[3.2] 9k-11k ES, 60-100k Armor, CI Aegis Guardian (Shaper, HoGM, Rippy Map Mods)

It is shaper-viable, but you will have to make some adjustments to the gear and skill tree. I've been doing a dps check with another fellow whose is following the build right now. I'll add the dps version to the guide once its ready, but I'll give you the current dps breakdown that we've been working on.

You will have to use a pyre ring.

You can probably even duel-wield pyre rings assuming your resistance is taken care of.

And we will also be switch out the advancing fortress for ashcaller or a good rare. We lose some block and about 1.5k ES. So, about 7-8k ES vs 9.5K ES, but we gain a ton of damage.

Double Pyre Rings and ashcaller gives you 250k DPS. So, about a 100k dps improvement. And this is 174k dps vs shaper.

If we trigger EE. Damage jumps up to 350k DPS. 274k vs Shaper.

Trigger lvl 6 Flammability. That's 400k DPS. 289K vs Shaper.

Hit Witchbrew Pot. That's 499k DPS. 300k vs Shaper.

And if you are lucky to have a lvl 21 Scorching Ray. There are a few on PoE trade. You'll get 550k DPS. 343k vs Shaper.

Now, this is pretty crazy. I don't know of any builds which this much armor/block/tankiness that get get 550k dps. And that's definitely enough to get the job done. The rest is going come down to be how well you know the mechanics of the fight.

If you want to check out the version yourself, below is the pastebin for the dps version of the build. All of it's a work in progress so lots of improvements can be made.

https://pastebin.com/KE0MWJ7d
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by RPGlitch on Nov 4, 2017, 11:01:33 PM
I'd like to throw out a second request for a leveling tree, or at the very least a level 79/80 tree once all the gear has become usable.

Interesting looking build, I'm excited to try it out once we get the next reset at the end of harbinger. I've been running a guardian support build, but it can be a pain finding groups, having the option to kill stuff on my own would be wonderful.
Hi,

Wanna gain 15% MORE spell damage (about +45K dps) in 26 secs?

Just use
Spoiler
in off hand, just proc. max endurances (3), swap, and cast manual Imm.Call, done:-)

You only need a 5L set up: ICAll (lv20) + Arcane Surge (lv10) + FC + Efficacy + Inc. Duration

VID

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Nov 6, 2017, 10:59:27 AM
"
RPGlitch wrote:
It is shaper-viable, but you will have to make some adjustments to the gear and skill tree. I've been doing a dps check with another fellow whose is following the build right now. I'll add the dps version to the guide once its ready, but I'll give you the current dps breakdown that we've been working on.

You will have to use a pyre ring.

You can probably even duel-wield pyre rings assuming your resistance is taken care of.

And we will also be switch out the advancing fortress for ashcaller or a good rare. We lose some block and about 1.5k ES. So, about 7-8k ES vs 9.5K ES, but we gain a ton of damage.

Double Pyre Rings and ashcaller gives you 250k DPS. So, about a 100k dps improvement. And this is 174k dps vs shaper.

If we trigger EE. Damage jumps up to 350k DPS. 274k vs Shaper.

Trigger lvl 6 Flammability. That's 400k DPS. 289K vs Shaper.

Hit Witchbrew Pot. That's 499k DPS. 300k vs Shaper.

And if you are lucky to have a lvl 21 Scorching Ray. There are a few on PoE trade. You'll get 550k DPS. 343k vs Shaper.

Now, this is pretty crazy. I don't know of any builds which this much armor/block/tankiness that get get 550k dps. And that's definitely enough to get the job done. The rest is going come down to be how well you know the mechanics of the fight.

If you want to check out the version yourself, below is the pastebin for the dps version of the build. All of it's a work in progress so lots of improvements can be made.

https://pastebin.com/KE0MWJ7d

With dual pyre it's pretty hard to cap resist when most of our jewels slots are for Reckless Defense and with so many required uniques in the build. In your POB link the lightning resist is only 60%, for example.

Can you post a video of Shaper if you manage to do it? I'm rather interested in seeing how the fight plays out.

Apart from Shaper, how comfortable is this build in doing guardians with at least 1-2 damage mods? I guess with 9k ES plus more crit the chance of getting 1-shot is pretty high?

"
redix27 wrote:
Hi,

Wanna gain 15% MORE spell damage (about +45K dps) in 26 secs?

Just use
Spoiler
in off hand, just proc. max endurances (3), swap, and cast manual Imm.Call, done:-)

You only need a 5L set up: ICAll (lv20) + Arcane Surge (lv10) + FC + Efficacy + Inc. Duration

VID

Can you explain that further? Isn't Arcane Surge 4s? Even with Increased Duration how does it become 26s?
Last edited by chinhodado on Nov 6, 2017, 10:12:37 PM
"
chinhodado wrote:

Can you explain that further? Isn't Arcane Surge 4s? Even with Increased Duration how does it become 26s?

3 Endurances Charges and rest of gems^^

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Sure, I'll post a video of Shaper when I get there.

Guardians are pretty comfortable with damage mods.

You might get hit hard if its lower max resist, and double ele mods, but we always have the choice of max resist flasks (ruby/sapphire etc..) because we need don't need mana or health flasks. And our flasks are almost always full because we get crit all the time.

So, in terms of damage resist, we are near the top of the list in surviving any sort of incoming damage. As for the crit-chance, we take the pantheon, Soul of Solaris which reduces extra damage from critical hits to 0 if you've been critical hit recently.

We take one critical at the start of any fight, and take 0 extra damage from critical hits after that for the rest of the fight as long as we get hit by an attack every 4 seconds, which is like 99% of the time. Its pretty easy to just nose dive into a pack of monsters or boss adds and let them regen your life for you using Aegis.

This makes extra crit/crit multi maps extremely easy on this build. And it's why HoGM is easy for you. Critical hits do no extra damage to you 99% of the time.

The only thing you do have to worry about is if you haven't taken 'any' damage for 4 seconds and stand in front of a telegraphic'd boss mega-attack that does like 10k damage through 80%+ resistance. That's isn't very common, but it does happen. You'll die.

Probably, anyone else would be dead too though.
(⌐■_■)
Can we block Shaper's beam? Or is that entirely DOT?

If this is a build in standard, apart from legacy Aegis and legacy ES gear, would there be any other changes?
Hi!

Wanna thank you this build, man, first time i did HOGM!!!!!

VID Deathless HOGM Aegis in a 5L!!!!!!!!!!

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Nov 8, 2017, 12:17:37 PM
"
chinhodado wrote:
Can we block Shaper's beam? Or is that entirely DOT?

If this is a build in standard, apart from legacy Aegis and legacy ES gear, would there be any other changes?

Nop. We cannot block the Shaper's Beam. From what I've read it's a elemental DoT like Scorching Ray with tri-damage. (Lightning, Fire, Cold). It might be possible for us to tank it with tri-purity auras, flasks, but I'd have to test it.

I don't think there would be any other changes, besides the legacy gear, if we moved the build to standard.

Though I have to say legacy aegis is pretty insane on this build. We'd 2.4k ES per block instead of 1.2k ES because legacy aurora does 4% of armor as ES per block.

That's like having over 120k armor in Harbringer. And if we ever use granite flask and the evasion flask it'd be like having 160k armor.

Holy shit.

"
redix27 wrote:
Hi!

Wanna thank you this build, man, first time i did HOGM!!!!!

VID Deathless HOGM Aegis in a 5L!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!! xD
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by RPGlitch on Nov 8, 2017, 7:51:04 PM
Attempt Shaper on a 5L

VID

New VID Hall Of Grand Masters Deathless 10 minutes only, with new set up

Testing real DPS in a 5L VS T16 Minotaur white map

How can i calculate? Minotaur has 12.5M life, i just killed him with 51 secs: 12.5M/51secs= 245K real dps.

T16 Guardian Minotaur

PvP Leo´s Quest

VID

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Nov 11, 2017, 7:40:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info