[3.2] 9k-11k ES, 60-100k Armor, CI Aegis Guardian (Shaper, HoGM, Rippy Map Mods)

"
SoilnRock wrote:

You're alive! Hype! Looking forward to you updating the guide! I'd love a few more words about the different versions (Original/CI/Red Nightmare) and their pros and cons.

Love the build!

Thanks! As for the quick answers.

The original LL Aegis is the easiest to do Shaper, once you have all the gear.

CI is a slightly worst version of the LL Aegis, but has the benefit of being CI, so immune to all chaos damage. CI is also much cheaper to gear then LL Aegis.

The Red Nightmare Version has the most damage because of nodes/wand, but is pretty much a significantly weaker tank, and is there for improved clear speed.

Original

Pros:
More Auras 6-8
Higher Max Resistance with Auras (80/85/80)
High Regen (1200/sec - 2000/sec)
Higher ES
Decent Damage
Higher Armor
Easy to get resistances because of auras.

Cons:
High Chaos Damage can kill you.
Chayula's Presence (Amulet) is expensive.
Low Life means you must have Shav's Vestments.

CI

Pros:
Immune to Chaos
Extremely Cheap.
Can wear any Chest or Amulet.

Cons:
Less Auras (4-5)
Lower Regen (Unless you spend a lot of $$)
Lower Damage
Slightly Lower Armor
Harder to get resistances capped.
Harder to get a lot of ES (You need good rares)

Red Nightmare

Pros:
Meta-lite DPS (700k with a good wand)

Cons:
Extremely Expensive. You need Chayula's and Red Nightmare.
Not as Tanky. 7k HP is easy to get one-shot.
(⌐■_■)
"
RPGlitch wrote:

The original LL Aegis is the easiest to do Shaper, once you have all the gear.

Thx. That's the answer I was looking for. This is my primary goal, to just once kill Shaper while being a bad player ;-)

"
RPGlitch wrote:

Extremely Expensive. You need Chayula's and Red Nightmare.
Not as Tanky. 7k HP is easy to get one-shot.

I see. As I happen to own both, Chayula's and the Red Nightmare, would you recommend going for this? Atm I'm playing a hybrid of the LL and the Red Nightmare variant utilizing also Herald of Ash instead of Purity of Elements. I didn't crunch any numbers but if you're interested and think this looks promising, take a glimpse at my character "Otavato" (only lvl 88) or https://pastebin.com/4xgXmmrb, maybe there's something you can use for your 3.4 guide-update ;-)
I also think adding the Energy From Within jewel and taking the Melding wheel in the witch/shadow area could be worthwile!

I really appreciate you maintaining this build and answering to questions - thx!

Cheers,
Nelson
Last edited by SoilnRock on Aug 13, 2018, 7:30:06 PM
"
SoilnRock wrote:

Thx. That's the answer I was looking for. This is my primary goal, to just once kill Shaper while being a bad player ;-)

np, haha. You should be fine. I was super new to the game when I killed shaper, and I did it with like horrifying lag.

"
SoilnRock wrote:

I see. As I happen to own both, Chayula's and the Red Nightmare, would you recommend going for this?

I wouldn't recommend it. The hp is low. You want at least 9k ES to safely facetank all of shaper's moves and give you room if you mess up. The slam is like 8k roughly if it hits you.

I also have to update the red nightmare version, as I have a better skill tree. Some of the tree choices are outdated.

(⌐■_■)
"
RPGlitch wrote:

I also have to update the red nightmare version, as I have a better skill tree. Some of the tree choices are outdated.

If you're interested, I updated my skill tree to lvl 91:
https://pastebin.com/qBYMZyGz
I got 75/75 block, 75 % chaos resistance (with flask), 8.3k ES, 63k armor (136k with flasks), 449k SR (+ 38k BV) DPS & endurance charges - and most importantly I got rid of the thematically not fitting lightning spells (Orb of Storms and Tempest Shield) and replaced them with Blade Vortex and Vaal Molten Shell. ;-)
What I really like is Culling Strike in the Shield Charge setup for boss killing.
I also like my crafted belt giving me a 30% chance to gain a flask charge when taking a critical strike making it possible to use flasks with another prefix like Alchemist's for example.

Looking forward to further optimizations of this build! I am aware that my choices aren't the best in terms of offense/defense but sometimes I like to go for style ;-)
Last edited by SoilnRock on Aug 16, 2018, 10:36:51 PM
been trying this for something different
so far the sr kills shit pretty fast but the lvling experience other wise has been a shit show cuz no life n keep dying alot

any way to make it better???? my chars r open name is GAIL
www.lunaz.com/poe-fashion
www.lunaz.com/poe-filter
www.lunaz.com/poe-hidouts
Work In Progress
"
lunaz wrote:
been trying this for something different
so far the sr kills shit pretty fast but the lvling experience other wise has been a shit show cuz no life n keep dying alot

any way to make it better???? my chars r open name is GAIL

Your character GAIL is a lvl 6 ranger - what exactly do you expect now ...?
RIP aegis aurora, love your build its f-ing awesome...
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I have the same problem of spells block on my build.. did someone find a way to get around 65% of spells block?
Updated a new version of the build. We're moving to gladiator boys.

[3.4] Angry Walrus Build | CI Aegis Aurora 60-100k Armor | Safe Deep Delves for Newbies and Pros.2
(⌐■_■)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info