Expansion?

Small good changes and tweaks, but this don't feel like expansion at all.

It's more like good league, not garbage Crapbringer one.

And seriously still no afk / offline trade in almost 2018? This is SO SAD.

What they showed so far seems pretty legit. Actually bigger than 3.0.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Nov 17, 2017, 12:38:22 AM
New skill gems (which means possibly new characters for me to make) + more new map tilesets = I am back.

As much FoO brought a lot to the game, once you got to endgame, it was essentially the same as in 2.6. The only difference was that map bosses got more annoying for me and I straight up took a major break.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

There are:

• new map bases
• new unique maps
• new atlas
• new atlas strategy layer
• new endgame boss
• new map bosses
• new map boss scaling
• new skill gems
• new support gems
• new unique items
• new rare item affixes
• new itemization system
• new league/league mechanics

Outside of trade (which is kinda-sorta-progressing) it addressed most of the lacking points of FoO, which is exactly what it should do.

While I'm mildly disappointed with the focus on corpse-consumption mechanics, and would like to see more spells, more methods of addressing issues with melee namelock, and more varied bow abilities, the support gems are VERY much on the right track.

Focusing support gems back onto mechanical/attack pattern changes rather than just for the purposes of scaling DPS is exactly what this game needs.

If they had revamped reflect (which remains to be seen) and put in a gem that turned namelock abilities into move-while-attacking abilities they'd have ticked off almost every problem with the game that I have right now.

They even nerfed vaal pact!

So yes, "more of the same" excessively awesome free content that puts other developers to shame, and addresses specific areas that need addressing. Ho hum.
I feel it overall goes down the D3 way - flashy, but shallow. War for the atlas, Revenge of the Shaper, Atziri strikes again, etc, etc, etc.
Last edited by tm10067 on Nov 17, 2017, 1:08:45 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Not much I see today would make me call this an expansion. New maps... I guess. But no. That's just more of the same.

What justifies calling this an expansion?

GGG is expanding their elder tentacles into everyones wallet
"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
I'm just sad, because I don't see on new atlas apex of sacrifice, alluring abyss, pale court, lord's labyrinths, breachlords' domains and beachhead (although since harbinger is not exactly in core game I wasn't really hoping for beachhead)...
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
It's not expanding.

Yes it is.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
The itemisation along with atlas changes essentially making a second layer of the atlas map, 36 maps and new gems.

Its the obvious expansion of the endgame and the new entity in it, would say it's atlas 2.0.Worth of an expansion.
Bye bye desync!
All of this sounds good to me.
(SSF player) Just hope there's a buff on maps drops, i have a wall around T12, which rarely drops, and i think i just saw 1 or 2 T13. I'm far from even viewing the shaper guardians, not talking about shaper itself, so i fear i will never ever see the Elder either.
Divine Vessel drop rate also needs a buff, i still haven't drop one :/

The new affixes are crazy, these changes on items affixes seems by far a bigger change than the changes on atlas, which seems huge itself.
Can't wait to read the full details :)
SSF for ever :)
Last edited by LoloTwingo on Nov 17, 2017, 2:52:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info