3.0.2 Hotfix

Thanks ! :)
"
The spectre skill gem is suddenly and without warning the only skill gem in the game which you simply cannot use as planned. It is tantamount to giving barrage users persistent bows, with the caveat that the bows could die and must first be found in specific maps.

You have succeeded in seriously damaging two gems (raise spectre and desecrate), an entire playstyle, and your reputation as transparent communicators.

I've been here playing this game since before 1.0. One of my favourite characters is a spectre summoner, and yeah, this is crap, but you know what? It'll take a lot more than this to put their reputation in jeopardy for me. They always come through. That's why I'm still here. May I suggest you remember that it's their job to make a great game, so they're not gonna fuck this up, but also that they're real, live people there, not robots? Don't add to whatever shit they're already dealing with. They know.

"
Kind of new, this is my first time experiencing this with Path of Exile. Do we just lose all the work we did for that hour? All the drops, trades, sales, and etc?

I don't remember this actually happening before - they're usually really great about this stuff, but what I know about managing websites is only a sliver of what it must be like to run this game infrastructure, and things break sometimes, especially with complex systems.
More hymns for Cassia when?
Is there a gonna be some compensation for all of us that lost loot on rollback??? Think its a bit messed up to do a rollback because some people lost their crafted stuff, so everyone else farming for that for those 30 mins loose all their stuf, there should been a better way to fix problem than just rolling back the servers back 30 mins so everyone is getting punished. Dont think its a fair way of treating the players of this game.

I personnally lost 2 exalts, map drops, and a fuck ton of currency. :(

But i do love this game, and gonna keep playing, and u guys are doing a great job (except handling this), and i want u guys to keep making this the best loot game in the world :P

Btw, didnt get an ingame warning either about rollback.

Kind regards a poe addict. :)
Languages...
Reminds me of how i added a beg n brag section about hopefully upcoming language patches in every mail exchanged with ggg that i can think of.

This is probably the best news ever with the 10 acts update ranking 2nd.
Totally love this as ive seen far too many people quitting or refusing to even get into the game over the years due to this unnecessary limitation.

Im really sad that i missed the announcement for upcoming language patches, because as much as i like to ignore grammar online, im sure i couldve done some things better than what im afraid we are going to see by the 1st looks so far.

I noticed 2 general issues looking at just the patchnote and trying to do 1 trade already.

I 1st switched languages to help reporting as many typeoes, bud grhammar etc. as possible and make it easier for people to understand, but it only took 2 lines of the patchnote to run into the 1st general issue.

You are clearly trying TOO hard to translate a lot of things word after word.
Thats never a good way to do it.
Finish reading the entire sentence, THEN start translating.
This isnt live on tv, theres no need for the usually worse outcome that a translation done this way will result in.

Translating "spectres/orbs/..." and such things is simply BAD.
Noone knows what "sphären" or such things are supposed to be, as its simply not a term anyone would ever use to describe these.
It would make more sense to simply explain what an orb is,
(alt/shift helpers your already using to explain Terms like "recent")
than having to bother with some even less helpful term in your own language.
That only causes confusion the moment you try to talk with other players using a diferent Version.
Even if thats what a dictionary might try to tell you, its simply "wrong" in a way that it feels bad, sounds bad, and makes little sense regardless of being the most accurate word by word translation maybe.

Noone sane would try to come up with lets say a german version of "skateboard".
Or english versions of most these foreign words that somehow made it into english dictionaries.
They made it in there for a reason.

Try to translate to whatever, then translate that bad outcome back to english.
You get the usual "letter salad" you find when reading cheap manuals done by lazy or even incapable people and their useless online translators.
Its funny as hell often enough, but rarely ever really help/useful.

MY personal Problem im already seeing here, is having to double and triple check when trying to explain things in spanish/french/german to people while playing the game in english myself.
When we have 10 different terms for things that dont need and dont "want" to be translated, its only going to make things worse.

Another hopefully minor issue im running into, is that every price in my stash simply disappears when switching languages.
You need to fix this so it actually keeps my "english pricetags" for any other language aswell.

This made me wonder why i see this after 1 minute, but noone testing it bothered to simply fix it before release.
But then again, its just a simple line of code to add or Change most likely.
Im far more worried about the general approach you seem to be taking for the localizations here.

Nonetheless, best news ever.
I might actually start buying packs and skill efects again, instead of just an occasional stash upgrade every couple of leagues.

Thanks .. I got my lvl 77 Flame Sentinels .. and as I find higher level ones I can grab them.
Just do your research on where your type of spectre spawns, capture them .. and play.
Translations are tricky, indeed.
I was just testing the german language option. Except of all item-names beeing three times longer, there are some mistakes. I just played for about 2 minutes and words like "gemme", instead of "edelstein" or "stein" appeared. maybe keeping it a bit more simple is enough.
but thanks for trying ^^"
arg... also, "sell items" was translated into "taking the storms" or something like that... not that well...
It would be also very nice if you guys stop translating NAMES, why would you even do that? I'm so sick of trying to understand who my friends refer to when they for example call shavronne "shalastia", like wth
It was such a fun playing Spetre build before that patch. It was pain in terms of DC or game crash as specteres were disapering but now that build is completly unplayble as I'm running from morning doing 40+ maps and I can't find my fauvorite monsters. GGG you can't expect us necromancers to change colours in our gear to acomodate monsters from maps as now we have no choice , we have to play with whatever is on the map , having to change skill gems every 10 min. Never heard of that in other builds.

GGG please bring desecrate back as it was before 3.02
Last edited by JustkaVIP on Oct 12, 2017, 10:13:41 AM
"
JustkaVIP wrote:
It was such a fun playing Spetre build before that patch. It was pain in terms of DC or game crash as specteres were disapering but now that build is completly unplayble as I'm running from morning doing 40+ maps and I can't find my fauvorite monsters. GGG you can't expect us necromancers to change colours in our gear to acomodate monsters from maps as now we have no choice , we have to play with whatever is on the map , having to change skill gems every 10 min. Never heard of that in other builds.

GGG please bring desecrate back as it was before 3.02

This is what the community wants.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info