[3.2] 9k-11k ES, 60-100k Armor, CI Aegis Guardian (Shaper, HoGM, Rippy Map Mods)

"
chinhodado wrote:
How does the slam deal 8500 damage when we have >75% physical damage reduction? In redix's video it dealt about 5300 damage, which is what I expected (around 2:15)

I'm not exactly sure how to explain it, but the damage is pretty significant when I was hit by it the first time. I'm not entirely sure what the difference was in his video. He also mentioned to me to get at least 8,000 for the shaper slam. I'll see if I can get a few more runs before the end of the league, and perhaps more eyes can tell me what happened.

My phys reduction calculator is telling me to expect about 8,066 with 3 endurance charges with 65k armor, which is around what I was hit for.

"
To die to the balls that much even with max block is unexpected. Did you change the build for more DPS and thus reduced the block chance?

I changed it a bit, I had 55% block. So perhaps, that's where all the issue was. The thing is reddix also had the same amount of block and didn't die to the balls. I just remember on my first death the first 3 balls instantly killed me as 10 seconds into the fight. And the second time, it also instantly killed me 10 seconds later with purity of ice on. It might be bad luck on my part, but I made a extended effort to avoid them after that happening twice.

"
redix's fight was pretty close and it was on a 5L. I expected it to be much easier for you, so it is quite a bit surprising that you died on phase 2, not even phase 3 yet.

I was surprised too, still wondering why it was so hard to get out of phase 1. I'm assuming I just need more practice since it was my first ever attempt.
(⌐■_■)
Hi again, well, my 5L is just like his 6L, because i use
and one more jewel socketed..., and btw, all my jewels are dps jewels.

Main problem with Shaper fight is low dps (we need min. 300K real dps all the time, not full buff with Elemental Overload up and flasks up) and mobility for dodging that beam...(i have no movement speed on my boots), so we need maybe shield charge (?) or maybe WBlades with faster attacks...

Btw, my max dps is only 210K dps on a 5L, and it´s very high... if i put a 6L i can go up to 333K dps.

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Nov 30, 2017, 10:11:23 AM
First off great build, having tons of fun being more or less immortal.

Just pulled off a Shaper kill today with following gear (Having just over 9k ES);
(Character name on my profile is; Really_Unusual_Name)

Did it with 3 deaths, two to bullet-hell, and one to yellow balls - got unlucky and didnt block 'em =/...)

Although! - I did realise, after dying to it twice, it doesn't matter if you save Zana for the bullet-hell in the end. Just keep a ton of mobs from the portal alive and you'll just block your way to full health instantly between getting hit by the Bullets. All you need to to position yourself well enough, and have enough monsters hitting you, and you'll it survive with ease.

Not deathless, but was my first go with this build. Think deathless is possible, problem is mainly having to actually play the fight for an extended period of time, due to low'ish dps - relative to other builds that is.
Hey! I'm glad you enjoyed the build. Took a while to think it up, somedays I think maybe we are the only aegis build on the league, hehe. And congratulations one shaper, whew. At least somebody was able to do it.

I'll try your advice and let Zana die and see if I survive the bullet hell. I think with the adds you can probably even survive the degen with everything hitting you. Hmm, this could be interesting.

I don't know why but it's like common sense is like opposite with this build sometimes. Other builds, save Zana. But we do better when she is dead. Other builds never run into huge packs or they get die. We do it all the time and gain even more life.

Shenanigans.

(⌐■_■)
Last edited by RPGlitch on Nov 30, 2017, 4:56:10 AM
Have you take a look at the new Memory Vault unique helm that converts reserved mana to armour? Would that be great with this build? And maybe you don't have to go all the way to the South Pole for Iron Reflect anymore?

Also there is another max block Aegis build with low armour and higher DPS: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2000682

What do you think of that build?
"
chinhodado wrote:
Have you take a look at the new Memory Vault unique helm that converts reserved mana to armour? Would that be great with this build? And maybe you don't have to go all the way to the South Pole for Iron Reflect anymore?

Yes! I did take a look at it. It opens a lot of possibilities for aegis builds in the future. We can even go CI with this build, given the amount of armor we get from the helmet.

And the fact that we don't have to get iron reflexes lets us make this an attack build as well and use leech from ghost reaver like many other builds. The extra skill points we'd get from not going to Iron Reflexs also means we don't have to use scorching ray as our only source of damage and can use other damage skill as long as we have damage for it.

In all, we can expect at least a 100k damage buff by not having to travel to Iron Reflexes. And if we still decide on traveling to Iron Reflexes, we'd get like 90k armor. There is gonna be a lot of great experimentation next league.

"
Also there is another max block Aegis build with low armour and higher DPS: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2000682

What do you think of that build?

I don't like it. Haha, but that doesn't mean it isn't good it its own way. It would play much differently then our build though, mostly because our build is a dedicated tank, while that one is more of a hybrid aurabot with more defense and damage.

It doesn't have Chayula's so its vulnerable to stuns. And lower armor means facetanking things would not be recommended, there are many packs that would hit hard enough to kill you through Aegis with only 20,000 armor.

The playstyle is more along the lines of a normal Scorching Ray build, dodging things, with extra layers of defense that make mistakes more forgiving. It also has less then half our ES regen. About 1/4th of our regen if you count concercrated ground.

On the flipside, not having to travel across to Canada to reach Iron Reflexes, means it has more skill points to put towards dedicated aura support. It has triple purity auras, so its more tankier in terms of pure elemental damage. And it has about 100k more damage because it uses Anvil instead of Chayulas, so still has good block% even with an elemental% weapon in its main hand.

Our build might even look similar to its skill tree once Memory Vault comes in for the new 3.1 league, but I'm waiting for the patch notes before making any decisions.

Pretty much the main thing I dislike about that build is that you'd have to be more aware of the damage you are taking from hard hitting mobs. You would not be able to casually stroll into maps, without quite a few things being able to kill you.
(⌐■_■)
I died 3 times, but I was able to kill Shaper on my second try. Which is insane for someone who only attempted shaper once lol.

I'll upload the full video later, because the file is huge. But the last 3 minutes out of my 29min shaper fight are up for ppl to see what happened.

Many thanks to Tzakk for the advice. We actually have no need for dps like any other build. We can kill Shaper with less then 100k dps, just depends on how long you want the fight to last.

And with that, the guide is officially completed. We can complete all content, all things can be solo'd with this build.

We win!
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by RPGlitch on Dec 3, 2017, 5:21:10 AM

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Dec 4, 2017, 6:11:22 AM
Congrats redix!!! I had a feeling you'd be able to do it after I did my run, XD. I'll add your videos to the guide. Maybe, even start a compilation of shaper vids if more people want to add to the guide.

I think for new players, this will probably be one of the easiest builds to do shaper on and complete all content, since we can ignore/tank all of the shaper mechanics, with some practice.

Maybe, for next league, I'll try doing shaper with a 1-links. That'd be something special.

Also, on a side note it looks like some new patch notes are in, and MoM is gonna change slightly so we might not take those mana nodes in the future, since they are getting nerf'd. Phoenix Shield is also getting nerf'd slightly for all RF builds.

It's not gonna really affect us, but I've got RF to barely work with our build, using Aegis since we have a ton of ES regen. So, with some adjustments, we might be able to run both Aegis and RF in the future without needing the Phoenix Shield. Just something I've been thinking about, while waiting for new league to come out.
(⌐■_■)
Hello

Will you updated this build in 3.1?

I'am especially intrested about new unique memory vault. Do You think it is worth to use it ?
Or maybe You will try another subclases for this concept?

I'am also thinking about CI version of similiar build so if you have any conception about it, could you share with it?

Btw. Great build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info