[3.0] EK Nova Assassin - 3.1 Tree Updated

POB link: https://pastebin.com/UNCh5kGk

Here's my take on it, this is made possible from the Gain % of Physical Damage As Extra elemental damage. By stacking it a lot of times in both weapon and using the Elemental Focus Support, the damage gain is there from the more physical option in the gem.

Current Setup:

DPS just from Golem: 170,335.4
Effective DPS on Shaper with all buff 503,004.7

Main difference from OP:

1. Elemental Focus and Physical to Lightning replaces Increased Critical Damage and Power Charge on Critical. With this, the EK spell won't be able to shock/freeze/ignite but the damage gain will be worth it. For bosses, Pierce Support can be changed with something else like Slower Projectile (the only one with the same colour that would provide a buff according to Path of Building) but I haven't tried it as it has 150% mana cost, being out of mana will actually mean less dps.

2. Orb of Storms with Power Charge on Crit and Arcane Surge. This is beneficial for single target dps, but it is not that much of a bother to map with it. Just doing EK without Orb for trash mobs yield no difference.

3. 7 Jewel Socket in Passive Tree vs 5 Jewel Socket (this is highly subjective).

As of now, my char hasn't got the last two point in the ascendancy, this is a huge difference as well (about 43,881 dps difference that I still don't have). I'll get this asap now to finish the build. Also taking 3 nodes to Projectile Damage 2x and the Jewel Slot. This is a stop gap measure to get some Life, once I have the 2 ascendancy points I'll definitely get Power Charge+ points which is another huge dps buff.

Some of my support gems are still at 19 as well with 20% quality. They'll be 20 soon and probably will Vaal chance them to get 21 (especially some of my EK gems I'm leveling with secondary weapon slot). The jewel are also not min/maxed. Still grabbing whatever costs like 1c-3c.

Future Best Setup at Level 91:
With points from ascendancy and Power Charge buffs:
Effective DPS on Shaper with all buff 607,083 with the same gear.

Gear

Last edited by GueRakun on Jan 7, 2018, 10:39:50 AM
Thanks, this definitely helps. In what order would you get the ascendancy keystones?
Follow OP's, Crit Chance and Multi til the very end of node Assassinate which made our crits have culling strike. Before I have those I use a culling strike weapon unique that's cheap I forgot the name.
Was it a claw?
No, you don't really want a claw as their bonuses is from melee. Either wand or dagger.
Was it Heartbreaker?
Last edited by IGAC2k on Jan 8, 2018, 9:27:19 PM
Yeah. It’s bad but leveling is fine.
Also, I'm following your original build. So far, I've reached 4.4k HP at lvl 85 with my EK at 75k effective DPS with 4 charges, wearing mostly Evasion-based gear, and most of my gems coming halfway to lvl 20. I've been using Hrimsorrow for Cold Crit, but I am having trouble getting gears with T1 Life and Resist rolls since I haven't reached 5k+ HP due to my gear have low life rolls. Also, I have yet to get Vinktar's for more DPS and my EK has 42.18% crit chance and 417% crit multi. Any advice?
Are you referring to the OP's build at page 1? As I mentioned on page 6, my build has veered off a bit from the OP so I can't help you there.

42.18% crit chance before any flask (basically chance at hideout) is fine. 417% crit multi is also fine to start, ofc it can get 600%++ with enough gear. EK at 75k effective dps with 4 charges? Is this in PoB with mobs or Shaper/Elder? That seems low. Can you link your gear?
My setup:

Any advice?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info