[3.0] EK Nova Assassin - 3.1 Tree Updated

"

I tried to follow your build and so far it doesn't work at all for me. I'm squishy and my DPS sucks.
I had an old shadow with a free reroll (the character was created in 2014, so I gave it a shot).
I have a limited budget (around ~70c) and I would like to get some guidelines. What should I look for in my items? Spell crit? Spell damage?
How much evasion should I try to get?

This build might require more than 70c unfortunately. To start off, your equipment offers almost little to no life. Your chest has 0 life whereas the life in my chest had 140~ ish life. One of your rings are also missing life, rings are capable of reaching 79 max life each. Your amulet only has crafted life when it can be 89 life. Your resistances also seem to be very lacking. Make sure your resistances are 75+ (with the exception of chaos).

You should be looking for Spell Crit MULTIPLIER and spell damage for high DPS gains. A kind reminder is that spells scale with level of the Gem. Notice that the base damage for your lvl 13 EK is only 112-169. A lvl 20 EK has 459-688. Your damage multiplier supports will scale better when your EK is higher lvl. Keep farming or buy a higher lvl EK gem for more damage.

Hope this helps.

Also, acquiring items may be hard since a large number of players are playing in Abyss right now and not Standard.
Ok, I tweaked my character following your advices and it seems to work.
My assassin is still my weakest character but he's also the funniest to play.
However I want to change my weapons and I wanted to ask you about traits.
Does "Increase Physical Damage" scales with EK?
I guess spell damage is better but why not getting both traits.
"
Ok, I tweaked my character following your advices and it seems to work.
My assassin is still my weakest character but he's also the funniest to play.
However I want to change my weapons and I wanted to ask you about traits.
Does "Increase Physical Damage" scales with EK?
I guess spell damage is better but why not getting both traits."

Any weapon mod that says "x% increased physical damage" will only scale the weapon, not the spell. That's why we get spell damage.
Ok, so weapon should just get as much as spell dmg and spell crit/global crit as possible.

Also could you post your passive tree URL please? The path of builder link is fine but a generic passive tree URL would be more convenient.

Anyway thanks a lot, your build is a lot of fun for me so far.
https://poeplanner.com/AAsAAPcACxYBAHiw2KLZyBT1b2qMFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC13yDkgRlgcelS7w1UlRj_rr9fIdwwm5k3_GoqMPxDt8uMqTJy-dFvMmPL6KoS9sCyL0bRkI9GpDvOosnAVCQZbQ9a6zTLPQH-_rIG5QMNteBAeD21XGOlgRLXyD6-4c3I8amuBFnVNSMtFFR8BmBLOiAA-rJIvDOpu1hMVfsMpKb57xs0tXwOODCbGQLai-gCLqMgGyGc96Yet6U-jWBbXjhA3RY0ONv9QjMHHdqEt4OkJRR-dUJP3_3jfU7T8wfI19I_ZNkjIyEJLZhrxvIzZTEBewSosAAAAAAA==

Does this help?
Have you played your character in 3.1 yet? Just wondering if you have because basically there's only Warlord's Mark for Life Leech and since you aren't getting VP anymore because it isn't right there on the path anymore. Is that 2% life leech enough (plus whatever extra Molten Shell ends up giving)?

And as I typed this I also forgot about Vinktars and Atziri Promise... So there probably is, I just haven't played 3.1 yet to know what LL is like without VP. If you have anything to say towards that please do, if not then I am sure it is fine.
"
Have you played your character in 3.1 yet? Just wondering if you have because basically there's only Warlord's Mark for Life Leech and since you aren't getting VP anymore because it isn't right there on the path anymore. Is that 2% life leech enough (plus whatever extra Molten Shell ends up giving)?

And as I typed this I also forgot about Vinktars and Atziri Promise... So there probably is, I just haven't played 3.1 yet to know what LL is like without VP. If you have anything to say towards that please do, if not then I am sure it is fine.

hi, i have played this in 3.1 i simply updated the tree for it. It should be enough leech, just try carrying 2 instant life flasks and drop your diamond flask.

im currently playing a caster also without VP and its been fine, it just takes time getting used to. get more life on the tree if u dont feel comfortable with what i have (5.7k life). ty.
Is it possible to make tree for lvl 30 and 50, 70
What jewels should I use for this build?
"
Is it possible to make tree for lvl 30 and 50, 70

This is a good starting point for early on: https://poeplanner.com/AAsAAHcACxYBADiw2KLZyBT1b2qMFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC13yD6ski8M6m7WExSLqMgGyGc96Yet6Uw5IEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_66_XDCbmT8h1_xqKjD8Q7fLjKkye-iqEvL50W8yY86NYyMhCS2Ya8byM2UxAXsEqLAAAAAAA=

Later on towards mid game: https://poeplanner.com/AAsAAM8ACxYBAGSw2KLZyBT1b2qMFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC13yD6ski8M6m7WExSLqMgGyGc96Yet6Uw5IEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_66_XDCbmT8h1_xqKjD8Q7fLjKkye-iqEvL50W8yY86NZsCyL0bRkI9GpDvOosnAVCQZbQ9a6zTLPQH-_rBbWNv9QjMHHdqEt4OkJRR-dUJP3_3jfU7T8wfI19I_ZNkhEtfIPr7prgRZ1TUhzcjxoy0UVHwGYEs6IAMjIQktmGvG8jNlMQF7BKiwAAAAAA

End Game ish: https://poeplanner.com/AAsAAPcACxYBAHiw2KLZyBT1b2qMFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC13yD6ski8M6m7WExSLqMgGyGc96Yet6Uw5IEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_66_XDCbmT8h1_xqKjD8Q7fLjKkye-iqEvL50W8yY86NZsCyL0bRkI9GpDvOosnAVCQZbQ9a6zTLPQH-_rBbWNv9QjMHHdqEt4OkJRR-dUJP3_3jfU7T8wfI19I_ZNkhEtfIPr7prgRZ1TUhzcjxoy0UVHwGYEs6IAIG5QMNteBAeD21XGOljjhA3RY0NfsMpKb57xs0tXwOODCbGQLai-gDIyEJLZhrxvIzZTEBewSosAAAAAAA==

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info