Change to Vaal Pact discussion

10 Mil DPS? Just give me a Doomfletch Prism LuL

As with all Changes people will bitch about it, then they will play the game and wait for the next change to bitch about. Its the Usual Circle and i see some names that said after the CoC Nerf "WAAAAAH I WILL NEVER PLAY THIS SHIT GAME AGAIN ALL MY BUILDS ARE DEAD" guess what? These bitches still Play :)

I welcome the Changes. They keep the game fresh. And VP was an Issue.. if even the Majority of Big Streamers (HC and SC Streamers) say that it is a Problem.. it actually is a Problem ;)
"
Yogoff wrote:
10 Mil DPS? Just give me a Doomfletch Prism LuL

As with all Changes people will bitch about it, then they will play the game and wait for the next change to bitch about. Its the Usual Circle and i see some names that said after the CoC Nerf "WAAAAAH I WILL NEVER PLAY THIS SHIT GAME AGAIN ALL MY BUILDS ARE DEAD" guess what? These bitches still Play :)

I welcome the Changes. They keep the game fresh. And VP was an Issue.. if even the Majority of Big Streamers (HC and SC Streamers) say that it is a Problem.. it actually is a Problem ;)

Ok it is a problem (even though it was necessary evil, they should've balanced the rest of the game first and i really hope they did). But the way they solved it even the bigger problem.
"
toyotatundra wrote:
Evasion is nice for QotF, cant deny. Armor.. come on. Do you take armor on your builds? Yeah, me neither. No one does.

there are other, even better, evasion chests than QoTF. thats only over played because of its movement speed bonus.
yes i do take armor on some builds. armor gives phys dmg reduction, which you should absolutely stack if you have no damage avoidance.
i don't make many armor builds tho because i've always been about damage avoidance. why would i want to take reduced damage when i could just not get hit to begin with?

tho i stopped playing turmoil, i had my gladiator upwards of 90% phys dmg reduction with flasks active. that was without fortify too.
Unless they reworked monster damage and a lot of other things too I don't see this as a good change at all.
It's just going to kill a lot of builds.
"
ipbtaliz wrote:
Unless they reworked monster damage and a lot of other things too I don't see this as a good change at all.
It's just going to kill a lot of builds.

These "builds" deserve to die to be honest. In my book a good PoE build has to balance defense and offense to be successful. What we have currently is offensive being your defense. You only need enough HP to survive a 1-shot and VP to leech up. That's not a good design.

I'll just go back to my roots. It worked back then and there is no reason why it shouldn't work now. There are so many other defensive options to use. People always complain that armor is not useful or evasion is not useful. Or block / dodge is not useful. But they are. On top of that we have numerous gems, uniques, mechanics that further mitigate damage taken. People will see that once they have to put in some more though to their defense besides just "damage + VP".
great change. hope slayer gets altered too
"
Frankenberry wrote:
These "builds" deserve to die to be honest. In my book a good PoE build has to balance defense and offense to be successful. What we have currently is offensive being your defense. You only need enough HP to survive a 1-shot and VP to leech up. That's not a good design.

Sounds fair, but unltil i see a softcore bow ranger build that doesn't use instant leech and is still competitive with sabo/necro/totem builds it's nothing but words and the fact is that build diversity f*kd with this change.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info