Path of Exile vs Diablo 3 2017

I love both games tbh. Im huge Diablo nerd, spent almost all childhood killing mephisto and baal on my sorcs in Diablo 2, soe i have huge nostalgy when it comes to Diablo 3 even with it flaws its a great game and i always hop on the new season wagon. Tho i always at most play D3 for 2-3 weeks tops, to get new season rewards etc and grind some grifts. When it comes to Poe im in total love, i play it everyday for 12+ hours and can never stop, its just so good.
D3 is still newish to me so I still play when season starts but you can do what you need to there in about a week if you are experienced. PoE? Takes forever. I play all the time anyway because I always find something new to do unlike D3. I don't know why the seasons are so damned long in D3.
Censored.
"
gandhar0 wrote:
My personal rank:
1) PoE
2) TL2
3) D3

Not tested Grim Dawn yet, but i liked Titan Quest. Maybe worth a try.

Also don't forget Path of Diablo that hybrids D2 with PoE.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Ones dogshit
Ones not

oh jee that was so hard.

Extremely unclear which is which.
One thing that I didn't cover in both games was the economy of each game. I didn't mind the D3s auction house but I know that it was a problem as people would just play that AH instead of the game. D3 now trading is pretty useless and I don't even waste my time with it. PoE economy is still confusing as hell to me, i'm not a big fan of trying to trade on PoE. I wish they would come up with something better than what they have. What do you guys think?
"
KatKira wrote:
"
Ones dogshit
Ones not

oh jee that was so hard.

Extremely unclear which is which.

Well that's on you.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I would call D3 a pile of shit but I don't want to insult piles of shit.
Standard Forever
After so many years, IM still waiting for the PVP i paid for in diablo 3.
IGN : Relithh , Stronkberry
I play both.

Diablo 3 is fun for 2-3 weeks when a new season start.
In this time I full equip my character and run him into the Top 500.

After that back to POE bcs it has way more depth, endgame, BIS item farming, trading, diversity....etc.

D3 after a point contains only +5 mainstat farming and thats prety boring...and thats the point where I quit (mostly after 2-3 weeks). ;)
Last edited by CroDanZ on Oct 19, 2017, 4:49:23 AM
Diablo 3 is a great introduction to the Arpg genre. Easy to follow and the skill tree doesn't require much thought. Very thought out history and story line so to go through the game for the first time is great. After that though horrible. Grinding for gear over the same areas time and time again with no real replayability. Like I said fun the first time but after that limited builds get you to a competitive level so after a few runs in adventure mode and rifts it simply meh.

Grim Dawn is also a great game. Relatively easy to pick up (but more complicated than Diablo due to the crafting and devotion points) however nothing a fairly experienced gamer would have problems with sorting out. Great single player mode (just finished GD's latest expansion which was quite nice to be honest) with ok story...probably weakest of the three franchises but ok. Quite a bit of variety build wise with two skill classes on offer as an option. Multi player not so good and Crate needs to work on this quite bit more if they want to compete in the online multi player arpg market. However rate this game over D3 by a fair amount.

POE is also a great game. Harder to pick up though (with its undefined skill web) however any experienced gamer will chomp at the bit for the possibilities it brings. Story line ok, not as rich as Diablo however with its cultural influence (yes, I am from NZ and can see Maori influence all over the game) it makes the game and story completely unique. 10 acts of content plus maps plus ascendency pretty much blow both Diablo and GD out of the water for content (and sadly leaves me with the question of why did Blizzard not do this with D2 when they had the formula right?). POE is the superior seasoned arpg gamers game. Offers stack loads of content, replayability (multi and single player) and build diversity. Also it is for free.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info