Trade Manifesto

1. Trade needs a rework. That's a fact, no discussion here.

2. What we need:
- stop price fixing (offers should be binding) - current trade system simply promotes all kind of unfair behaviour, only multiplying our frustration :(
- BUYING process should be fair and integrated with game interface and story - we don't want to make PoE a stock exchange, so full automation is not what's necessary, however having i.e. an Caravan Master in HO requiring "something" to do for him to bring us the item we bought could be nice (ie. you confirm purchase from another player, then do a mission for Caravan Master so he can bring you the item)
- SELLING process should be demanding but fair too - you want to earn money from players, that's obvious, so why not to make yet another stash tab or HO thing?

3. Ideas:
- a Caravan Master taking stuff from you to sell it - for a fee he sends a caravan with your items to "city", caravan may need some time to reach the "city" or get back to you if you want items back (so you cant just manipulate prices 10x per day)
- a new HO type - a shop (obtained story-wise) other people can visit! For real money you can buy skins for it, decorations and useful stuff like more cabinets to list more offers! This is a superb chance for GGG to simply monetize trading.
- a trade stash tab - a tab that lists items for sale, everyone can browse it (preferably in-game?) and buy listed items without spamming PMs or being afraid of price fixing. People will be buying more and more trade tabs - profit for both GGG and players.

4. We need a damn dialogue with you, GGG! We want to talk about issues with the game and trade is one of the biggest issues! We want you to hear us and respond - not just copy-paste a manifesto, telling us to shut up because you know better... :<
@Telvas I LOVE the ideas here - a Caravan that transports items into town to sell for you sounds cool, and I really like the idea of a shopkeeper available in your hideout that can sell things for you. The caravans could all be lined up in some trade-specific world area, something like a Rogue Harbor or perhaps a new portal off of Lioneye's Watch or something. For the Hideout Trader, I could list things for sale and not have to jump out of my map to manually trade with someone, especially for things that are inexpensive.
I also want to trade in terms of clothing and make a store like cool revenge hoodies and I also want to spread it all over the world.
Last edited by daani87 on Jan 11, 2022, 2:13:08 PM
guyz that manifesto is about 4-5 years old 😂😂😂😂

Nothing will change
Trade is utter garbage as it was and it is now. Probably because code-base is too hard for their developers and they will break a leg if they add a new window.

Or they don't have experience in trading and simply fear "distributed transaction" term and cost of the trading system (which obviously will grow into stock and will be automated with 3rd party botting/API).

You want to make trading hard? Make an entry fee for lot. If someone wants to sell something for 1ex, take an equivalent fee for posting this lot and lock it for month. God there is entire world of trading behind your window which has evolved in past 100 years, just learn how it works and make something to this problem already.
Last edited by eocron on Dec 31, 2021, 6:54:33 AM
"
lippy7 wrote:
Just remove trade and make drops good.
Right now the game is just not rewarding and demand too much time to trade.

Agreed. These traders made our drop shitty because GGG take into consideration overall flow of the items to the player not just from the ground.
"
eocron wrote:
because code-base is too hard for their developers and they will break a leg if they add a new window.

Nope. It is intentional. It is called "Chris Willson vision" (means delusional ideas).

Auction House = botters abusing the trade even more, allowing them not to sell items for the average price because of delay and sure zero drop on the ground. No thanks.

It is not fucking trade sim, learn to play noobs.
Last edited by cursorTarget on Jan 19, 2022, 7:12:38 AM
this game no need AH

this game needs LOOT 2.0 and CRAFT 2.0 system

everyone using filters to hide 99.9% items on the ground
%85 playes avoiding CRAFTING bcoz u need alot of infesting currency to make ONE [ 1 ] ITEM

i've seen players that are far worse than bots in trade. bots do not price change, they do not become hostile and insulting when you refuse to accept the changed price. bots do not have items listed for showcase purposes that will never actually sell. bots also do not cause your screen to freeze or game to crash from all the mtx bloat that some players have.

so there is some actual good that bots bring to trade.

i still think that the entire trade system needs a reset. countless items listed 2 years ago. when i whisper a player and get ignored, or see the price changed on trade site for the same item, i tend to whisper them till they go dnd or at least answer me and tell me something. but no, most just tend to ignore. even when i'm really busy, i will at least let them know something. this is where an automated system needs to be put into place and that will remove most of the toxicity from the trade system.

automated does not mean AH. just automate the transaction/sale part and notify the player that an item sold for whatever the price was. if they sold it for less than they wanted, then maybe they will go in and adjust their prices instead of price changing or ignoring players.

also get rid of the stupid partial currency pricing. people that list items for 1.3ex... just list it for 1 or 2 or switch to another type of currency cause that is stupid as hell to even have that in the trade system.
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
"
Telvas wrote:
1. Trade needs a rework. That's a fact, no discussion here.

2. What we need:
- stop price fixing (offers should be binding) - current trade system simply promotes all kind of unfair behaviour, only multiplying our frustration :(
- BUYING process should be fair and integrated with game interface and story - we don't want to make PoE a stock exchange, so full automation is not what's necessary, however having i.e. an Caravan Master in HO requiring "something" to do for him to bring us the item we bought could be nice (ie. you confirm purchase from another player, then do a mission for Caravan Master so he can bring you the item)
- SELLING process should be demanding but fair too - you want to earn money from players, that's obvious, so why not to make yet another stash tab or HO thing?

3. Ideas:
- a Caravan Master taking stuff from you to sell it - for a fee he sends a caravan with your items to "city", caravan may need some time to reach the "city" or get back to you if you want items back (so you cant just manipulate prices 10x per day)
- a new HO type - a shop (obtained story-wise) other people can visit! For real money you can buy skins for it, decorations and useful stuff like more cabinets to list more offers! This is a superb chance for GGG to simply monetize trading.
- a trade stash tab - a tab that lists items for sale, everyone can browse it (preferably in-game?) and buy listed items without spamming PMs or being afraid of price fixing. People will be buying more and more trade tabs - profit for both GGG and players.

4. We need a damn dialogue with you, GGG! We want to talk about issues with the game and trade is one of the biggest issues! We want you to hear us and respond - not just copy-paste a manifesto, telling us to shut up because you know better... :<

It is NOT trade sim. We do not need it. It is action.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info