[3.1] HC/SC Shockwave totem over - 300+DPS each totem Great for Starter

"
Kursed_one wrote:
"
Gzy wrote:
Ok, i see now, thx for explanation :)
few more questions anyway:
1. what's your defense taktic? I use one hit macro: sulphur flask+enduring cry which gives me over 500 life regen per sec so sometimes i stay in center of the fight and totems do rest but it works on maps 1-5 tier and don't know how it will be on hihger tiers, I suppose not so funny :)
2. if you like distance fight, like you said befor why not Siege Ballista/Marauder build?
3. why don't you use Hrimnor's Resolve helmet? It gives 40% fire damge bonus.
4. have you got any interesting ideas about boots? I use Gang's Momentum but it seems not so good as I thought before.

thx in advance, wish you nice drop!

Sorry, but I don't see any point for don't use inc aoe/conc effect.

I had really good life leech. Initial hit from SWT is huge. With elemental overload and wise oak you have over 60-110k damage per hit with conc effect. That's way better than fire penetration.
Hrimnor resolve is ok. I used rare helm because of stats and resistance.
Boots - rare is a best choice. Gang momentum is useless because we use elemental focus

We have only 5% chance for crit so is Elemental Overload worth it? I know SWT ticks about 3 times per sec but 5% isn't so much. It is exactly the same chance as our golem has to ignite enemy. However I have both: Ele Overload and Gang Momentum for ignite by my golem but think about it still:)
Sure a speedo flask will help some but still no match for Shield Charge... the base attack speed of the axe ist just so low.

"
Gzy wrote:
And about defense - make some one click macro and connect your Chalice flask and any other life flasks with Enduring Cry+Increased Duration, it can change a lot.

Or it may get me banned...according to Chris:

"
Any macro that performs more than one action is bannable

"
Gzy wrote:
And give me some feedack pls about Tukohama's Fortress ;)

Sure will...

As I said before, although I'll lose the 70% extra fire damage from The Cauteriser, I'll gain 50% more damage from the additional totem so the difference is 20% less which I'm sure can be remedied with a decent scepter. 100%+ increased elemental/spell damage, cast seed, flat fire damage and Tuko's 40% increased totem damage should make up for that. My 6l tooltip DPS in town with lvl 20 gems is at 32k per totem, i.e. 64k, if I remove The Cauteriser it's at 22k ... now with Tuko that'll be 66k with three totems. Now add to that all the mods from sceptre and shield and I'll end up with more damage actually.

Of course Tuko is a lot dearer than The Cauteriser and we're no longer talking budget build... but the same goes for a 6l Cauteriser and Kaom's Heart. ;)

Speaking of which, with a 6L Cauteriser I'd probably go with lvl 4 Empower, that be lvl 26 SWT (lvl 21 gem) which should be more damage than Controlled Destruction.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 18, 2017, 10:08:35 AM
"
Gzy wrote:
We have only 5% chance for crit so is Elemental Overload worth it? I know SWT ticks about 3 times per sec but 5% isn't so much.

We trigger EO reliably with OoS linked to Increased Critical Strikes support. Of course you can use any other spell you fancy (Arc works also well). EO does not require damage to proc, it's the hit that counts.

(AFAIK the totems cannot trigger EO at all, the hit must be yours.)
Last edited by tomay on Dec 18, 2017, 9:58:10 AM
OK, I got myself Tukohama's Fortress now... until I can get my hands on some b@d@$$ rare sceptre, a mediocre Doriany's Catalyst will have to do.

With the Cauteriser my Tooltip DPS (in HO with Lightning Golem and Hatred) was at 33.1k DPS, now it's at 31.5k. 1.6k less but I got an extra totem, a no-brainer really. 400 HP more, decent block and much faster attack speed adds a lot to QoL.

I'd say with a really good rare Sceptre (like the one below) the tooltip DPS should be on par with The Cauteriser.

"
tomay wrote:
OK, I got myself Tukohama's Fortress now... until I can get my hands on some b@d@$$ rare sceptre, a mediocre Doriany's Catalyst will have to do.

With the Cauteriser my Tooltip DPS (in HO with Lightning Golem and Hatred) was at 33.1k DPS, now it's at 31.5k. 1.6k less but I got an extra totem, a no-brainer really. 400 HP more, decent block and much faster attack speed adds a lot to QoL.

I'd say with a really good rare Sceptre (like the one below) the tooltip DPS should be on par with The Cauteriser.

Tukohama is better choice for 90% of totems build. Ofcourse that may be better. But the topic name "Starter build". Tukohama cost over 350c. Cautseriser - 7c
Thx for info about OoS and Tuko! It will help a lot ;)
Btw - will Doriany's Catalyst+OoS (Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Elemental Proliferation) work with Gang's Momentum (increased Damage against Ignited Enemies) ?
"
Gzy wrote:
Btw - will Doriany's Catalyst+OoS (Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Elemental Proliferation) work with Gang's Momentum (increased Damage against Ignited Enemies) ?

Doriany's does nothing for OoS, its status ailment would be shock and shock requires actual damage which we do not deal with Ancestral Bond. Although OoS acts pretty much like a totem, it is not so it deals no damage in our scenario.

I might try with Lightning Golem, the Ignites should spread with Elemental Proliferation but I'd lose Spell Echo and the Golem will cast a lot slower (any cast speed modifiers we may have in the tree or on out gear do not apply to minions). But then it wouldn't matter much, for mobs we certainly do not need the Ngamahu/Gang's Momentum bonus and where it does help some, i.e. at map bosses, we don't care for Proliferation. So this consideration is rather moot.

"
Kursed_one wrote:
Tukohama is better choice for 90% of totems build. Ofcourse that may be better. But the topic name "Starter build". Tukohama cost over 350c. Cautseriser - 7c

True that but if you want to "upgrade" the build with Kaom's Heart and six-link The Cauteriser it'll also cost a small fortune. Not to mention Xoph's Blood... ;)

Either way, the basic principle remains the same: 100% fire conversion Shockwave Totem. No changes in the tree are required, none of the other items need to be replaced since The Cauteriser does not give us attributes or resistances, so the switch is easy... Everyone can decide for themselves which endgame version they prefer. The Cauteriser is cheap enough and grants decent damage output quite early in the game but Breaches and Abysses and indeed boss fights feel much more comfy with a shield and three totems.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 19, 2017, 6:38:37 AM
If you want to enjoy the defensive advantages a shield has over a two-handed weapon but can't afford Tukohama's Fortress, there's a cheaper alternative which still yields about the same deeps (with Doryani's Catalyst) as The Cauterizer: Ahn's Heritage + 2 x Fragility grants permanent Onslaught (20% increased cast, attack and movement speed). On top of that you get up to 100 flat life, decent armour rating and block chance and +3% maximum elemental resistances.... not bad at all.

Sceptre, Shield and the two Jewels cost around 50c at the time of this writing.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 22, 2017, 2:12:51 AM
About Flame Golem - I linked it with Spell Echo+Chance to Ignite+GMP+Chain and now it seems like it works well with Gang's Momentum and Ngamahu - Flame's Advance.
IF I would use unique boots with this build then my first choice would be Mutewind Whispersteps... 30-50 flat cold damage added to spells does more than a few percent increased damage, even with the effectiveness penalty on added damage with Shockwave Totem (60%).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info