Try out our new Trade Site!

"
OdinTheMighty wrote:
more then 90% of us want this in game feature with option not to leave map for trading.

...what will never happen, at least for the same reason why map portals are LIMITED. The players SHALL NOT trade and sell stuff with no effort while playing along. This game is AT LEAST still a little bit about decisions...

For all the other complainers with 'we dont need a copy of poe.trade', 'we need it integrated into the game client'...

THIS beta implementation is the FIRST step to integrate a search engine into the client - and such a search engine from GGG is the ONLY way to ever get it integrated.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Risk and reward @fadeXF this is why many streamers dont bother with low trades. If you want to build currency that way then you need to take time to do so. There is nothing wrong with this system it is way more than most games offer. Not only that but it will cause so many issues with price cutting when you are automating sales.

If it is not fun and is annoying simply dont do it, most of the time those low currency sells are not worth the time it takes to begin with so that is on you for doing so. And if you value the trade for that amount of currency then do it. If you are in Lab then you shouldnt be worried about trading low currency items which will most likely sell anyways later or the person can just wait and do other things.

If its a map, same thing. There are a lot of ways to trade extremely fast, should take a mere 5 seconds or less to even find the item so the entire trade might take 10 full seconds. To think that you need this to be automated is just too much.
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
OdinTheMighty wrote:
more then 90% of us want this in game feature with option not to leave map for trading.

...what will never happen, at least for the same reason why map portals are LIMITED. The players SHALL NOT trade and sell stuff with no effort while playing along. This game is AT LEAST still a little bit about decisions...

guess you didnt read my post, because if you did, you would notice that i also mentioned lab runs that are often done by a lot of players, some people doing only lab runs. tell me will you leave lab run for a guy that wants item for about 50c or less? or you will gamble/hope that he will wait for you, and in those 3 4 5 6 10 15 minutes of a run, he doesent buy another item instead of yours? then if he doesent buy it like i mentioned in my previous post or he goes offline or hes afk and you dont have time for waiting on him. your item will be on sale for weeks until someone else notices it. or you will drop the price by half just to sell that item bcs its wasting your space in stash and you are losing currency. what will you do, thats only decision you have to make. this game is 70% farm 20% trying to trade and 10% communication with other people. tell me that those arent the facts xD
how many times did you got message from a guy/girl that wants to buy item from you, you leave the map that has perfect rolls, you wait in your hideout after inviting him/her to party and he doesent show up, or leaves the game or says doesent matter i found another item?
@vortex315 Or, you could look at it this way: If it takes, as you say, so little time to do it anyway, then where's the harm in a more automated system?
"
muzein wrote:

"
Today we have launched a beta version of pathofexile.com/trade

looks like you're wrong.

We have poetrade, and if it ever goes down, then what? The entire trade function currently depends on 1 website. Adding alternatives ensures that if poe.trade ever goes down, it doesn't take the entire trade function of the game with it.

Intergrading poe.trade into the game requires GGG to implement their own... which is what this site will ultimately lead to. So again, why be upset to FINALLY see GGG working on their own propitiatory solution to this?

I'm not saying that what you ask for isn't going to take time, but it IS going to require these first steps. And now we finally have these first steps from GGG.

OH thats cute, you think this is a first step, lol. Its a beta of their only step. They have had years to work on this, and promised as such years ago. Not to mention if it was implemented in game like it should have been, then there would be 0 need for this new site, not that it would have taken much effort to make this site, but that just goes to show how much effort they were willing to put to this. The only way this becomes a so called first step, is if they see the overwhelming dissatisfaction of their playerbase. Though they will probably only see the few prasies and believe they did a good thing, rofl.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
OdinTheMighty wrote:

For all the other complainers with 'we dont need a copy of poe.trade', 'we need it integrated into the game client'...

THIS beta implementation is the FIRST step to integrate a search engine into the client - and such a search engine from GGG is the ONLY way to ever get it integrated.

Where is it stated that this is only a first step to integrating this into the game?
IGN:Axe_Crazy
Hmm... Not April 1st. PoE announces in-house trade site.

WAT
is there a way to search for item bases?
I want to search for ruby flasks, but it only says to search for item type
This is a nice initial step in the right direction. I'd really like to see GGG implement an auction house style trade system where players don't have to meet in game, in favor of instant buyouts and automated transactions. No need to waste time, map portals and so on...
But I do think it's cool GGG figured out how to use it's own API.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info