[3.0] EK Nova Assassin - 3.1 Tree Updated

"

What are the hp/es/evasion threshold for doing low tier maps (1-5), if you guys happen to know? I am planning to do the Merciless Lab to finish ascendancy and see if any loots drop, but I will be doing the low tier maps after. Also, is 19k damage enough for them? I'll share my gear after my lab, so you guys can let me know which part would benefit the most from an upgrade.

Mapping in tiers 1-5 will feel most comfortable with at least 3k HP. Merciless only requires 3k-4k hp depending on your playstyle. 19k tooltip is enough for lab and low tier maps. Your spell will scale with levels.
"
"
I only plan to use it for leveling since it is pretty shitty for end game but it is extremely cheap for a Power Charge generator since basically all other items/jewels that generate Power Charges are usually expensive.

The reason why Power Charge on Crit is important is so you can sustain charges during boss fights. If you're okay with missing out on that, then any Power Charge on Kill item can replace that gem.

That's why I said for leveling, which it works fine for leveling. Now that I am finally close to finishing Act 10 I have already switched to Power Charge on Crit, granted I did what I said in a previous post and have it linked to Molten Shell at the moment rather than EK.

"
"
I only plan to use it for leveling since it is pretty shitty for end game but it is extremely cheap for a Power Charge generator since basically all other items/jewels that generate Power Charges are usually expensive.

The reason why Power Charge on Crit is important is so you can sustain charges during boss fights. If you're okay with missing out on that, then any Power Charge on Kill item can replace that gem.

GueRakun, if you feel your damage is low one thing you can do to up your damage by a massive amount if to purchase a level 19 or 20 EK with a high amount of Quality on it*. I was able to purchase a Level 19 EK with 20% quality for 2 or 3 chaos, its corrupted but that's fine for now. And then also look into buying higher levels of your other support gems for EK but make sure they have some amount of quality on them. I purchased Quality gems(%) yesterday for most of my gems yesterday and went from around 20k dps to over 40k dps with just cheap quality gems(since high, 18+% quality gems usually cost a lot more)."

* - Levels with spells(like Ethereal Knives) are massive when compared to levels with attack skills. Attack skills rely on your weapon where as Spell skills rely more on their actual levels. That's why buying a higher level EK will up your damage a lot(and they should be cheap still).

And to say something against my first post in this thread about worrying about sustaining life and survivability and what not... Well... Warlord's Mark is turning out to be more than plenty for both Mana and Life. I haven't started maps yet but I am able to keep all my flasks up and my Vaal Auras while zooming around with Whirling Blades... And getting

Makes a big difference, especially if you can afford the enchantment... The enchantment actually adds a huge amount of damage, it added like 5K dps when I got it.

And as for a reference for what I've been talking about in this post my stats are:
Current Level is 72
Life - 3656
Mana - 882 (132 after reservations)

DPS - 47391.58(with aura and golem) I have all the flasks the author recommends so I can get close to 100k with vaal haste and flask and my belt(17% increased damage if I've killed recently).
Crit Chance - 31.02%
Crit Multi - 470%

Evasion - 2757 (30% at lvl 72) I have all the Acrobat stuff so another 40% dodge for attacks and 30% dodge for spells.

Mana per Second - 40.3 I feel this is an important stat to note because of how much mana we have reserved and how much EK costs per use...

Power Charges - 3 (Still haven't gotten any extra Power Charges yet)
Not capped on resistances yet either
Yeah, the EK spell gem is probably what I'm going to look at next. I was busy getting a 6 link and upgrading all my stuff with around 2 exalt that I have plus a couple chaos orbs. How can I share my gear and path at the moment? I am 71 almost 72, have beaten merciless lab but I just went through and didn't fight the dog and didn't care about getting more keys, I only got 2 and got nothing but the ascendancy is really important.

My EK is at 30,004 and 6 linked (level 17 0% quality). My stats are:
HP 3870 and 274 ES. Armour at 481 and all resistance capped (Fire at 72%). I beat the Lab at 69 and with old gear, it was very tough. Now after making a huge leap on gear I feel fine at going through the maps (at T2 atm).

My char: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/GueRakun/characters

Got lucky with some of the trades but probably overpaid for the chest. Can you guys tell me what I should do next with the chest, I see only 4 mods there with 1 crafted.

I also improvised with
CWDT(1) - Molten Shell(10) - Life Leech - Projectile Weakness
CWDT - Immortal Call - Increased Duration Support - Enfeeble

as I don't have Vaal Haste yet.

PS: Just realized I haven't took the keystone for the Acrobatics lol.
Last edited by GueRakun on Dec 29, 2017, 3:16:24 AM
Hi, I would like to know if this is a good shield for this build, if yes do you have an idea of the price ? Thank you gl & hf.

At least 1 prefix left
"
Laceon wrote:
Hi, I would like to know if this is a good shield for this build, if yes do you have an idea of the price ? Thank you gl & hf.

At least 1 prefix left

If you feel like you really need a shield I would say to make sure you get a Spell Damage and Global Crit Multiplier affixes. And obviously life as well... Those are the 3 things you should be sure to get but if you are following the authors guide you really should be fine with dual welding daggers. I was questioning the survivability of the guide too originally, when I was still leveling but now that I am at the End Game I am realizing that with Warlord's Mark, Vinktars, and Atziri's Promise is all way more than enough Life Leech for surviving. And like the author says, Life Leech on Molten Shell is just a little bit extra since...lets me honest... that's not really gonna add much to the life we're leeching.

Maybe if there was an Evasion shield with Spell Damage as the implicit(or crit dmg/chance) then using a shield would probably be the better thing to use over 2 daggers but sadly they don't create a shield like that.

"
GueRakun wrote:
Yeah, the EK spell gem is probably what I'm going to look at next. I was busy getting a 6 link and upgrading all my stuff with around 2 exalt that I have plus a couple chaos orbs. How can I share my gear and path at the moment? I am 71 almost 72, have beaten merciless lab but I just went through and didn't fight the dog and didn't care about getting more keys, I only got 2 and got nothing but the ascendancy is really important.

My EK is at 30,004 and 6 linked (level 17 0% quality). My stats are:
HP 3870 and 274 ES. Armour at 481 and all resistance capped (Fire at 72%). I beat the Lab at 69 and with old gear, it was very tough. Now after making a huge leap on gear I feel fine at going through the maps (at T2 atm).

My char: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/GueRakun/characters

Got lucky with some of the trades but probably overpaid for the chest. Can you guys tell me what I should do next with the chest, I see only 4 mods there with 1 crafted.

I also improvised with
CWDT(1) - Molten Shell(10) - Life Leech - Projectile Weakness
CWDT - Immortal Call - Increased Duration Support - Enfeeble

as I don't have Vaal Haste yet.

PS: Just realized I haven't took the keystone for the Acrobatics lol.

As for Lab... to be honest most people ignore everything in the lab except for the 3 bosses you have to fight(well the same boss 3 times). Definitely don't bother opening up the Mysterious Darkshrines because they can give something positive but they're more likely to give you something negative to make the Lab even harder than it already was.

As for linking gear on the forums. First, you should already have the 'Post Reply' page open. Second you click your character name on the top left of the webpage. It will create an overlay on the web page which shows you your character, character inventory, and you can even view your stash as well. It will have all the characters on your account on the left side of the overlay incase that wasn't the character you were wanting to view. And then just simply click on the item and it will create the necessary BBCode(forum code like the code used for creating URL Links). And then you have the item linked in your post. Click preview to make sure it worked in case you don't think it worked.

Honestly, with the chest you got. It seems pretty decent for a starting 6L. So maybe not worry about the chest at the moment and start getting your other pieces of gear up to par. Your Coral Ring, Gloves, Abyss Jewel in your Belt, and Boots can all be upgraded in terms of Life. As in buying gear with higher life and whatever needed Resistance. If you can, try to get dmg on the ring but generally rings with dmg start to become expensive because they have life, res and dmg... so they can get really pricey. Also try to make sure you get Movement Speed on your boots... You should always try to make sure there is Movement Speed on your boots no matter what class/build/guide you are doing.

Changing your Helm to the helm I linked last post is also something you should work on, especially having the '40% Increased Ethereal Knives Damage'. That enchant can make it more expensive, I was lucky to get it for 24c but even with the enchant it doesn't become super expensive(usually about 35-50c).

And now for some Curse's 101 talking... Remember(well maybe, maybe you just don't know), Unless you have an item or Keystone that specifically says you can have more than 1 curse on an enemy at the same time... it is impossible to have more than 1 otherwise. So having Enfeeble and Projectile Weakness literally become worthless because they're gonna get overwritten by your Warlord's Mark Aura. Which you need Warlord's Mark more than any other curse because of the Life and Mana Leech.

Side note... Looked at your Flasks too, definitely go get yourself a Vinktars flask, the one that adds damage to spells (FYI, there are 4 different Vinktar Flasks which makes it annoying when looking them up to buy on POE Trade)

P.S. Look into AutoHotKey. A lot of people use it in this game so they can cast all there utility flasks at the same time and not have to press each one individually. Makes for easier gameplay.
"
arokace wrote:

And now for some Curse's 101 talking... Remember(well maybe, maybe you just don't know), Unless you have an item or Keystone that specifically says you can have more than 1 curse on an enemy at the same time... it is impossible to have more than 1 otherwise. So having Enfeeble and Projectile Weakness literally become worthless because they're gonna get overwritten by your Warlord's Mark Aura. Which you need Warlord's Mark more than any other curse because of the Life and Mana Leech.

Holy moly, if this is indeed how the game works I've been using that for some time lol. Thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks for the flask tips, I'll be looking at them now.
"
GueRakun wrote:
"
arokace wrote:
And now for some Curse's 101 talking...

Holy moly, if this is indeed how the game works I've been using that for some time lol. Thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks for the flask tips, I'll be looking at them now.

LMFAO, this is indeed how the game works... :P. Thought I mentioned this in one of my first replies to you but guess not. But yea, not even aura version of curses(as in Blasphemy) can let you bypass whatever your maximum allowed number of curses per target. So unless you have 'Whispers of Doom'(A Notable passive point in the witch section on the outer edge, right next to Minion Instability) or an item/jewel that gives +1 to number of curses("Enemies can have 1 additional Curse" as worded with the 'Whispers of Doom' notable) you are only allowed one curse no matter how the curse gets applied to the target. And there are lots of ways to increase these curse numbers.

Usually the people that actually get the increased number of curses are used with some specific builds that usually focus on the curses to gain the benefit when you have multiple curses. And I am sure you can see why/how there are benefits for having multiple curses on a single target or else you wouldn't have been bothering.

If you haven't I'd recommend going through the Help Panel in game. Not sure if it talks about the curse thing I mentioned but from skimming it I have noticed that it does actually do a good job at covering a lot of essential ideas and theories and how the game works/runs/etc... If it was there when I first picked the game up way back in beta it probably would have made a world of difference with understand and playing this game.

P.S. I doubt this will happen ever but I just thought of this idea and I love it... I hope one day they allow us to customize our own curses. In a sense similar to how gear works but the prefixes and suffixes would be based on(or completely copied) from all the curses in the game currently.
Curious, did the author delete his account or something? Anytime I try to view his profile now it says,
"Not Found
Profile Not Found"
And I am pretty certain it says something else when someone makes their profile private... So just kind of weird.

I have a theory though, he giant drug ring finally got compromised so he had to delete any and all accounts that are directly related to himself right before he went on the run. But... that's just a theory though.
Yea too bad he never puts in his 2 cents anymore. Nowadays I run with

Orb - Power Charge on Crit - Arcane Surge

Also PoB said that instead of Faster Casting, Added Fire Damage is better for DPS so I put that in

EK - Spell Echo - Cont Dest - Inc Crit - Pierce - Added Fire Damage

and the Arcane Surge is low level enough that each orb makes me proc the effect. It's pretty good, been having a blast doing up to Tier 7 and no probs with bosses. I think it's time to push to clear all map and try to fight the big boys. How much do you think I should aim HP wise before pushing for Guardian/Elder/Atziri?

Here's my pastebin : https://pastebin.com/vRS3LLWs

I have some gear to catch up still but that's part of the fun as well.
Last edited by GueRakun on Jan 2, 2018, 10:35:02 AM
I'm still here. I just changed my username lol.

Spoiler
Also PoB said that instead of Faster Casting, Added Fire Damage is better for DPS so I put that in

EK - Spell Echo - Cont Dest - Inc Crit - Pierce - Added Fire Damage

Does POB say this is better DPS for single target fights? Cuz I always pick DPS gems based on the shaper tag. For wave clear though, added fire is definitely better but wave clearing trash mobs doesn't require much anyways.

"
How much do you think I should aim HP wise before pushing for Guardian/Elder/Atziri?

I killed Hydra with this build at around 5.5k HP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info