Responses to the 3.1.0 Patch Notes

Vaal pact,

overbuffed for core abuce

1)
it now applies to ES
ghost reaver or Soul_Tether

2)
it now applies to es and life: Soul Tether Belt
Mystress of sacrafice/Unearth/spirit offering allow you to heal 9000es per sec, with this belt, when afk, when naked, without leeching, undoing all negative effects from the belt

3)
it now applies to your leech rate passive points, and all leech passives

4)
it now not destroy regen: atziri gloves, when not crit recently

5)
Soul of arakaali and recasted bloodrage

so how does it work with mana, or what did the patch notes say about Vaalpact?
"
bolerodefeu wrote:

The entitlement is unreal. Because you're a long time player you are more important than everyone else? Get a life, dude. You made the point yourself already. The game is overpopulated by people like this guy. Exactly. The game is popular, making the money it does, because it's attracted more and more recent people that then funnel money into it. If anything, the newer you are, the more relevant your opinion is - as long as the game is growing - because they represent the demographic that is now playing the game. There's a reason that the game is doing as well as it is now, and I hate to say it, but it's not your contribution 5 years ago.

it's like you're not even reading my post. and you are as delusional as they come if you think your response is truly accurate and that it's good for the game.

oh look, of course you're just another player playing a GC mines build. rofl jesus christ, prove my point more plz
MFJonesHC
Last edited by MFJones on Dec 6, 2017, 3:27:26 PM
"
bolerodefeu wrote:
"
MFJones wrote:
"
johnbell2 wrote:
Doesn't bother me... changes keep things fresh and make you think... this isn't the only game like this, even in golf they move the pins around... no whining, play the green.

it doesn't bother you because you've only been playing the game for about a year, your point of reference is so minuscule and near irrelevant compared to those of us who have been supporting the game since the beginning that it shouldn't even be valid. it's unfortunate that the game is now overpopulated by people such as yourself, who are OK with what GGG is doing to their own game.

If only you people were around for the glory days of PoE, where most abilities can be viable and built around. Where they would introduce new content, new skill gems, and not nerf everything else to the ground. Back when you would be able to roll a new build and try something new every week.

The problem is that there are so many of you people now that the opinions of the people who are against such changes and aggressive nerfing and meta controlling is being completely drowned out. You f2p players need to remember that this game would not be anywhere near it's current state if it weren't for the money from early supporters. We are not expecting everything to go our way but we expect our voices to be heard. So far it seems like we are being completely ignored. GGG is either making balances for the top 0.01% of players (aka the walking bag of diabetes that is ziz), or the casual bottom 90% of players who never get pass level 90 and their most end-game goal is to own some 6L rare chest/weapon to "complete" their build.

The entitlement is unreal. Because you're a long time player you are more important than everyone else? Get a life, dude. You made the point yourself already. The game is overpopulated by people like this guy. Exactly. The game is popular, making the money it does, because it's attracted more and more recent people that then funnel money into it. If anything, the newer you are, the more relevant your opinion is - as long as the game is growing - because they represent the demographic that is now playing the game. There's a reason that the game is doing as well as it is now, and I hate to say it, but it's not your contribution 5 years ago.

Not about being a long time player or entitlement. It's about the mentality behind GGG's balancing and how if affects the game's direction. Back then the game was about build diversity and having many viable options for players to reach end game content. If you wanted to build a character around a skill you liked or a mechanic you enjoyed, you could most likely make it work. Nowadays you're looking on the forums for builds and guess how many of them have to explicitly say "SHAPER VIABLE"? That speaks enough for the state of the game.

The past year GGG has been constantly gutting builds and mechanics that are too frequently played instead of balancing the rest of the skills and mechanics out there that aren't played because they're subpar. If the strategy to balance the game (which btw is essentially a single player or co-op game since nobody cares about PVP) by nerfing 80% of the time and buffing 15% of the time, then the game is going to be restricted to cookie cutter builds with only a few combinations that will get to the endgame content within a reasonable budget and time investment. Might as well go play D3 and grind out your developer-premade builds.
Hey Chris,

I feel there were too few buffs as well. I agree with your decision and I think this is a VERY MOMENTARY setback. I loved the trickle of communication, it makes me feel prepared for the new league. I would love to see if these new skills are end game viable however (by showing the numbers, and me being able to compare them with some other skills in the game). I tried to make a charged dash character and a storm burst character last league, and boy, they sucked.

I am excited for the abyss mechanics, for the war for the atlas, etc.... but that information hasn't really been expounded upon in this weeks communications. So I think the big reveal is going to happen as always, when we get our hands on the content.

Thank you guys SO MUCH for this content. You guys work your butts off, from Customer Service, to communication to development and everywhere in between. I have given lots of money for this game, and I was not required to, and its a testament to the quality work you guys do.

Please everyone at GGG enjoy the holidays, and I assume this will be one of the best leagues yet. I hope you guys are making bank over there, you deserve it.
agreed its like they puss us for a specific build evry nerf/patch
"
mititelul wrote:
agreed its like they puss us for a specific build evry nerf/patch

yes and this patch is really boring.. im like yay new patch note lets read and see what build ill make..
then i see no changes and tell my self.. "sunder?" "again?" "meh maybe better take a break"
i see nothing new in this patch nothing to try and no new options for new vilable builds
it remains sunder for melee , barrage for archer and scouring ray+rf for spell. or bv..
im sorry but i got bored of same builds and that 90% of the skills are trash and not worth making.
like i said like manny other players stop nerf our build and try ballancing the game or diversity of it by adding other skills or some support for the weakerr ones, make bosses more difficult, etc etc not nerf evrytime the few builds that some players get them by manny hours spend on game.... if someone make a build that its great for evrithyng next path ull nerf it ...wth????
i make a buif witch big es u nerf it then a jagnaut instant leech u nerf it ....honestly if i want to changhe my build i should do this from my own free will....if i make a all good build me or someone else and post on youtube more likely ull nerf that too
"
Chris wrote:

The patch notes are "generally underwhelming"
So with this release, we pulled out the new expansion details, the league, all the specific nerfs, and heaps of news tidbits for separate announcement. This left the patch notes themselves somewhat dry of exceptionally interesting information, as we generally spotlighted it earlier (with the exception of the new Flask UI, Hedge Maze removal, character league dropdown QOL changes, etc). Do you feel this approach was worse than holding back information to bolster the patch notes with crazy reveals?

I guess I don't really have a problem with it. I think most of the confusion comes from your promise of Buff laden patch notes from your manifesto followed by very little to no buffs. YOU set up this expectation KNOWING that wasn't the case because of the tight schedule of 3.1.

How can you be surprised at the response?

I think the manifesto was a well presented document that helped answer a lot of questions ahead of time. So if that was your goal. Well done.

I think having some of the balance team available to answer questions on the forum after a patch note release would also go along way in stifling concerns and whipping up the public in the future.
"
MFJones wrote:
"
bolerodefeu wrote:

it's like you're not even reading my post. and you are as delusional as they come if you think your response is truly accurate and that it's good for the game.

oh look, of course you're just another player playing a GC mines build. rofl jesus christ, prove my point more plz

I want to be clear here. I don't disagree with your sentiment. I just disagree with your entitlement. I don't like the changes, either, I just understand the mentality behind it.

And yes, I played GC mines as my league starter. I then played a doomfletch prism, then a wander, then a ngamahu cyclone, and then a spectral throw build. I played sunder for turmoil and ice shot for mayhem. So what?

Last edited by bolerodefeu on Dec 6, 2017, 5:00:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info