ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

I cannot attest to whether the inaccurate reporting was deliberate—although I’m certain in the possibility of someone eager to stroke their biases—but it was definitely fake and it was in the news.

Ideally, the free market would incentivize journalists not to back themselves in a corner where they have to recant their story. This should be the journalistic equivalent of leaving a scalpel in a patient. Unfortunately, there is a market of people just as eager to stroke their biases, and, as evidenced by the number of retweets, the efficacy of journalistic integrity is nada.

Fake news.

(This would have been a better place to drop that Eric Weinstein quote)
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
faerwin wrote:

If there's new coverage on something that ends up being a lie but without the possibility (at the time) to know it was a lie, then it's not fake news.

Fake news is making up a story out of thin air or deliberately changing a story to fit a particular objective (generally propaganda).

Apparently a white supremacist claim his group is connected to mass shooter and then admit he lied. People like to circulated and spread false information.

Mainstream Media Are in the Entertainment Business, Not Journalism. Yellow journalism and sensationalism sell and investigative journalism are just boring stuff...
"

Nothing is above criticism, nothing!!, but you don't say things a retired Vet would say. I'm not saying you didn't serve that's not for me to say but you came across as a ungrateful entitled, that's all. Maybe I read it wrong if so I apologize. I get so sick of this new trend of bashing white people and America, its sick! Nothing is perfect let alone America but there is no denying this is the best nation on the planet, that's not even open to argument. As a proud veteran surely you can agree with that.

Are you arguing the laws in the USA are not geared towards death?

Look at the abortion laws, the way we treat prisoners, and now many new euthanasia laws. In The USA, our laws are geared towards efficient killing. The US gov't is sending a clear message to its citizens that life is NOT sacred.

Last edited by Khoranth on Feb 17, 2018, 5:36:00 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
"
Xavderion wrote:
How to spread fake news without reprecussion:
Spoiler

That's not what fake news means
What does "fake" mean then?

Fake has the normal meaning but context matters. I don't really have anything to add to what faerwin said with regards to "fake news" vs news that is not real. I would classify the first headline form that picture as poor quality journalism rather than fake for a few reasons:
1. It's sourced vs literally fabricated from nothing by the AP.
2. It's not false but it lets the reader assume things that are not true. (poor quality)
3. It was reported before point 2 was verified. (negligent)

I honestly didn't read the articles because the contents did not appear to be important for informing my opinion on white nationalists, school shooters, or the guy in question. If they didn't use whoever the white nationalist leader was as a source then I would classify what they were doing as gossip rather than news, which would be poor taste even with a different subject.
"
deathflower wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:

If there's new coverage on something that ends up being a lie but without the possibility (at the time) to know it was a lie, then it's not fake news.

Fake news is making up a story out of thin air or deliberately changing a story to fit a particular objective (generally propaganda).

Apparently a white supremacist claim his group is connected to mass shooter and then admit he lied. People like to circulated and spread false information.

Mainstream Media Are in the Entertainment Business, Not Journalism. Yellow journalism and sensationalism sell and investigative journalism are just boring stuff...

Yeah, mysterious white supremacist leader from mysterious white supremacist group (both unnamed)
nothing fishy about that at all
Oblivious
Fake news doesn't necessarily mean deliberately fake. If a news outlet reports a false story it receives from a third party, ignoring the due diligence of confirming claims in order to satisfy its confirmation bias, that's still not only fake news, but at best it's partisan biased fake news. At worst, it's deliberately fake news with plausible deniability.

Also, the white supremacist group was not unnamed. Apparently it was an organization calling itself the Republic of Florida.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 17, 2018, 1:05:56 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Also, the white supremacist group was not unnamed. Apparently it was an organization calling itself the Republic of Florida.

Well, was it too much to ask to put it in the fucking twit? even a kid making shit up will at least say his father works at nintendo. giving 2 specifics in a short sentence.
Oblivious
Trump trying to distract us from the fact that the Florida shooter only did it because he's a fucking white male.

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Trump trying to distract us from the fact that the Florida shooter only did it because he's a fucking white male.

The mass shooter is mental disturbed not mentally bonkers. He isn't getting off the hook claiming he is crazy. The mass shooter demonstrated he is rather smart for evading the security, how quick he execute his shooting and trying to escape hiding among the fleeing students. What is his mental illness precisely? In what way does his mental illness affect him really?
You can be very intelligent and still mentally ill, the two concepts aren't mutually exclusive. Just look at anyone suffering from depression or psychopathy.

Not that I'm saying that it should be a get out of jail for free card.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info