ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
Trump Considering Idiot Son-in-Law for Chief-of-Staff Job

Santa Claus,

Please make this come true.

regards,
giddy rojimboo

"
‘The Gift That Keeps on Giving’: Cohen Raid Sparks Criminal Probe of Trump Inauguration Committee

Santa Claus,

Ps. Nevermind. I got all the gifts this holiday season I can bear.
Interesting situation brewing with Syrian freedom fighters and Turkey. Wonder what Trump will do, if anything?
"
Is delusional psychopath a personality type? :)

This is when things will start getting really interesting. Wait for the Weisselberg stuff to begin trickling in. Oh, boy!

He's in Cluster B, if we want to look at it that way.

"
Vanity Fair asked several psychologists to weigh in on Donald Trump, and their diagnosis of the potential GOP presidential candidate is far from pretty. In fact, they say, Donald Trump is an obvious diagnosis.

“Remarkably narcissistic,” said developmental psychologist and Harvard Graduate School professor Howard Gardner.

Clinical psychologist Ben Michaelis echoed the sentiment, referring to Trump’s diagnosis as “Textbook narcissitic personality disorder.” In fact, Trump’s narcissistic personality disorder is so textbook that another clinical psychologist, George Simon, who conducts lectures and seminars on manipulative behavior, is saving clips of Trump.

Also Charan what happened to lure you back in here?
We got one boys. Now do Shaun King.

Spoiler
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
At the very least, watching Pelosi kick Trump around the room like a grandmother corralling a toddler is gonna be awesome.

A loving patient grandmother with a very tired out of control toddler. That is the perfect description!
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
so, I usually peek in here once a month or so. Clearly a lot has taken off in recent times and it's transforemd the tone of the thread.

I found the Trump on the couch post.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Fair enough, brother. For you, this book would be physically painful.

The paramnesia bit hit me hard, since as I mentioned, I dealt with a form of it for at least a year as the care of my very sick grandmother fell to me (my mother was too close to handle it emotionally). The fights we'd get into over the stupidest little shit were epic, but the real trick was negotiating that rage that would follow the rare moments of clarity, when she'd know she'd actually been wrong but couldn't admit it because admitting it was a shortcut to admitting she was exactly as demented as her own mother had been near the end.

I can only imagine what's going on behind the scenes in the White House if it's anything like that. The eggshells you'd have to walk on when literally the most powerful person in the world is such a bundle of neuroses, delusions of grandeur and a walking posterchild for the DK effect. You couldn't pay me enough to deal with that, man. You just couldn't. I'd rather shovel literal shit 8 hours a day for minimum wage.

I'm sorry to hear that, that must have been really hard for everyone.

Interestingly, that behaviour in Trump can be interpreted as part of Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

"
Many narcissists and gaslighters have thin skin and can react poorly when called to account for their negative behavior. When challenged, the narcissist is likely to either fight (e.g., temper tantrum, excuse-making, denial, ["forgetting"], blame, hypersensitivity, etc.) or take flight (bolt out the door, avoidance, silent treatment, sulking resentment, or other forms of passive-aggression). The gaslighter nearly always resorts to escalation by doubling or tripling down on their false accusations or coercions, to intimidate or oppress their opponent. Many gaslighters view relationships as inherently competitive rather than collaborative; a zero-sum game where one is either a winner or a loser, on top or at the bottom. “Offense is the best defense” is a mantra for many gaslighters, which also represents their aggressive method of relating to people.

I put forgetting in because the NPD individual I have had the unfortunate lief experience with would pull out all of that when challenged.

It's interesting to speculate about what might be going on for Trump, and definitely invites empathy. That people are analysing the POTUS like this is what's telling.

"
Imagine then a fleet or a ship in which there is a captain who is taller and stronger than any of the crew, but he is a little deaf and has a similar infirmity in sight, and his knowledge of navigation is not much better. The sailors are quarreling with one another about the steering––every one is of the opinion that he has a right to steer, though he has never learned the art of navigation and cannot tell who taught him or when he learned, and will further assert that it cannot be taught, and they are ready to cut in pieces any one who says the contrary. They throng about the captain, begging and praying him to commit the helm to them; and if at any time they do not prevail, but others are preferred to them, they kill the others or throw them overboard, and having first chained up the noble captain's senses with drink or some narcotic drug, they mutiny and take possession of the ship and make free with the stores; thus, eating and drinking, they proceed on their voyage in such a manner as might be expected of them.

Him who is their partisan and cleverly aids them in their plot for getting the ship out of the captain's hands into their own whether by force or persuasion, they compliment with the name of sailor, pilot, able seaman, and abuse the other sort of man, whom they call a good-for-nothing; but that the true pilot must pay attention to the year and seasons and sky and stars and winds, and whatever else belongs to his art, if he intends to be really qualified for the command of a ship, and that he must and will be the steerer, whether other people like or not––the possibility of this union of authority with the steerer's art has never seriously entered into their thoughts or been made part of their calling. Now in vessels which are in a state of mutiny and by sailors who are mutineers, how will the true pilot be regarded? Will he not be called by them a prater, a star-gazer, a good-for-nothing?

"
Charan wrote:
NPD is just sort of the catch-all I think. An easy enough fallback that isn't necessarily wrong but no where near layered enough to really figure out what makes the man tick.

It's interesting how he prides himself on being unpredictable and for a while there, he seemed to be, but once you filter his actions through a number of psychological lenses, his range of possible actions and reactions is shockingly narrow. Trump is openly enslaved by his malfunctions -- you just have to know what those malfunctions are, and 'NPD' doesn't quite cut it there.

Indeed, as nightmarish as NPD is, most people with one huge thing going on have several more. No doubt there's some cognitive issues there too.

Yes, once you get past the bafflement with people who don't have empathy, and they are easy to predict. Limited emotional range makes a person much more predictable than someone with complex emotions.

Anyway, this can carry on but to the wtf is going on glee:

More amusing images please. The revolt bit, damn:

"
This has been one of the President’s worst weeks yet. From being implicated by his own Justice Department in a felony, to a very public spat with the incoming House Democrats over one of his most signature policies, it hasn’t exactly been smooth sailing for the leader of the free world.

In public, Mr Trump continues to appear confident.

“It’s hard to impeach somebody who hasn’t done anything wrong and who’s created the greatest economy in the history of our country,” he told Reuters earlier this week. “I’m not concerned, no. I think that the people would revolt if that happened.”

But a tumultuous week of awkward photo-ops, nightmare negotiations and an ongoing investigation into his shady dealings begs to differ.

Courier Mail 46 mins

Last edited by erdelyii on Dec 14, 2018, 9:12:06 PM
"
erdelyii wrote:

More amusing images please.

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Its gonna be hilarious when you guys have to deal with Trump another 6 years.

Its already been 2 years of bonafide praying. I dunno how some of you are gonna make it if this blows over and he gets re-elected, which he will.
Last edited by Destructodave on Dec 15, 2018, 4:40:19 AM
"
Destructodave wrote:
Its gonna be hilarious when you guys have to deal with Trump another 6 years.

Its already been 2 years of bonafide praying. I dunno how some of you are gonna make it if this blows over and he gets re-elected, which he will.

There has been a lot of schadenfreude going on in this thread. Is the reason you guys like Trump because he infuriates those not in your political camp?

I mean, the reason most people that are against Trump are against him is simply because we think that he is causing long-lasting damage to both the world and America for short-term political gains. How can that make you happy?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info