Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Show of hands - your input requested

"
Shazamarang wrote:
"
ripnburn69 wrote:
"
To jump into low level PvP you need to buy specific and often very expensive gear.

You talking about standard or what?

I would hardly call goldrims, elreon rings, and 1 chaos unique's, hard or expensive to get, in a challenge league. I have put a 20 chaos LLD build in the top 10 in every challenge league since forever.

Yes, I was referring to standard, however what I was talking about does generally apply to challenge leagues just to a lesser extent. Even if your build is only worth a small amount, 20 chaos or even an exalt, that's still currency spent on an area of the game that is for the most part irrelevant, and could be otherwise spent elsewhere. Even if it isn't a lot of currency for most, people will see it as a waste of investment as PvP has absolutely no returns.

Characters in standard will pretty much always be more powerful than characters in league when it comes to low level, especially when compared to a build with 20 chaos invested. I was talking about the absolute highest level, which is obviously not a build worth 20 chaos. I'm not trying to be arrogant, but a character with 20 chaos invested into it wouldn't last half a second against a standard-level PvP character.

And I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but top 10 in low level PvP, regardless of the league, isn't very impressive. When you're the in the top 10 out of maybe 20 people that isn't saying all that much. The ladder doesn't really matter that much for any category of PvP to be honest, except for maybe high level in standard, though all it really means there is who has the best cheese.

You are failing very hard at trying not to be arrogant and rude. You are saying a bunch of shite, everyone knows. If you want to sell pvp tell people to spend their exalts having fun, at the end of a league, instead of letting them rot on standard. I'm now running the no expense spared version of my 20 chaos LLD build, and it's really not that much better, damage wise. It's how you play it I guess.
God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
To be fair, it was quite likely a huge mistake for GGG to invest into LLD. There are actually very very few proper hard-to-counter arguments why they should have done that in the first place. Pvp would have been better off had they just invested straight into HLD.

GGG listened to a small number of people who had their niche thing going on instead of trying to create an intriguing solution for all the players of poe. I doubt they will make the same mistake again.
GGG invested into LLD because GGG loves noobs. Businesses always look at what could be vs. what is.

So lame :D
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Oct 25, 2017, 11:46:34 PM
Yeah, I definitely agree. I would have liked to see how it would have turned out if they invested more time into high level. Though I feel like because of the way the game has changed since then, we'd probably still be at the same point as we are now.
"
lapiz wrote:

GGG listened to a small number of people who had their niche thing going on instead of trying to create an intriguing solution for all the players of poe. I doubt they will make the same mistake again.

I'm so glad they invited Greendude, someone so invested in the pvp community or the game in general that he left years ago leaving everyone dealing with his shit for eternity.

Well played GGG, well played...
Imagine without this pvp patch, maybe we would still get T-value every now and then.

I believe one of main reason they don t care anymore is some sort of shame from this pvp patch disaster.

GGG might be too much sensitive on the subject. Look at the 4 years of poe manifesto, no word about the pvp patch at all even tho it was some big work for them with plenty of pvp uniques released and all.

Yea blame those who pushed for LLD instead of HLD.

I don t comprehend this, an arpg is about loot and progression it make no sense to stop at low level to pvp. MAjority of people would try pvp in HLD not at level 28 when they are still trying to kill the first major boss.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Oct 26, 2017, 6:57:52 AM
"
theD4nk0wl wrote:
+1 I guess. There are obvious T-value things that really shouldn't be hard for ggg to address.. But at the same time how do they fix the bigger issues? It's a giant black hole from what i can tell. Blight is the devil but it stops ea zerphi atm. kill zerphi and scale back blight, what do they do for melee? Kill aoe so it can never hit for secondary overlaps. Yay melee can get to ranged chars. Ok what kills block? Nerf block again even though its already a weak layer in pve. Ok fine just scale block value down in PvP. We already have plenty of block pen that isn't it. How do you kill a fully dedicated tank then? It really does need a massive retuning for everyone to be happy, and that takes more than a little attention. The entire way dmg is scaled would just have to be gutted and redone. Im on board for that but it starts with getting more people to play. You been here since day one guys would have to come over to league show off a few builds and coach a bunch of nubbins up.

imagine a loot based, gear grinding game where there is nothing to put your gear and abilities to test, and has nothing that requires exceptionally good gear to be achieved.

also imagine a game, which it's economical architecture is so bad that requires to be wiped out every 3 months.

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Oct 26, 2017, 7:28:24 AM
"
Rupenus wrote:

also imagine a game, which it's economical architecture is so bad that requires to be wiped out every 3 months.

That's actually a pretty good feature. I used to hate temp leagues but really once you start playing them, it grow on you really fast. There is something really fun in planning a character from scratch and slowly building it to Openess. Once you get enough currency, you can you just buy most of the BiS stuff and destroy the game with one finger wich is pretty boring.

Really, from a PvE point of view, PoE is really good if you play it as a casual (meaning coming back from time to time and not burning you out in 2 days). For hardcore gamers, I reckon they gonna add something like D3 rifts, some kind of endless dungeon that's getting harder and harder the further you go in. Streamers will love it and it also fit the console playstyle very well.

It's just that they entirely gave up on the pvp part of the game because :

1 - It's too fucked up to get properly fixed without a massive amount of time and resources.
2 - There is no real crowd for that as shown by the 2 pvp leagues who failed miserably
3 - There is no way to give prizes (real or in game) becauses they can't control RMT. This cancel any possibility of the game being popular from an Esport point of view which is all the matter in PvP Games design those days.
4 - They'd need to check how every new content interact with the pvp part of the game for ever.
Last edited by IceDeal on Oct 26, 2017, 2:12:07 PM
Temp league is super boring unless youplay hardcore. There is nothing much added compared to standard and sc economy after 2 weeks is even worth than std.

About the E-sport value/competitivity of poe, this was an argument years ago but look at what they did with races. Clearly they don t give a fuck about anything competitive anymore.

About pvp, at that point with all the shit like death doors or pathfinder flask ailments I don t see why we could not also have an elem reflect item to fuck with 1hp offscreeners.

Anyway, let s hope this new helm in the today announce is not a reskinned version of the infamous -20% fire resist helm lel
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Oct 26, 2017, 1:51:28 PM
"
Head_Less wrote:

Anyway, let s hope this new helm in the today announce is not a reskinned version of the infamous -20% fire resist helm lel

Haha yeah I went straight to poe.db to see if it was the same artwork, it would be hilarious if it was finally released ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info