ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

*epic drum roll* ALL HAIL THE GOD EMPEROR OF MANKIND, DONALD TRUMP!

hes chaos incarnate
"

hes chaos incarnate

Hahaha, that's epic.
"
omgMajk wrote:
"
that's epic.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"

hes chaos incarnate

That would explain the devaluation of chaos orbs!
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"

hes chaos incarnate

BEST POST EVER lol
I dont see any any key!
Bump for Trump.
Code Geass is the reference in the title. No one says "All Hail X" in real life about anyone. If they are, question their seriousness.
Last edited by ThunderBiome on Dec 2, 2017, 6:50:32 PM
I just finished listening to Scott Adams' Win Bigly: Persuasion in a World Where Facts Don't Matter (on Audible). The main topic of the book was his blog-based coverage of Trump during the 2016 election using what Adams calls the "Persuasion Filter."

The core worldview that Adams presents was simultaneously challenging and welcome to me. No, this wasn't because of his surprisingly Commiefornian policy positions, such as free college for all of stripping men of voice in what happens to the fruit of sexual intercourse. Those were irrelevant, because his philosophy itself, as represented by his Persuasion Filter, render them irrelevant.

First, a bit about my personal history with philosophical thought. As a person who is, although technically not an adherent of Objectivism (the philosophy of Ayn Rand) due to a handful of disagreements and the purity spirals Rand's true believers have undergone to purge "heretics" from their order, I'm quite enamored with Rand's work in a general but not entirely uncritical way. As such, I've read Rand's defenses of reason and Aristotelean metaphysics, and her attacks on Plato, Kant, and anyone else who questions the supremacy of reason and a knowable reality in matters of epistemology. I've mostly agreed with these attacks.

Adams, however, is an enemy of the Objectivist worldview, and a big fan of Plato and Kant, citing the former's Allegory of the Cave within the book itself. He would routinely state that reality is unknowable and humans simply weren't evolved to process the world in such a way. But in a way this fit in with my pre-existing objections to Objectivism: surely reality is not fully knowable, as the amount if data involved simply couldn't be stored in the organic computers that are our minds. Objectivism clearly doesn't have all the an

However, it's similarly absurd to state that our realities are fully unknowable, as there are things we "moist robots" need to know accurately about reality if we're to survive long enough to breed. Even in the Allegory of the Cave, there are things the prisoners see directly, things that are not shadows on a wall. At the same time, some things are shadows on a wall. The existence of one doesn't preclude the existence of the other; knowable reality and unknowable reality coexist.

Adams' arguments imply some knowable truths, but his definite focus is on the unknowable yin to my previously explored yang. He's a consummate believer in moral relativism, to an extent that makes most postmodernists hilariously hypocritical — that is, to the extent that he holds no bias against those who believe moral relativism is a lie. As far as Adams is concerned, if your worldview "makes you happy and accurately predicts the future," how can it be bad for you?

Facts? Get outta here with that non-nonsense, says Adams. Let's talk feels, not reals.

From there, Adams goes on to recap his pre-election observations on Trump's ability to consistently win on feels in sometimes blatant disregard of facts — although he concedes that Clinton's (or should I say Cialdini's?) feel game was stronger, albeit too late. And it's a pretty good explanation. I highly recommend the book to all you Trump-haters out there, so that you can better understand how Trump tapped into America's feels — and how you're still feeling the ill effects of Cialdini tapping into yours.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 26, 2017, 2:23:53 PM
I don't get why anyone hates Trump more than any other freemason/illuminati puppet of satan :P
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info