[3.6] Zombiemancer - High Survivability - End Game Viable

/dell
Last edited by blackstail on Dec 12, 2018, 2:09:37 PM
Thank you for your guide. I have made a first time summoner build this league but having a hard time being squishy. I am running spectres, herald of agony, zombies and skellies though so its allot. Clear speed is fast but I just feel like it will struggle in harder maps especially with low life.

My question is can I get into this build on a 2ex budget? I would like to try this out for it seems much more tanky and safer, but I am slow to accumulate currency so I wanted to know if I could get into yellow/red maps on a fairly low budget and then throw more currency at the build once I start getting more?
"
krut0n wrote:
My question is can I get into this build on a 2ex budget?

I did that build on exactly a 2ex budget as this was my second character after I started playing PoE. I do have a 6 links (farmed it myself, my only one actually) but even without, the build was overwhelmingly safe and powerful.

I haven't tried Shaper yet, but any content I've done (Elder regardless of color, breachlords, guardians, Atziri, maps up to T14 since I hadn't completed my atlas yet) has been annihilated by the build on the 2ex budget (so before I even got the 6L). Uber lab's Atziri can barely land 2 hits in each fight, his dog is a joke...

It seems to converge comfortably toward 1 million shaper dps (without flasks or anything that isn't up 100% of the time) if I understand the zombie dps calculations at least, and the 10/11k HP/ES is a god-send.

I was however patient with it. I took around 2/3 days to gather all the necessary items at a good price and it might be a little harder to get shaper's gloves in the league. By comparison, I bought everything 2 months ago in standard and it is my understanding that standard prices are supposed to be high, yet it still only cost me 2 ex.

edit: Oooh god I was wrong, even uncorrupted Shaper's touch are dirt cheap in the league compared to Standard even that early. I might even by some to try my hand at getting the proper corruption.
Last edited by Aesahethr on Dec 12, 2018, 6:54:02 PM
I have 2x of 1% reduced mana reserved on my Violent Dead with 15% dmg, and I can use Haste + Hatred with 36 mana left. This lets me use an extra convocation because a lot of times, i take too little damage and my zombies don't catch up (maybe because i'm using item rarity gem so i'm missing minion movement speed) and I can have flame dash and a summon holy relic on an unset ring (i managed to get some sweet strength gear so i can afford a socket ring)

However with exactly 36 mana, I could not spam flame dash. The mana regen couldn't keep up, and I had around 0.2sec of gap inbetween each flame dash, and I think sometimes I hear "I don't have enough mana" from my CwDT combos.

I respeced some passives (took out some minion leech/life because my zombies literally do not die) into the Quick Recovery nodes (original tree plan), and I can now do the 3x flame dash combo (i'm level 90)

so if you're doing the 2x reduced mana jewlery (which frees up your Enlightenment gem), keep in mind that you'll have around 30-40 mana left in your pool. I think covo itself uses 20-25 mana? Yeah, you risk not being able to CWDT because you're constantly shield charging. I think the Quick recovery nodes fixes this problem though.
Last edited by mjaaay on Dec 12, 2018, 10:52:02 PM
"
mjaaay wrote:
I have 2x of 1% reduced mana reserved on my Violent Dead with 15% dmg, and I can use Haste + Hatred with 36 mana left. This lets me use an extra convocation because a lot of times, i take too little damage and my zombies don't catch up (maybe because i'm using item rarity gem so i'm missing minion movement speed) and I can have flame dash and a summon holy relic on an unset ring (i managed to get some sweet strength gear so i can afford a socket ring)

However with exactly 36 mana, I could not spam flame dash. The mana regen couldn't keep up, and I had around 0.2sec of gap inbetween each flame dash, and I think sometimes I hear "I don't have enough mana" from my CwDT combos.

I respeced some passives (took out some minion leech/life because my zombies literally do not die) into the Quick Recovery nodes (original tree plan), and I can now do the 3x flame dash combo (i'm level 90)

so if you're doing the 2x reduced mana jewlery (which frees up your Enlightenment gem), keep in mind that you'll have around 30-40 mana left in your pool. I think covo itself uses 20-25 mana? Yeah, you risk not being able to CWDT because you're constantly shield charging. I think the Quick recovery nodes fixes this problem though.

Spells triggered from CwDT require no mana; you can see for yourself by reserving 100% of your mana and taking enough damage to trigger CwDT.

I never find the need to ever cast Flame Dash more than once since I use it once to cross an obstacle and immediately go back to Shield Charging, and the tree with no investment in mana regen is enough to sustain constant Shield Charge spam.
"
phirefor wrote:
"
mjaaay wrote:

Spells triggered from CwDT require no mana; you can see for yourself by reserving 100% of your mana and taking enough damage to trigger CwDT.

I never find the need to ever cast Flame Dash more than once since I use it once to cross an obstacle and immediately go back to Shield Charging, and the tree with no investment in mana regen is enough to sustain constant Shield Charge spam.

Ah I see, thanks for the info. In that case, reduced mana from jewelry seems to be the way to go. Being able to skip out on enlightenment is a pretty big deal (get a free gem slot)

How hard is it to cap resistances on this build? It seems your only left with two rings, belt, and shield. I am concerned I won't have enough currency to cap resists in the end and it will fall apart. Just curious for those that made this build how hard or expensive it was to cap their resists since this build is so dependent upon uniques.
"
krut0n wrote:
How hard is it to cap resistances on this build? It seems your only left with two rings, belt, and shield. I am concerned I won't have enough currency to cap resists in the end and it will fall apart. Just curious for those that made this build how hard or expensive it was to cap their resists since this build is so dependent upon uniques.

You need around 65% total resistances per rare item, not counting the 12% all res from Spirit Offering.
"
You need around 65% total resistances per rare item, not counting the 12% all res from Spirit Offering.

I looked up your numbers on resists from the gear you suggested and doesn't actually seem to bad to obtain. If you cannot afford an empower 4 gem should you even try this build? What can you reasonably map up to without having a leveled empower?
"
krut0n wrote:
"

I looked up your numbers on resists from the gear you suggested and doesn't actually seem to bad to obtain. If you cannot afford an empower 4 gem should you even try this build? What can you reasonably map up to without having a leveled empower?

You can map all tiers without an Empower, the setup i recommend in the guide is to cover all parts of the game. Empower is there to make your Zombies survive endgame content like Shaper and Uber Elder.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info