[3.2] 9k-11k ES, 60-100k Armor, CI Aegis Guardian (Shaper, HoGM, Rippy Map Mods)

Can i use rf instead of sr?
Thanks for the reply. I stopped using totem at t4+ for exactly the reason stated. Every was going good but now with the new patch and changes to Guardian ascendancy I'm worried the ES shield tactic that is central to this build isn't sure anymore.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just added this build (the normal 2 Curse variant) and the calculations only add up to 400k dps.
Furthermore I see that in that build that there are 3 curses. 2 From gloves and 1 from brew. Could someone explain this to me? Also is the trade off from Arcane Surge to Elemental Weakness correctly understood?
Lastly I see that the Shield gems don't have Cast on Damage Taken, which means: we have to summon golem and tempest shield ourselves.

Really confused here...
Last edited by PoseiD0m on Feb 20, 2018, 4:12:07 AM
"
Erik2278 wrote:
Can i use rf instead of sr?

Yes, but you'd have to make changes to your skill-tree.

"
PoseiD0m wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I stopped using totem at t4+ for exactly the reason stated. Every was going good but now with the new patch and changes to Guardian ascendancy I'm worried the ES shield tactic that is central to this build isn't sure anymore.

The build will work as long as Aegis Aurora still exists in the game and doesn't get nerf'd. Any changes to ascendencies won't hurt the build that much, since you can do this build on any class. It's just guardians are the tankiest due to aura buffing.

And on that note, I wanted to just say I won't be online very often since I'm writing my novel. I'll try to keep the guide updated every now and then. I'm not making any promises, but I'll do my best to keep this thing in existence. If you have questions, please ask them here, in case I'm away for a few days.

Also, leaving the ES regen build I was theorycrafting here. I'm not gonna have to time to sort it out anytime soon, so if someone wants to play around with it. I wanted to put it here. Just be aware it's not complete, and there may be problems I haven't worked/found out about it yet. Like mana problems or whatnot.

If you have Word of Light, which triggers consecrated ground when hit by an attack. You get about 4-6% more regen. The closest build that can have this much regen on a temp league would be a 17k ES RF Guardian with really amazing gear.

And that build only has around 2k ES regen, if I remember correctly. So, we have half their ES but nearly 1k more ESregen as a mirror worthy RF build. Maybe, 2k more regen if we get hit by something.

CI Aegis Super Regen V2. (9.5k ES, 26k Armor, 3196 ES Regen, 204k DPS)
4076 ES Regen with Cons Ground.

https://pastebin.com/7feFYggS

CI Aegis Regen V3. (9.5k ES, 49k Armor, 2433 ES Regen, 177k DPS)
3311 ES Regen with Cons Ground.

https://pastebin.com/bdiMWqne
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by RPGlitch on Feb 16, 2018, 5:57:16 AM
Thank you for your job and fun build mate hope we can see you again!!

I put here my pastebin just using RF + Purity of Fire and a Sulphur flask that procs "Consecrated ground" that provides additional life regeneration (6% of their maximum life per second).

629K dps SR + 280K dps RF, TOTAL = 900K dps

403K dps SR + 179K dps RF, TOTAL = 582K dps VS GUARDIANS

Shaper: I remove RF because of vortex and Beam laser...you will die, also, you will kill mobs so you are fucked hehe, so vs shaper real dps is about 310K dps

https://pastebin.com/Ez2YAcra

Hydra T16 rare map (OLD SET UP, about -100K dps)

RF sustained without ROTP, only Purity of Fire

Hall of Grand Masters with RF up

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Mar 1, 2018, 9:50:56 AM
Updated. No changes really. Looks like a fun league this time around for this build, since we are still plodding along.
(⌐■_■)
How about SR + Cast when chanelling + Firestorm + Elemental Focus + Controlled Destruction + Iron WIll ?
Cost less mana and use same sockets colors. You can swap gems for boss battles.
Also, every fireball of Firestorm is a hit, so perhaps is a good idea to have "Harmony of Purpose" (10% to gain a charge on hit) in exchange for Unwavering Faith especially in the CI version.
"
ceberus11 wrote:
How about SR + Cast when chanelling + Firestorm + Elemental Focus + Controlled Destruction + Iron WIll ?
Also, every fireball of Firestorm is a hit, so perhaps is a good idea to have "Harmony of Purpose" (10% to gain a charge on hit) in exchange for Unwavering Faith especially in the CI version.

That's a pretty interesting idea. I haven't tested it, but if the cwc setup works like the old flametank scion. It should do just fine with a bit of adjustment on the skill tree.

The only thing I'd be worried about is the damage, since I don't know how to calculate firestorm damage.

I can't say whether its worth it to switch to a cwc set-up because we might be losing 30-50% or more damage because of our skill tree forking over down to Iron Reflexes. If someone can give an estimate, I'd probably add a variation of it to this build if the numbers turn out better vs pure SR.

(⌐■_■)
"
RPGlitch wrote:
"
ceberus11 wrote:

That's a pretty interesting idea. I haven't tested it, but if the cwc setup works like the old flametank scion. It should do just fine with a bit of adjustment on the skill tree.

The only thing I'd be worried about is the damage, since I don't know how to calculate firestorm damage.

I can't say whether its worth it to switch to a cwc set-up because we might be losing 30-50% or more damage because of our skill tree forking over down to Iron Reflexes. If someone can give an estimate, I'd probably add a variation of it to this build if the numbers turn out better vs pure SR.

Well POB give me 10600 damage per fireball (with 3 frenzy charges + 3 power charges and a lvl 21 Firestorm), then a fireball fall every 0.1 second along 2 seconds with a cast time of 2.86. So if we manage to sustain 3 stages of firestorm in a moment we got: 10600*10(because 1 fireball every 0.1 second)*3 = 318.000 dps(area damage) + 122.000 (Scorching Ray single target DPS) = 440.000 final single target DPS
The problem here is that im assuming that every ball is hiting the same target and i dont know if this is possible (Concentrated Effect can help perhaps?)
- Another aspect to consider is that with only 10% (Harmony of Purpose) of giving us a frenzy, power or endurance charge, with the large number of hits per second that Firestorm can make at every enemy, we will have 3 of each charge all the time.

I modified your tree a bit for a level 90 character (which is more realistic for a temporary league but it have less damage), but cap elemental resistances can be a problem (Endurance charges can help a bit):

https://pastebin.com/5nPmBmGc
Last edited by ceberus11 on Mar 16, 2018, 5:28:19 PM
"
ceberus11 wrote:

Well POB give me 10600 damage per fireball (with 3 frenzy charges + 3 power charges and a lvl 21 Firestorm), then a fireball fall every 0.1 second along 2 seconds with a cast time of 2.86. So if we manage to sustain 3 stages of firestorm in a moment we got: 10600*10(because 1 fireball every 0.1 second)*3 = 318.000 dps(area damage) + 122.000 (Scorching Ray single target DPS) = 440.000 final single target DPS.

The problem here is that im assuming that every ball is hiting the same target and i dont know if this is possible (Concentrated Effect can help perhaps?)

Just needs some play testing to be sure. Even with CE a lot of the balls will probably miss. I'm guessing at least half or so.

"

- Another aspect to consider is that with only 10% (Harmony of Purpose) of giving us a frenzy, power or endurance charge, with the large number of hits per second that Firestorm can make at every enemy, we will have 3 of each charge all the time.

The thing is I don't know what we'd do with all those extra charges. We don't really get that much bonuses from the increased critical hits from power charges or the speed from frenzy charges. And for endurance charges, we'll often be capped anyway, if we are spamming enduring cry.

I guess there is the possibility of adding discharge as an extra dps boost to the build if it can be worked in, but hmm. Definitely worth, to see what can be done. Maybe, in the future they'll add an item that can make use good of all the extra charge generation.

"

I modified your tree a bit for a level 90 character (which is more realistic for a temporary league but it have less damage), but cap elemental resistances can be a problem (Endurance charges can help a bit):

https://pastebin.com/5nPmBmGc

Added to my tab. I'll keep it for reference.
(⌐■_■)
Hi, do you mind showing which Ascendancy points to take first?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info