Expansion?

"
FCK42 wrote:
For me all of this still feels like they're building up to something. I don't know what that something will be, but I'm excited for it. I mean, think about it:
Ascendancy gave us a power spike, atlas came and we got something to use our new powers on. Then we got fall of oriath and even more power through the pantheon system. Now war for the atlas is about to be released and for me it almost looks like it is leading up to some sort of conflict with some sort of being even more powerful than both elder and shaper.

Or I'm thinking too much and am just overhyped as f*ck for the new expansion and league.

Regarding Pantheon:

How is it supposed to work, if you had to farm boss X´s soul on map Y but the elder took over and now there is a different boss on map Y. Can you still farm the soul or do you have to make sure its the right boss on this specific map?

Or is there is a new pantheon?
Like one for god- and one for elder powers?

I did ignore Pantheon for the most part in Harbinger, but yeah maybe its getting more interesting.
Let's get real here - I would be floored if the Pantheon System is even addressed again. I think it is going to fall by the wayside and be a footnote in less than a year.

Frankly, it was a footnote in the league in which it was introduced. Through 3 characters 81, 91, and 91, I found 4 divine vessels, all on the first character I got to 91. My second 91, my current main, has one single part of her Pantheon completed.

It is a complete non-starter. And the fact that it has not even been tangentially mentioned to date leads me to believe it is behind us all.

As for Shags OP, I am not sure on which side I fall. It does deserve a bit of wait and see. I would like to think it "can't be worse than 3.0" because I continue to be underwhelmed. I will say I am hoping this reaches "expansion" status.
Last edited by Slaanesh69 on Nov 17, 2017, 12:30:51 PM
I see it as a completion of the previous expansion, rather than an expansion on it's own. New areas and encounters should have given us new maps... they didn't. Now they do.

Calling this an expansion gives it an air of independence that I don't feel is warranted. If we called it the continuation of the expansion, I'd be content.

I guess that's my main gripe. It's not that it doesn't do stuff... it's just stuff that I was expecting them to do before.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I see it as a completion of the previous expansion, rather than an expansion on it's own. New areas and encounters should have given us new maps... they didn't. Now they do.

Calling this an expansion gives it an air of independence that I don't feel is warranted. If we called it the continuation of the expansion, I'd be content.

I guess that's my main gripe. It's not that it doesn't do stuff... it's just stuff that I was expecting them to do before.

I can agree to that. I don't think they have to call every version behind the point an expansion. It's fine if it's something like a "large content patch" introduced with a new league. I haven't been playing during many updates, if any aside from legacy, but 2.6 did feel like a lot less had changed. Of course I didn't even consider minor versions to be called expansions then.

On one note I would however like to mention, that even if acts 6-10 used the same / similar / existing tilesets and didn't provide that many new areas, getting this much story content has probably been a lot of work, so I understand they can't just release this at the same time as what they're planning for 3.1. And possibly even more importantly, and I believe that it's one of the main reasons why they timed it this way, they probably wanted people focus on the story first and then on the endgame rather than having one or the other be ignored by pushing everything out at the same time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info