[3.1] HC/SC Shockwave totem over - 300+DPS each totem Great for Starter

"
PazifistaPx0 wrote:
I am new to totembuilds and this build in general. I tried BM version but i really struggled.
I found it very hard to scale dmg and defence alike. Defense is especially hard because so many uniques used in this build. I even had a hard tome on t2 maps. I just dumped the build and started a new one.
I wouldnt say this BM build is exactly starter or even league starter friendly.
I only tried this build because the author wrote its HC viable and starter friendly.
I dont have the slightest idea how this build is able to do hc.

I think for any beginner the BM version of this build cant work without essence worm because life is waaaay too low without it. You should add it as mandatory unique for BM version.
Even with essence worm life is always low due to lack of rare item slots as mentioned above.

The upside to this build is clearly that it is very chap to gain the 3 essential items for under 20chaos orbs. Which are cauterizer essence worm and hromnors gloves.

Also slow movement due to lacking as was pretty annoying.

Did you use auras without essence worm? o_O
I created this build in 10 day turmoil race and hit 90lvl fast and easy. Check my Turmoil gear. There's no struggle in resistance and else
Hi, i'ts realy good and so fast build but... ;)
Life leech doesn't work :( I hit Hinekora but it has no effect during the battle, works only life regen.
I use Path of Building and can see in "Leech & Gain on Hit:" option that I got only x1,3 (average instances), whatever it means but you got x15,9. What i should to do? How to live? :)

Do you have any idea?
Oh it works alright but totem leech is more like a bonus, not a means to fully sustain the character in tough fights. With lvl 19 gems my totems deal 6-11k fire damage per hit, 8.5k on average. 1% is 85 life leeched per hit, and since SWT casts slow as f*ck I'll leech only about 500 life per second (85 x 2 totems x 3 hits per sec), a bit more maybe considering that some of the ascendancy goodies do not show in the tooltip but still nothing to write home about. I already have the 15% SWT cast speed helmet enchant and the cast time is only at 0.3 seconds.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 17, 2017, 2:07:17 AM
I'm still undecided as to whether this build works better with Tukohama's Fortress or The Cauterizer.

The Cauteriser grants a whopping 70% of physical damage as extra fire damage and global Culling Strike. However, on a decent sceptre we can get 100+% increased spell/elemental damage, flat added fire damage, and lots of cast speed. So with the increased totem damage from the shield we'll get around 150% increased damage, better cast time, and an additional totem which is 50% more damage right there. And for Culling Strike we can link the support gem to Orb of Storms.

With Tukohama's Fortress we get a ton of life, decent block, a nice armour rating bonus (for us and the totems), and we can use Shield Charge for much better mobility, The Cauteriser is awfully slow with Leap Slam.

On another note, gotta love the new Abyssal jewels... turns out 43 flat life is actually better than 7% increased max life from the old jewels.

Last edited by tomay on Dec 17, 2017, 4:55:29 AM
Ok, i see now, thx for explanation :)
few more questions anyway:
1. what's your defense taktic? I use one hit macro: sulphur flask+enduring cry which gives me over 500 life regen per sec so sometimes i stay in center of the fight and totems do rest but it works on maps 1-5 tier and don't know how it will be on hihger tiers, I suppose not so funny :)
2. if you like distance fight, like you said befor why not Siege Ballista/Marauder build?
3. why don't you use Hrimnor's Resolve helmet? It gives 40% fire damge bonus.
4. have you got any interesting ideas about boots? I use Gang's Momentum but it seems not so good as I thought before.

thx in advance, wish you nice drop!
"
Gzy wrote:
Ok, i see now, thx for explanation :)
few more questions anyway:
1. what's your defense taktic? I use one hit macro: sulphur flask+enduring cry which gives me over 500 life regen per sec so sometimes i stay in center of the fight and totems do rest but it works on maps 1-5 tier and don't know how it will be on hihger tiers, I suppose not so funny :)
2. if you like distance fight, like you said befor why not Siege Ballista/Marauder build?
3. why don't you use Hrimnor's Resolve helmet? It gives 40% fire damge bonus.
4. have you got any interesting ideas about boots? I use Gang's Momentum but it seems not so good as I thought before.

thx in advance, wish you nice drop!

Sorry, but I don't see any point for don't use inc aoe/conc effect.

I had really good life leech. Initial hit from SWT is huge. With elemental overload and wise oak you have over 60-110k damage per hit with conc effect. That's way better than fire penetration.
Hrimnor resolve is ok. I used rare helm because of stats and resistance.
Boots - rare is a best choice. Gang momentum is useless because we use elemental focus
I don't use macros but I do make use of the Chalice which does create consecrated ground and is always nice for flask management. I'm also aiming for an "of Light" gloves enchantment which does the same when we get hit. Still undecided between regen or penetration boots chant tho. Still need to capture the Siege map boss' soul for the Tukohama bonus for even more regeneration.

With high tier map bosses you'll need to be on the move as it will be important to dodge the heavy hits whenever possible. I'm at 6.4k HP at the moment and it doesn't feel very comfy in t11/t12 maps.

And yes, I'd love to use Hrimnor's Resolve, not so much for the increased damage bonus but rather for freeze/chill immunity... but resistances a perilously low so HR will have to wait a bit.

Same goes for any unique boots. Right now I really need 3x res on boots and helmet. I'd also love to refund the Elementalist Keystone but them 12% all res are sorely need at the moment. :(
"
Kursed_one wrote:
Sorry, but I don't see any point for don't use inc aoe/conc effect.

I had really good life leech. Initial hit from SWT is huge. With elemental overload and wise oak you have over 60-110k damage per hit with conc effect. That's way better than fire penetration.

Most map bosses do have very high elemental resistances (up to 45%) and until we can fully negate that, Fire Penetration is indeed faster. As I said before, once I have the penetration boots enchant and my gear tuned so I can use TWO, I might change that.

"
Kursed_one wrote:
Gang momentum is useless because we use elemental focus

Gang's Momentum does work if our golem can light them up. And thanks to the new Abyssal jewels, any golem can now ignite.

However, Chance to Ignite support is required because any chance to ignite modifier we may get from tree/ascendancies do not apply to minions.

"
tomay wrote:
I'm still undecided as to whether this build works better with Tukohama's Fortress or The Cauterizer.

Well... after getting badly raped twice in tier 8 Breaches this morning I will definitely dump The Cauterizer and switch to Tukohama's Fortress as soon as I can afford it. The build as it is really lacks decent defense and the mobility is utterly poor, it's pretty much impossible to keep up with a party.
"
tomay wrote:
"
tomay wrote:

Well... after getting badly raped twice in tier 8 Breaches this morning I will definitely dump The Cauterizer and switch to Tukohama's Fortress as soon as I can afford it. The build as it is really lacks decent defense and the mobility is utterly poor, it's pretty much impossible to keep up with a party.

Have you tried Quicksilver flask with additional movement bonus? Just one is enough, mobility with it is quite good.
And about defense - make some one click macro and connect your Chalice flask and any other life flasks with Enduring Cry+Increased Duration, it can change a lot.
And give me some feedack pls about Tukohama's Fortress ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info