[3.2] 9k-11k ES, 60-100k Armor, CI Aegis Guardian (Shaper, HoGM, Rippy Map Mods)

The shaper battle in your vid was pretty close. If you didn't die and use the portals before the 3rd phase, I think you'd have enough portals to beat shaper handily with culling. Danm, that sucks. Thanks for the video though. The degen from the vortex doesn't look that bad either.

I'll be using this when I'm ready. Just been preparing atm and going over the numbers.

(⌐■_■)
Last edited by RPGlitch on Nov 11, 2017, 10:56:33 AM
I watched the Shaper fight video and this is the death breakdown:

Phase 1:
Died to beam

Phase 2:
Died to bullet hell

Phase 3:
Died to beam/add/degen
Died to beam/degen
Died to beam/degen
Died to beam/degen while on low life because of bullet hell

So overall 5/6 deaths is because of the beam, which is weird because that attack is one of the easiest to avoid and survive with this build. In some of the deaths the poster even stood on the degen while trying to tank the beam, which is something I can't really understand why. A few times he seemed to underestimate the hitbox of the beam, so he moved out of the way of the beam animation and start to scorch at Shaper, while not realizing that the beam is still DOT him to death.

Another thing is the poster seems to really like standing on the degen for some reasons, even when there are a lot of non-degen ground around.

Looking at the video I'm pretty sure the fight is well possible if the above mistakes didn't happen.
What about farming/leveling with a scorching ray/cast when channel/fire storm? That would do better area damage and maybe could have a set of links where those blue are swapped in/out for boss SR kills.

Is that a bad setup?
I remember doing a test like this before and from what I remember it isn't worth it.

The damage is too low from fire storm, because our damage comes from 'burning' not 'fire' nodes and we'd have to take out Elemental Equilibrium, because the fire damage from FS would mess it up.

Ideally, we would use righteous fire for clear, because both skills use burning degen. But unfortunately, I have no idea how to use RF without replacing Aegis with the Phoenix Shield. And that'd change the entire build. We'd be a weaker RF build in every way with our skill tree because RF doesn't need armor.

So it's not like we can swap Aegis with Phoenix Shield in our secondary weapon and use RF mapping/lvling. We either invest everything into SR and Aegis. Or we invest skills into becoming proper RF build that can map quickly.

It's a bit of a weird puzzle atm. It just might be an unavoidable trade offs to being super tanky.

(⌐■_■)
Still waiting for a successful Shaper run video, or some videos of guardians with nasty damage mods.
Well, if my internet doesn't give me trouble. I should have those videos up this weekend. I feel good about my chances. Kinda feel like one of those adventurer's gearing up to slay a dragon.
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by RPGlitch on Nov 25, 2017, 6:47:42 AM
Well, boop. The vid's are up for guardians I think the hydra one was one of those hard mods you wanted to see. Vulnerability, Increased Crit multi and Crit Chance, and Increased 101% extra lightning, and increase 46% Monster Life.

Updated the guide to include the new vids and reddix's vids as well. I did shaper, haha, but I got my ass beat. Mostly, due to me being new, and a bit of lag. I'll try again tomorrow or next week if my internet isn't spazzing out on me.

(⌐■_■)
Last edited by RPGlitch on Nov 25, 2017, 6:51:52 AM
Wow the guardian vids are really impressive. Tanking all of those rippy mods without a single death (though there were some close calls) is unbelievable. For Hydra, maybe you can use a Dream Fragment ring next time, which will prevent being frozen.

Even with one death the Vaal Temple run with Enfeeble and extra cold dmg is also impressive. You died to the physical degen from the death of the first boss, which is easily avoidable if the mechanic is known beforehand.

But man, your connection is horrible. Losing 2 Hydra portals to DC? Was that what happened to the Shaper fight as well? What happened in that fight? Can you still upload that video?
Last edited by chinhodado on Nov 25, 2017, 9:13:01 AM
"
chinhodado wrote:
Wow the guardian vids are really impressive. Tanking all of those rippy mods without a single death (though there were some close calls) is unbelievable. For Hydra, maybe you can use a Dream Fragment ring next time, which will prevent being frozen.

Even with one death the Vaal Temple run with Enfeeble and extra cold dmg is also impressive. You died to the physical degen from the death of the first boss, which is easily avoidable if the mechanic is known beforehand.

But man, your connection is horrible. Losing 2 Hydra portals to DC? Was that what happened to the Shaper fight as well? What happened in that fight? Can you still upload that video?

Hey! Thanks XD. I was hoping all the guardians would go well. And yeah, that's lag is pretty much common day for me.

As for the shaper fight, I got angry and deleted the video, lol. It was really embarassing, haha. But to recap what happened. I died to the triple frost bolts a couple times, then figured I needed shield charge into the Shaper to trigger his default attack, which we can tank easily.

The beam was easy, but I can see why Reddix would die a couple times to the beam degen, because it has a wide arc the closer you are to Shaper that you don't realize is still DoTing when you move out of the blast range. I never died to the beam, but I could see a significant degen even after be moving out of the way. Then again that might just might be me lagging and standing in part of the beam like an idiot.

You can actually avoid most of the beam, by charging straight in front of the shaper, there is a space right in front of him, about a few centimeters, that the beam avoids entirely. I got to the second phase before lagging out and dying, but the first phase was me mostly running around because i didn't know how to avoid the triple frost bolts without dying. I think I got about 70% of the map full of vortexes before I figured out you had to be within melee range of him for him to stop shooting frostbolts at you.

We can tank the slam. I don't think we have to move, but it does like 8,500 damage. So, it's a bit iffy.

I did better then Reddix on the Zana portion of the map. You have enough dps to save her a few times, unless she is already on low health. This is mostly because I have a Orb of Storms with flammability set-up which he didn't have on his character. So, I always have EE + Flammability up on trash mobs to burn them down faster.

I'm a bit miffed because I know I can do it with more practice, but I don't think I'll have the time to practice and finish the shaper before Harbringer is over. We have a week left, and I usually play only on the weekend because I work. And by then, I'll probably try to move this character to the new league, and I have to update it with the new skill tree.

Gaahh.
(⌐■_■)
How does the slam deal 8500 damage when we have >75% physical damage reduction? In redix's video it dealt about 5300 damage, which is what I expected (around 2:15)

To die to the balls that much even with max block is unexpected. Did you change the build for more DPS and thus reduced the block chance?

redix's fight was pretty close and it was on a 5L. I expected it to be much easier for you, so it is quite a bit surprising that you died on phase 2, not even phase 3 yet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info