[3.0] EK Nova Assassin - 3.1 Tree Updated

"
What jewels should I use for this build?

1x Ring of Blades Threshold jewel.

For other jewel sockets, prioritize stats in this order:
1) Spell crit multi
2) Life %/Flat life
3) Physical damage/Physical dmg to spells/spell damage/ele dmg to spells
4) Cast speed/Atk speed (atk speed for whirling blades and cast speed for EK)
"
This is a good starting point for early on: https://poeplanner.com/AAsAAHcACxYBADiw2KLZyBT1b2qMFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC13yD6ski8M6m7WExSLqMgGyGc96Yet6Uw5IEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_66_XDCbmT8h1_xqKjD8Q7fLjKkye-iqEvL50W8yY86NYyMhCS2Ya8byM2UxAXsEqLAAAAAAA=

Later on towards mid game: https://poeplanner.com/AAsAAM8ACxYBAGSw2KLZyBT1b2qMFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC13yD6ski8M6m7WExSLqMgGyGc96Yet6Uw5IEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_66_XDCbmT8h1_xqKjD8Q7fLjKkye-iqEvL50W8yY86NZsCyL0bRkI9GpDvOosnAVCQZbQ9a6zTLPQH-_rBbWNv9QjMHHdqEt4OkJRR-dUJP3_3jfU7T8wfI19I_ZNkhEtfIPr7prgRZ1TUhzcjxoy0UVHwGYEs6IAMjIQktmGvG8jNlMQF7BKiwAAAAAA

End Game ish: https://poeplanner.com/AAsAAPcACxYBAHiw2KLZyBT1b2qMFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC13yD6ski8M6m7WExSLqMgGyGc96Yet6Uw5IEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_66_XDCbmT8h1_xqKjD8Q7fLjKkye-iqEvL50W8yY86NZsCyL0bRkI9GpDvOosnAVCQZbQ9a6zTLPQH-_rBbWNv9QjMHHdqEt4OkJRR-dUJP3_3jfU7T8wfI19I_ZNkhEtfIPr7prgRZ1TUhzcjxoy0UVHwGYEs6IAIG5QMNteBAeD21XGOljjhA3RY0NfsMpKb57xs0tXwOODCbGQLai-gDIyEJLZhrxvIzZTEBewSosAAAAAAA==

Thank you
Thank you as well for the breath of confidence and also posting the lvl progression trees. That was probably the only thing I had an issue with with your guide(no level tree progression) but now you gave it and now we are happy. Only thing I would say would to add the low and mid level ones to the OG Post if it is possible(for future people). I take it the End Game one is the same or close enough to the original tree you posted for it not to matter to add it again.

P.S. If your guide is a lie... I am gonna hunt you down and flick your ear...sooo hard that you will just say "ouch"... and then I will leave your life forever to be known as the crazy dick who flicked your ear... But sadly I doubt this will come to happen since I don't think anyone has created a false guide on purpose to attempt to trick people into a false sense of security.
"
P.S. If your guide is a lie... I am gonna hunt you down and flick your ear...sooo hard that you will just say "ouch"... and then I will leave your life forever to be known as the crazy dick who flicked your ear... But sadly I doubt this will come to happen since I don't think anyone has created a false guide on purpose to attempt to trick people into a false sense of security.

What do u mean if my guide is a lie? Do people lie in guides?

And yes, the end game tree's the same. I'll go ahead and add the tree progression right now.
"

What do u mean if my guide is a lie? Do people lie in guides?

And yes, the end game tree's the same. I'll go ahead and add the tree progression right now.

Was just a stupid shitty ass joke, that's all.

Curious, what are you thoughts on using at least on Ming's Heart. I've heard good things for EK Nova builds but they're usually the Templar Inquisitor versions though (sometimes they pick up two even because of their power). Definitely could have some huge potential with Atziri's Promise right 'meowere(there plus meow equals the word right before '(' ).

There was another unique I wanted to ask about but can't remember which one at the moment...damnit...
"
Was just a stupid shitty ass joke, that's all.

Curious, what are you thoughts on using at least on Ming's Heart. I've heard good things for EK Nova builds but they're usually the Templar Inquisitor versions though (sometimes they pick up two even because of their power). Definitely could have some huge potential with Atziri's Promise right 'meowere(there plus meow equals the word right before '(' ).

There was another unique I wanted to ask about but can't remember which one at the moment...damnit...

I think Ming's heart's upsides aren't enough to balance out the downsides. 20% bonus phys sounds great on paper and does scale well with Assassin's early nodes, but a minimum of 5% HP lost is a decent chunk to skip out on. Also, using a Ming's heart means you lose out on potential resistances/HP that you could've had on a good rare ring. All in all, not worth it in my opinion.
The Life part I understand saying but resist...eh... should be able to get cap with what you are showing us to use. Because you aren't using a single unique piece and usually guides/builds have a unique or 2 at minimum and still get resist cap without issue. But either way, that 5% at best is still a decent chunk though...but that's at best, and if you are doing any kind of theory crafting and unsure what something is gonna be it is usually best to look at the worst possibilities (ie 10%) which will bring us/you down close to 5k from 5.7k... I will probably give it a try though, at least since they're cheap rings anyways.

Edit: Unless when I go and try it and when I replace one of my low-end/cheap early rings with crit and spell damage are actually giving more damage than a Ming's Heart...well... then that will seal its fate right there lol
Last edited by arokace on Dec 24, 2017, 7:23:57 PM
I continued to play your build and it works well. DPS wise it's good, but the character feels a bit squishy (~4450hp, res are capped and 3 endurance changes).

I'm trying to play with Blade Vortex and the DPS seems higher but it's harder to control.

Anyway it's a solid build.
Hi there, been using your build and I am now on Act 6. I have a couple questions:

1. When I drop the elemental damage support (lightning/fire/cold) and change it with Pierce Support, the number shown on damage in the game goes down. What is the logic behind this?

2. When is it ok to use the controlled support (-100% crit chance)? After shadow ascendancy?

3. Which one is better between Herald of Ice vs Hatred aura?
Last edited by GueRakun on Dec 26, 2017, 7:47:07 PM
"
1. When I drop the elemental damage support (lightning/fire/cold) and change it with Pierce Support, the number shown on damage in the game goes down. What is the logic behind this?

2. When is it ok to use the controlled support (-100% crit chance)? After shadow ascendancy?

3. Which one is better between Herald of Ice vs Hatred aura?

1. The scalings on the elemental damage supports might be better than Pierce, but pierce provides an important quality of life to wave clearing. It is irreplaceable if you wish to map quickly.

2. You can use controlled destruction whenever u want, even as early as u get it, don't worry too much about the 100% reduced crit. The "more spell damage" will enhance your DPS and the ascendancy will later balance everything out.

3. They're both great auras. I run hatred because warlord's mark is enough to sustain a low mana pool. If you want more mana, HoI can replace hatred just fine but you'll do a bit less dps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info