Trade Manifesto

"
v1nce85 wrote:
did anybody think what an auction house means to trading, all the farmbots and ingame traders would directly buy all cheap stuff and then completely control the market, now you still got a chance to get a cheap item, if they are not quick enough to rebuy all items, which some of them do all day. lol an auction house would completely ruin the whole trade system. we have seen it in world of warcraft. i was doing the same to get money there in earlier times.
omg ggg please never do an auction house, its the end of trading and would change the game dramatically with a key feature that has made this game so awesome. believe me!

my idea is to make trading for level 70 characters just available and so block off multi accounters and trade bots, which are most annoying thing for trade in this game!

The only things an auction house would change its the fact that you dont need to send pm. And if GGG really put a little bit of an effort in it the "trading bot problem" would be out of the way. Taking exemple of what append in other game its stupid because I could tell you about other games, like Albion Online where it is the community that manages the trade as on PoE and yet you have an auction house and it goes well.
the guys using trading bot are just dont want to waste time pm 100+ ppl for just some currency trades

GGG dont want to fix this problem

its a waste of time whisper 20-30 ppl to change a single exalted orb for chaos

its the same problem the 1990 loot system have

i dont want to play maps where every group of monsters drop x currency of same type and then i need to klick every single one...

its extreme fun killing if u play a juice map in 5-10 minutes and then need to loot 20-30 minutes for a total worth of 2-3 chaos

Last edited by vollekanne on Oct 8, 2021, 3:41:03 AM
The problem has nothing to do with the points Chris mentioned in his post. The reason, I suspect, is that it would take a lot of time and money to create a good trading system and rebalance the game to accommodate it.

Right now the way that GGG makes money is by selling tabs and MTX. Tabs are necessary because it's so time consuming to get rid of your items. It is literally in GGGs best interest for players to keep collecting items they can't get rid of so as they might buy more tabs. And you might say that they can vendor them but a lot of those items have value and you feel bad vendoring them for some alt shards so you hoard them, hoping one day you might sell them. It is human nature.

The second way that GGG makes money is by selling MTX. MTX are mostly purchased by the hardcore 10% he mentioned that already use the trading system as is because this is their "job".

Both of these reasons actively deter GGG from making trade easy. The "Core" gamers that buy MTX will keep playing regardless of fixing the trade system so it's a waste of money to fix it for them. And the possible side effect of selling fewer tabs actively makes them less money for the added expense of working on the trade system.

I know this sounds cynical but it is really the only thing that makes sense as it is a no-brainer that the trade is awful but a thread was opened to post nonsense reasons why it isn't. Don't get it twisted, GGG makes a lot of money on this game and doesn't spend any of it to fix many of its most glaring issues. I don't think that GGG is an actively malicious company but I know that they don't want to make less money.

Basically, if you really want ggg to fix trade a large enough number of people need to stop giving them money. everyone stop buying shit from them and they will notice and fix things to get their revenue streams back.
Last edited by SunBlind on Oct 10, 2021, 8:46:21 PM
"
vollekanne wrote:
the guys using trading bot are just dont want to waste time pm 100+ ppl for just some currency trades

GGG dont want to fix this problem

its a waste of time whisper 20-30 ppl to change a single exalted orb for chaos

its the same problem the 1990 loot system have

i dont want to play maps where every group of monsters drop x currency of same type and then i need to klick every single one...

its extreme fun killing if u play a juice map in 5-10 minutes and then need to loot 20-30 minutes for a total worth of 2-3 chaos

Sounds like you don't use a filter properly and pick up things that aren't worth picking up. If you can full juice 16's, you should only be picking up raw currency or nice bases. The issue is with you, not the game.
Last edited by loudpinks2000 on Oct 18, 2021, 11:04:31 PM
I'd love to hear what they think about TFT and POENINJA more and more dominating trade.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
"
Knowing that a monster could drop something that improves your character is a great motivator for playing one more level!

Yaaasssss all the treasures drop from monsters YAAAASSSSSSSS!! Definitely having a blast equipping Scourge monsters loots, EZ GAME
Just remove trade and make drops good.
Right now the game is just not rewarding and demand too much time to trade.
An AH would absolutely destroy the game, but we need a way to interact with each-other faster and more conveniently.
Everyone is tired of doing a trillion trades and going through endless loading screens to get their scarabs.

I mean is it really too much to ask? We love the game, we spend money on it and that is the one part that pretty much 99% of the players hate. It’s so bad. I need like 3 programs running in the background to get price info, reply to trades. Not even counting how many webpages you need to have open to even understand what’s going on with the game at all.

It’s a really really off-putting thought to new players.
I tried to get my friend to start playing, because despite the negativity it’s still amazing, but i could literally see the excitement leave from his eyes when I tried to explain trading to him.

As an outsider it seemed so archaic to him that he wouldn’t even consider installing, even though I’m sure he’d a 100% enjoy the game.
yep, trade sucks. but the worst part is people that list for 1 price and then tell you that it's a different price when you get to their HO finally and then they seem offended when you decline to buy with the new price. if you list it for a price, damn well sell it for that price or remove the listing.
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
in 3.17 GGG will just add harvest again back to seeds? oh god again? nice trade improvement...
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info