[3.0] SonicSunder, FAST/BUDGET/BEGINNER, 7.5M DPS, FACETANK ALL BOSSES, 7 FRENZIES, VIDEOS

God, I love this build!! Most fun build I've ever played in POE.

I finally got all the pieces to complete the setup. Got lucky on the chest, picked up a 6 socket one for 1ex and 6-linked with just over 125 fusings!

BTW, XBOX version of the game is awesome. Enjoying it more than on the PC. Get to kick back and play on my big TV.

Cheers!
Hey dude great looking build. Been wanting to do a sunder build and will probably do this next. My only question is where are you getting the 7.5m dps from? The build looks great, but the speed you're dropping guardians and shaper isn't 7.5m dps wise, you would delete them. It's around the same speed my cyclone build was doing with around 1mil.
Last edited by coaa on Oct 30, 2017, 2:38:55 PM
7.5mill is mirror gear, videos are budget gear. You can see Heyu's gear in one of the comments, everything is pretty easily attainable. Hell, you can even kill gaurdians/shaper with bringer of rain/tabula. They're also not my videos, it's HEYU's. I do them much faster since I run guardians with abyssus.

The 7.5mill you can find with this PoB: https://pastebin.com/SL4DMRGv

Afaik it's pretty accurate, although you won't get 100% uptime 7.5mill DPS, because it's impossible to get 100% uptime punishment. ele weakness would be better. 100% uptime endurance / frenzies is possible with doedre's/enduring cry though.

With budget gear, 1-1.5mill DPS is pretty easily achievable.
Last edited by Xcise on Oct 31, 2017, 5:45:04 AM
Build looks really solid. Think I'll bookmark this for my next character.
Hi.Nice build.Is it better to invest in sunder dmg or attack speed on the helm enchant?
Alright boys.. Been using this build and its been really fun and fast. Levelled up like crazy..
Tier 15 maps are all easy. Like really easy, no problem at all.

The problem starts at guardians where I have been having alot of dificulties. Managed to kill Minotaur and Phoenix but died several times.
Its the first time ever i tried guardians and managed to get this far so I am pretty inexperienced.

I hit 6.3k life with belly and 5.5k with brass daume. The brass is only 5link tough =(

This is my gear. I know I need to get Taste of Hate flask.
I have a couple of things to sell, should get me around 300c. Will probably look into getting Taste of Hate.
What advices would you give me in order to upgrade my damage and ability to do guardians?
Should I try to get Abyssus? Change amulet?

Thanks alot for the build! Been really fun so far. Even a tabula, as the creator says, achieves great results in red maps =D
Main problem you're having atm is lack of HP/DPS for minotaur, and lack of flask/purity of fire for phoenix. For guardians/shaper, you need brass dome to facetank because of the no-crit aspect of the chest. By default, shaper/guardians have 230% crit multiplier, so you're getting more than 230% EHP. With more armour, the more EHP you have.

For Chimera, I just use abyssus and burst him down real quick, refreshing my flasks every phase. It's the easiest to do deathless.

For Phoenix, I also keep abyssus on for more clear speed. With fortify + purity of fire + overflowing chalice + doedre's + ruby flask will keep your flasks and frenzies up. With easy mods, you'll be able to farm spiked gloves and profit the most per hour.

For Minotaur, I either go abyssus and burst him down in 10 seconds, or portal out to refresh flasks. Or you can go rare helm and just face tank him with fortify up 100% of the time. Enduring cry is also an option for 100% endurance charge uptime.

For Hydra, I normally take abyssus off, which is why I don't like hydra the most. Boss phase also lags hard. I usually buy these fragments. I can facetank Hydra with purity of ice + fortify. If hard mods, taste of hate is needed.

For more information, check out the Shaper and guardians guide/tips:

SHAPER FACETANK
Gear/Links for facetank shaper:
Requirements

Stats for shaper: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Shaper

I have 6908HP while doing shaper with belt of the deceiver, and 7146HP with a rare belt.

Strategy:

Remember: Shaper will not use yellow balls if you are in melee range.
1) Cast blood rage and Ancestral protector to make sure both are up during the whole fight
2) Leap slam straight onto shaper to apply fortify
3) Cast enduring cry whenever the timer on your endurance charges drops low in duration
4) If Shaper uses shaper slam, pop Lion's roar, life flask + Taste of hate
5) If Shaper uses shaper beam, pop doedre's
6) Pop Overflowing chalice on mobs
7) Make sure you place the vortex balls outside or on the perimeter of zana bubble

For better clear speed, consider replacing culling strike with frenzy, although I don't recommend it. DPS is high enough that frenzy charges are just a bonus. We also don't really care about the vortex balls since we have such high life leech with warlord's.

Also, consider warlord's in CWDT with purity of ice.
Guardian tips
For Minotaur/Chimera, I recommend taking abyssus off, because abyssus causes 40% more phys damage taken. I personally still use abyssus for guardians for clear speed, but it's a lot more rippy.

Phoenix/Chimera is the easiest to facetank.

Phoenix gear setup: https://www.reddit.com/r/Xcise/comments/75gbf5/phoenix_guardian_guide_for_the_sunderserker_build/

Chimera facetank example: https://youtu.be/KNFmoM-aLz8?t=92
Minotaur with 7k life facetank: https://youtu.be/UqOzgpbsZUo?t=145
Facetank phoenix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2blCwrd-Xc4
You can facetank even hard mods with 7 endurances with enduring cry
No video yet for hydra facetank, but there will be one up soon.
GEAR I USED TO BEACHHEAD TO LV100
Beachheads are OP this patch, profitable + easy leveling.

(Special note, staunching flask is for corrupted blood, pretty much the only real danger in harbinger)
For regular mapping, change the staunching silver flask into a silver warding flask or overflowing chalice. If you are still using a tabula, consider using a silver curing flask, because porcupines + poison on hit damage over time will hurt a lot unless you have high armour (which then it'd tickle).
Last edited by Xcise on Nov 3, 2017, 5:05:37 AM
"
PangGblast wrote:
Hi.Nice build.Is it better to invest in sunder dmg or attack speed on the helm enchant?
sunder attack speed for clear speed (beachheads, red maps, guardians) (abyssus/rare with ias), sunder damage for shaper.
Been a long time since I hopped on POE and I’m loving all the new content. Trying your build out and loving it so far. I’m in Act 5 atm and just beat a Avarius. Are these bosses kind of overtuned? I mean I know I’m squishy as im using tabula but dang I’m getting annhilated by these bosses. Also is there a particular order for the ascension tree? I went for pain reaver first. Thanks for the build!
Clearly I'm doing something wrong. Any help is appreciated. Feels like I hit a wall against survivability in Act 5. My gear must absolutely awful. My resistances aren't capped. The damage seems good against everybody but bosses. The minor Gods are absolutely melting me. Any tips on how to better gear my character so I can survive? I'm liking Sunder a lot and don't want to give up now lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info