them, making the other feel crappier than intended.

The new supports though should bring a ton of life into all of the skills. Going to be crazy seeing all the new things like, volley, ancestral spectral throwers. Or the all of the other billions of new combinations running through my head. Will they all be shaper viable no, will they do T15 and do it in a new fun way. Yes.

to me it's more about building a fun build than just being the first to get a crap ton of EX then stop playing cause i beat everything again, with some OP build.

Patch notes seem flat, but I truly appreciate the GGG communication, and regardless I am amped about the league and the new maps.

A bit concerned about how the new map set up will effect standard (yes... I care about standard.) Worried about shaped maps in particular.
dear balance team, you stil drunk ? or wanna troll

you buffed 2 of the strongest shits around
gc mines and srs, and theese doesnt even need vaalpact to be playable

this shits does 10 times more dmg as arc for example AT LEAST
with average decent gear, and you cant precast arc 20 times or move while casting or anything

aswell i have to mention, you nerf dp, ok
but while you remove vaalpact, you dont nerf dp totems...
(edit: SHOCKWAVE TOTEM YOU REMEMBER THIS?)

so we had the flask nerf last patch and now the leech nerf but wait what did you missed?
-zerphi, gz balancing like a boss (crinch)

and im sick of your overtuned new skills its simply annoying

edit: overall im hyped

Last edited by starstouch on Dec 8, 2017, 1:33:39 AM
"
starstouch wrote:
dear balance team, you stil drunk ? or wanna troll

you buffed 2 of the strongest shits around
gc mines and srs, and theese doesnt even need vaalpact to be playable

this shits does 10 times more dmg as arc for example AT LEAST
with average decent gear, and you cant precast arc 20 times or move while casting or anything

i think they r drunk and troll
MFJonesHC

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info