ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
鬼殺し wrote:
These are the tenets of the dictator.

They used to have people like this:

Now they have guys like this:

"
鬼殺し wrote:
I wonder how Nixon supporters felt and reacted after Watergate?

Nixon still had a large support within his base right up to the point of resigning. The tape coming out and obviously going to be convicted in the Senate after already being impeached in the House and the resignation all happened blindingly fast. August 5, 1974 the tape was released that had Nixon conspiring and approving the obstruction of justice. August 8, 1974 he resigned.

I was not a supporter but I think it would be fair to say that the Nixon supporters were in a daze because, the end happened so fast.

P.S. I loved the picture proof of Hillary Clinton meeting a Russian agent in 2016.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Wow. With all the victory laps going on, you'd think that Leftists had forgotten that an accusation does not automatically establish guilt.

Oh, yeah. They keep forgetting that. Good luck and we'll see y'all in court (if it ever even gets that far). =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
What brought Nixon down was obstruction of justice. The actual crime was relatively minor. The difference from the Nixon case is that the accusations against Trump are far worse than obstruction of justice. Very significant parts of Trump's obstruction of justice violations were done in public and in plain sight by Trump. Trump calls it just fighting back. So the obstruction of justice is almost a slam dunk, especially assuming that Mueller probably has far more evidence that the public doesn't know about.

Trump apparently has little respect for the law. You heard Tillerson saying that Trump kept telling him to do illegal stuff and just getting frustrated when Tillerson would say no we can't do that because it's against the law. Wouldn't a normal reaction be to stop and be concerned if you had just told someone to break the law? That wasn't Trump's reaction.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
鬼殺し wrote:

There is no excusing anyone who supported him. None. In the end, from Bannon all the way down to Mom and Pop in Flyoversville USA, these people turned a blind eye for their own needs or desires. They wanted to be a part of the exploitation. To buy what he was selling. To be greedy like him.

There are a lot of people that supported him just because they liked him on Apprentice or because they thought a change to the normal politician President would be good. They might not have even been that aware of him and just voted for him because they didn't like Hilary Clinton. Maybe they just heard Trump say something that they really liked, heaven knows he said all kinds of things that he didn't really mean. You could perhaps fault those people for not researching better but I don't think think they were necessarily being greedy.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Why would they have liked him on The Apprentice? Because that version of him, idealised to the max, was not just greedy but successfully so.

Trump's line during the campaign was, "I'm a super successful businessman. I'll sacrifice myself by bringing all those talents to making America successful. I'll run this country like a business and erase the public debt before I'm out of office. I'll make America Great Again." A lot of people bought into that.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
And that's another excuse those people used -- 'they're all corrupt, at least Trump is honest about it'.

Yes, that one still is very common along with the assertion that "They all lie." Republicans that I'm very fond of use that one whenever I mention that he's a pathological liar or apparently corrupt. Washington Post has the lie tally for Trump at something around six or seven thousand. They counted Obama's lies and it was like 18.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
I get the desire to defend them, TD, I do. But we're so far past that now. People have had ample opportunity to rectify things. Ignorance is no defence. Not now.

I agree that ignorance really only worked well before election, not so much now. Now it is just his core base. His core base is still with him but I think it is hurting the Republican party longer term especially with women and minorities.
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Where is your God-Emperor now?

Teflon Donald is still Emperor of the USA, and is likely to win reelection in 2020. Because the Democratic Party has gone completely off the edge to the left.

It's reasonably likely that Trump will get to appoint 1 more Supreme Court Justice, which will really put a hard block on any "out of bounds" moves the left tries to push, for decades. Everything from new "protected groups" to aggressive gun control laws, to attempts to legislate any sorta "hate speech" laws in the USA will be met with unyielding resistance. With a high likelihood of overturning some previous rulings that the left holds dear. My taste buds are salivating in anticipation of the amount of salt this would bring.

Not only that, but Trump is filling the federal courts with right-wing judges. And seeing as how Republicans still hold majority in the Senate (expanded it during the mid-terms, LOL), the left can't really do anything to stop this. It's full steam ahead. The judicial system, which is supposed to be non-partisan, even though everyone knows it isn't, is going to be hard right after Trump is done stacking the courts.

This isn't about one candidate being absolutely perfect. It's about who's the lesser of evils, and Teflon Donald, for as crooked and arrogant as he might be, is still the lesser in many people's eyes.

And the left, including you, hasn't made a compelling argument that the alternatives to Trump are any more noble. In deed, or ideas.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Dec 8, 2018, 9:06:09 PM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:

This isn't about one candidate being absolutely perfect. It's about who's the lesser of evils, and Teflon Donald, for as crooked and arrogant as he might be, is still the lesser in many people's eyes.

And the left, including you, hasn't made a compelling argument that the alternatives to Trump are any more noble. In deed, or ideas.

I don't think that is how breaking the law works.
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Where is your God-Emperor now?

Teflon Donald is still Emperor of the USA, and is likely to win reelection in 2020. Because the Democratic Party has gone completely off the edge to the left.

Yes, it is possible that he could win reelection in 2020. It is also looking more likely that Steve Bannon is correct that Trump may not finish out his first term in office though.

"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
It's reasonably likely that Trump will get to appoint 1 more Supreme Court Justice, which will really put a hard block on any "out of bounds" moves the left tries to push, for decades. Everything from new "protected groups" to aggressive gun control laws, to attempts to legislate any sorta "hate speech" laws in the USA will be met with unyielding resistance. With a high likelihood of overturning some previous rulings that the left holds dear. My taste buds are salivating in anticipation of the amount of salt this would bring.

Heaven forbid that there was less hate and racism in the world. This really is one of President Trumps greatest contributions to our society emboldening racists, strengthening their ranks. MAGA, he's taking us back to the good old days when blacks feared a good old fashioned lynching, right? Get there early so you can get a front row seat at the public hanging. Keep those blackies in their place, they've been getting a bit uppity after seeing Obama in office.
/sarcasm

I guess you heard that the Charlottesville racist got convicted on all ten counts. Is that a bump in the road for making America great again? Will that be a nice salty treat for your taste buds, if the Supreme Court overturns the conviction?
Now everyone is catching on. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info