ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
MrCoo1 wrote:

And I guess providing a link to you that proves your understanding to be incorrect was not enough.
Here is the link again: https://www.carbonbrief.org/explainer-what-climate-models-tell-us-about-future-rainfall

I'll just post the conclusion:
[/spoiler]"Changes in average precipitation is much more difficult for climate models to predict than temperature. There are many parts of the world where models disagree whether there will be more or less rain and snow in the future.
Okay, so in short it's difficult AF to figure out how this increased precipitation will be distributed. But can you find any credible models that disagree that overall worldwide precipitation will increase? And if global warming increases worldwide humidity and precipitation overall, and you don't know precisely how it will be distributed, wouldn't it be safer to assume precipitation would increase in a particular area than to assume a decrease?
"
MrCoo1 wrote:
However, there are some regions, particularly the Mediterranean and southern Africa, where nearly all models suggest rainfall will decrease.
Funny, I don't see California mentioned.
"
MrCoo1 wrote:
There is much more agreement by the models that a warming climate will increase the severity of extreme rainfall and snowfall almost everywhere.
You might want to reread that.

"
MrCoo1 wrote:
A warmer world will, they project, also increase soil evaporation and reduce snowpack, exacerbating droughts even in the absence of reduced precipitation."
This is technically correct (the best kind). However, it's a tad misleading in part because water evaporated from earth's surface isn't disintegrated nor banished to the Phantom Zone; increased evaporation means faster cloud formation and a faster rain cycle. This means that even if the amount of non-ice water on the planet remained constant, global warming would increase precipitation by cycling the same water faster. Considering that drought would become significantly shorter and more rare under global warming, drawing undue attention to how its effects would hurt more (that is, exacerbated) is showing only cons and no pros.

A critical point has been missed here I believe. "A warmer world will, they project, also increase soil evaporation and reduce snowpack, exacerbating droughts even in the absence of reduced precipitation"

This says that a drought can be made worse by soil evaporation and reduced snowpack. This is exactly what seems to be happening in California.

Of course the water evaporating from the soil will fall to the ground somewhere as you point out but it's not likely to fall in the area where it evaporated from.

Your "safer to assume precipitation would increase in a particular area than to assume a decrease" seems to miss the point of the model which is to try to figure out where precipitation is increased and where decreased. If you look at the charts in the linked paper, in some models Mexico and parts of California are in a dryer area.

Note that I'm not arguing that scientists in this paper are asserting that the current California drought is caused by climate change. I'm arguing that the paper seems to agree with the theory that the California drought could be exasperated by climate change.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
It's worth noting that trees, having been around for hundreds of millions of years, have survived atmospheric CO2 levels over quadruple current levels in the past.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
It's worth noting that trees, having been around for hundreds of millions of years, have survived atmospheric CO2 levels over quadruple current levels in the past.

I believe there is a bigger picture here people are not seeing, which is i can find hundreds of photos from these California "forest fires" where the houses are burnt to the ground but they are still surrounded by trees that were untouched by the "forest fire". There's also pictures of cars on the free way in California that seemed to magically catch fire in the road while other cars right next to them went untouched. There's also the fact victims of these fires have been saying their houses didn't really catch fire as much as they started melting from the inside out.

I believe there is an explanation that makes way more sense for intelligent folk. And that is direct energy weapons, and you can look that up. The government DOES have them which is easy to find out ( https://dod.defense.gov/News/Article/Article/1472095/senior-dod-official-discusses-future-of-directed-energy-weapons/ )and that's what many people are coming to realize it is being executed to attack US citizens.

Sure call it a conspiracy, but that's not really what it is because there is plenty of facts and evidence supporting this notion.
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

I believe there is a bigger picture here people are not seeing, which is i can find hundreds of photos from these California "forest fires" where the houses are burnt to the ground but they are still surrounded by trees that were untouched by the "forest fire". There's also pictures of cars on the free way in California that seemed to magically catch fire in the road while other cars right next to them went untouched. There's also the fact victims of these fires have been saying their houses didn't really catch fire as much as they started melting from the inside out.

I believe there is an explanation that makes way more sense for intelligent folk. And that is direct energy weapons, and you can look that up. The government DOES have them which is easy to find out ( https://dod.defense.gov/News/Article/Article/1472095/senior-dod-official-discusses-future-of-directed-energy-weapons/ )and that's what many people are coming to realize it is being executed to attack US citizens.

Sure call it a conspiracy, but that's not really what it is because there is plenty of facts and evidence supporting this notion.

you are just the best

you should go on tour

/hug
I dont see any any key!
There is a beach (oceano) I race my sandrail on and bureaucrats shut it down for a snail. A fucking snail. What do you think they do WRT big ass tree? These fucktards wouldnt cut a tree no matter what wise ppl tell them,
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 17, 2018, 8:52:20 PM
the man is top!
"Jeder will gut sein, keiner besser."

Indianische Weisheit

Well not the same species of plants. But I would concur only if we bring back the dinosaurs.

"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Live trees are more resistant to fire due to their water content. Some of the houses and furniture could burn faster, giving you less time to escape. These houses should be labeled potential fire hazards but nobody would want to do that!

Water content DGAF about 900-2000 degrees. Wet tree become fuel very quickly. You need highways wide areas of no trees to stop the burn. Back in the day smart Indians would carve out like 10-20 miles squares so it was limited radius but we are too stupid.

Only fire prevention California does is by accident with highways we build like 405/101/5 etc. otherwise it's reckless policy.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 17, 2018, 9:28:13 PM
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
"
deathflower wrote:
Why don't people listen to experts? Their advice would be expensive and unpopular. I would have never guessed.

A billion upfront to listen to the experts. 16 Billion for not listening to them.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info