[3.8] For Scion - Bloody Explosive Cyclone With Disfavour + Haemophilia (Not a Vaal Pact Build)

"
fireking wrote:
What do you think about taking Devotion instead of Tireless? It is the same amount of points for same amount of life but Devotion has %3 aura effect and +20 strenght instead of %15 reduced mana cost(I don't know if it is important).

Tireless is great while you are leveling your character and it is along the path. As your damage and character level goes up, you can definitely drop Tireless and switch to Devotion.

That is a very good call over there. Thanks! :)
What do you think about using The Retch on this build?
Last edited by Reyhann on Jan 17, 2018, 4:24:40 PM
"
fireking wrote:
What do you think about using The Retch on this build?

Never gotten my hands on Retch before so I don't know how this belt will fare with the build.

But given how good Elder Stygian belt can roll, that will probably be a better choice.
is going ascendant better than going pure slayer and not getting all the juicy slayer benefits like cull?
plus not having damage on full life gem is a lot of damage left out
"
liekmudkips wrote:
is going ascendant better than going pure slayer and not getting all the juicy slayer benefits like cull?

Back then before I made this guide, I have never played any physical Cyclone build before.

As I don't see any physical Cyclone guide in the Scion forum (there are a few good one in Slayer forum), I decided to make one for her.

And yes, Scion is the first class that I used for playing physical Cyclone.

In terms of damage, Slayer's 20% culling strike is definitely better than the 10% culling strike that this build relies on from Ancestral totem.

But if you look at the gears that I have used to kill Shaper, you will see that the only expensive item I have for this build is just the 6L Disfavour axe.

If based on POB stats, using the same gear, Scion Cyclone damage will be higher as compared to Slayer but Slayer has 20% culling strike.

"
liekmudkips wrote:
plus not having damage on full life gem is a lot of damage left out

Yes. Damage on Full life definitely add a lot of damage to the build and you can replace Maim with that.
Also regarding Fortify there are Elder belts now that give Fortify (~10% chance) on Melee stun. I read in other guides that this will give you almost 100% Fortify uptime with Cyclone (haven't tested myself).
A decent one with life and resists on it was roughly around the 1 Ex mark tonight.
"
Hoggemeister wrote:
Also regarding Fortify there are Elder belts now that give Fortify (~10% chance) on Melee stun. I read in other guides that this will give you almost 100% Fortify uptime with Cyclone (haven't tested myself).
A decent one with life and resists on it was roughly around the 1 Ex mark tonight.

Thank you for highlighting Elder belt.

Yes, with just 10% chance, it will still provide almost 100% uptime (except on end game bosses) which will provide a smoother mapping experience.

Stygian elder belt with fortify on melee stun + Increased % maximum life + flat life will be BIS.
Why no path of building link?
"
SlashGiefs wrote:
Why no path of building link?

This is an old patch 3.0 pastebin that you can reference: https://pastebin.com/vn6itEZy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info