ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
deathflower wrote:

You are bullshitting and don't look at facts when you say Democrats don't support tax cuts for middle class. Both parties distorted the facts. Take your own advice and stop crying wolf, or no one will take you seriously. Both parties are unpopular, use rhetoric and frame the other side as worse. This include Democrats. liberal, progressive, Republicans, Conservatives and Trumpsters. Don’t be a zombie hypocrite.

Name one instance in which libs cut taxes for the middle class. Just one.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
"
JNF wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:

You are bullshitting and don't look at facts when you say Democrats don't support tax cuts for middle class. Both parties distorted the facts. Take your own advice and stop crying wolf, or no one will take you seriously. Both parties are unpopular, use rhetoric and frame the other side as worse. This include Democrats. liberal, progressive, Republicans, Conservatives and Trumpsters. Don’t be a zombie hypocrite.

There was that one time with Trump. He’s a liberal, right?
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
deathflower wrote:
"
Kamchatka wrote:
Sorry, yeah I mainly meant liberal politicians do not want permanent tax cuts. I'm sure some of their voters do.

Liberals had 100% control of the government when President Obama was elected, and they had no interest in permanent middle class tax cuts.

The Republicans do want to make them permanent, but need 60 Senate votes. Who knows, maybe a few democrats will help.

Fact: When Obama was first elected President, Democrats had complete control of the house and 60 votes in the senate. They had no interest in permanent middle class tax cuts.

Fact: Republicans control the white house, senate and house,and want permanent middle class tax cuts, but need a few Democrats to help get to 60 votes in the senate.

I am sorry if you think facts on permanent middle class tax cuts are bullshit, but facts are facts.
Both political parties want to help people that are less advantaged.

It is the method by which the want to do it that is different, their goals are the same.

Liberals want everyone to pool their money and then have a group of people decide what to do with it.
Conservatives want people to give their money to the disadvantaged groups without it being channeled through the government first.

Link:

The other think separating the parties is federal v. state rights. Liberals want a big federal government that will be the one go-to authority for all government related matters. Conservatives believe that federal powers should be severely curtailed and limited only to national defense and a few other smaller tasks, and that states should take on the bulk of the responsibilities for governing.

When people try to stereotype the right as a bunch of heartless fat cats that want to suppress the common man, or the left as a bunch of dirty hippies or minorities that just want money for nothing - it leads to emotional name calling and doesn't lead to a fruitful discussion on politics.

Rather than identify as either left or right politically, one should consider each issue personally. The political spectrum is not black and white, it is not even grayscale, it exists in a variety of colors, hues, and tones.
"
MBata wrote:
Both political parties want to help people that are less advantaged.

It is the method by which the want to do it that is different, their goals are the same.

Liberals want everyone to pool their money and then have a group of people decide what to do with it.
Conservatives want people to give their money to the disadvantaged groups without it being channeled through the government first.

Link:

The other think separating the parties is federal v. state rights. Liberals want a big federal government that will be the one go-to authority for all government related matters. Conservatives believe that federal powers should be severely curtailed and limited only to national defense and a few other smaller tasks, and that states should take on the bulk of the responsibilities for governing.

When people try to stereotype the right as a bunch of heartless fat cats that want to suppress the common man, or the left as a bunch of dirty hippies or minorities that just want money for nothing - it leads to emotional name calling and doesn't lead to a fruitful discussion on politics.

Rather than identify as either left or right politically, one should consider each issue personally. The political spectrum is not black and white, it is not even grayscale, it exists in a variety of colors, hues, and tones.

Nice article, but like basically all news articles I wish it had more detail regarding the polling. It also has a massive flaw that totally invalidates the conclusion IMO, which is that it only has information from itemized deductions. There's no way those demographics represent the total population of those states in the statistical sense. I also wish they defined their categories. If my church does a soup kitchen is that religious, social service, civic, or health? Under education, does it include religious education or only real education? I'm not saying that the conclusions are wrong. We can't say anything either way based on what's presented there.

Edit: I wish it had information about independents also.
Last edited by DurianMcgregor on Jan 15, 2018, 10:31:19 AM
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but aren't Mormons forced to give 10% or face punishment or get kicked out of church?

Some protestant churches do this as well.

That definitely is not charity.

Last edited by Kamchatka on Jan 15, 2018, 10:37:52 AM
"
Kamchatka wrote:
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but aren't Mormons forced to give 10% or face punishment or get kicked out of church?

two questions:
1) does religious affiliation positively correlate to political tendencies?

2) All religions have a component of charity. Generally christians are supposed tithe 10% of wages to the church. This goes way back to when churches were the only source of social welfare in existence. Hospitals, orphanages, poor houses, disaster relief, food, education, all of it was run by the churches until governments decided to co-opt it. The Islamic equivalent of tithing is zakat, in Judaism it is called Tzedakah. In every religion charity is held in the highest regard, and is considered a personal obligation.

I believe social welfare is the responsibility of individuals and religions, not governments.

It would be nice if qualified charitable donations were 100% tax deductible up to a certain total of your total tax burden.
Last edited by MBata on Jan 15, 2018, 11:03:24 AM
"
MBata wrote:

So, what you're admitting is that liberals want to take the money that I've worked and slaved for, paid taxes on, and then give it to people who haven't via distribution of wealth...

Glad we can agree on something. About those tax cuts...

Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
"
MBata wrote:
"
Kamchatka wrote:

two questions:
1) does religious affiliation positively correlate to political tendencies?

2) All religions have a component of charity. Generally christians are supposed tithe 10% of wages to the church. This goes way back to when churches were the only source of social welfare in existence. Hospitals, orphanages, poor houses, disaster relief, food, education, all of it was run by the churches until governments decided to co-opt it. The Islamic equivalent of tithing is zakat, in Judaism it is called Tzedakah. In every religion charity is held in the highest regard, and is considered a personal obligation.

I believe social welfare is the responsibility of individuals and religions, not governments.

It would be nice if qualified charitable donations were 100% tax deductible up to a certain total of your total tax burden.

Well my point was: if your church forces you to tithe, or punishes/ kicks you out, then the tithe is not a charitable donation.

And that type of tithing should not be counted in infographs, like the one previously posted that I responded to.
"
JNF wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:

While we all get sick of listening to the crickets chirping while waiting for a response...I'll just leave this here...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/when-democrats-backed-tax-cuts-1512086850

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info