[3.2] 9k-11k ES, 60-100k Armor, CI Aegis Guardian (Shaper, HoGM, Rippy Map Mods)

Hey man really tanky build . Could you also do a variation of this build where we don't facetank everything but we can do a little bit more damage?
Yup. The last version I posted does 736k dps, but uses Red Nightmare and 2 Pyre Rings. You'll just need to change your gear to get the correct resistance.
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by RPGlitch on Dec 19, 2017, 12:39:57 AM
could you please update your skill trees for 3.1? I think the original tree is a bit outdated
Could this build be done with any other class?
"
yazisiz wrote:
could you please update your skill trees for 3.1? I think the original tree is a bit outdated

Let me check.

"
Obimio wrote:
Could this build be done with any other class?

Yes. You can do this build on any class to be honest. The only difference is you'd be slightly less tanky. All classes can get 40k-50k+ armor using roughly the same skill tree.
(⌐■_■)
Really great and tanky build sir, thank you for your hardwork with this build
I just have a question regarding The Red nightmare jewel, do you still need 5 reckless defence if you have a Red nightmare jewel?
Guys, I simulated this build on PoB before starting a character out of it, and despite my best efforts, I'm getting 58k armor and 7.9k ES. I don't really know how to make it better(I assumed level 100, best gear possible on poe.trade so that I get realistic gear etc.).
Can someone please tell me where I messed up?
Here is the PoB : https://pastebin.com/Sgx1sqiq
"
g31gart wrote:
Really great and tanky build sir, thank you for your hardwork with this build
I just have a question regarding The Red nightmare jewel, do you still need 5 reckless defence if you have a Red nightmare jewel?

Hi! And thanks! I'm happy people found it interesting.

And yes, you'll still need 5 reckless defense jewels. Reckless Defense gives you spell block, so if you take them out. You can not block spells anymore. Which will be very bad.

"
atarekaze wrote:
Guys, I simulated this build on PoB before starting a character out of it, and despite my best efforts, I'm getting 58k armor and 7.9k ES. I don't really know how to make it better(I assumed level 100, best gear possible on poe.trade so that I get realistic gear etc.).
Can someone please tell me where I messed up?
Here is the PoB : https://pastebin.com/Sgx1sqiq

The skill tree in the PoB is different from the one I posted. It has a lot of extra stuff that we don't really need. For example, unwavering stance. We are already stun immune because of Chayula's Presence.

So, no need to take that node, as it does nothing for us. Just check with the original PoB of this build to see that you are connecting the right skill nodes. Also, there is a bit of problem with the gear and auras. Let me list each thing one by one.

For gear we stack strength and intelligence to gain a ton of ES.

The rings I listed for example. Give me 571 ES and 655. So, an extra 1226 ES to my health just from my rings. And the belt gives me 867 ES.

In the PoB, both rings and belt are missing str and int. So, its missing a lot of ES on the build because of it. Normally, you would be at 9,600 ES and not hovering around 8,000.

For the auras, we want almost all our mana reserved. The pastebin link'd has only 83% mana reserved. Its missing a bit more ES because of it. So, for the build to be a bit more efficient, you should look at the skill gem section of the guide. It has all the aura's link'd in a way to give you 96% mana reserved, which is enough to let you cast spells, without running out of mana.

And lastly, I see the PoB is using memory vault. I know Memory Vault was a pretty hype item for high armor builds, but Memory Vault was balanced so that it gets significantly worse the more armor you stack.

All builds that stack an extreme amount of armor all use a lot of auras. And Memory Vault punishes auras by making them cost 10% more. So, you can see where Memory Vault slaps us in the face. We end up spending a lot of extra skill nodes, offsetting the penalty from Memory Vault and by then, it's not really worth it in my opinion.

So, for the optimal aegis aurora build, I'd suggest we don't use Memory Vault and instead use Vaal Vertex. Which has a lot of armor, ES, and +1 gem for all of the auras we use.

Whew, I hope that helped.
(⌐■_■)
Yeah. I should have thought that both str and int help us get ES instead of just # to Energy Shield. However, that means that each ring can have atmost 1 resists. Isnt that kind of bad?

When I decided to take Unwavering Stance, I did not have Presence of Chayulya(I'll remove it when I get it)

I'll swap out memory vault and put in vertex instead.

Is there anything else in the tree that is bad? Mainly cause I tried to optimize it for a specter rather than advancing fortress to up the damage slightly cause a LOT of damage comes from the weapon and if we have even 50% block, that is max block 1/5th of the time.
Hey, really nice build! I was looking into something like this but tweaked for HoGM farm this league. CI aegis tank SR tank basically. Have you thought about Balefire unique? Looks like it is a better damage unless you have a full leveled 6-link and super budget as well. I know your claw gives block, but there are other means of getting it.
Any other things you would recommend considering HoGM?
Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info