*-*[3.1] Reflect Freeze / 75% Regen / 4000 LGoH / 70% block WinterStrike Chieftain*-* [Shaper]

"
link1313 wrote:
"
b_corner wrote:
"
Kikuichi wrote:
Hey simple question, how do you get a lvl 70 auxium belt? All i can found are 79, and i suppose i need the belt to get frozen cause right now i'm never frozen even with the 15% cold.

My Auxium belt changed from requiring lvl79 to requiring only lvl70 upon receiving the 4% increased AoE corrupt implicit.

The first Auxium I corrupted did not change, and retained the level requirement of 79.

Thanks for confirming!

Ok guys molten strike is super strong for bosses but let's face it mapping could be faster.

I think I'm going to test ngamhu's axe tonight with cyclone (it will still convert to 100% fire with AoF and the molten burst projectiles from it still use iron grip/point blank). On paper the DPS of ngamhu's axe with molten burst is similar to the claw while frozen (obviously we would lose a lot of life gain on hit and block but our regen /leech may be enough).

Could also replace the wildfire fire jewels with something else (more reckless defense maybe)

I'll post the results later should be interesting. Spectral throw might work too.

My suggestion:
https://pastebin.com/acMUidYX

-resists should always be capped without flasks
-celestial punishment wouldn't work because you went with elemental focus support (cannot inflict ailments)
-better to get scion life wheel then herbalism and thick skin because you waste points on +10 dex nodes not needed along the way.
-need reckless defense jewels to get frozen
-need 15% physical taken as cold mod on armor to get frozen
-need auxium belt instead of belt of the deceiver to get frozen
-fire penetration is better than physical projectile attack damage
Last edited by link1313 on Oct 25, 2017, 10:12:06 PM
After playing this build a bit, I have the following thoughts:
1. I use devoto instead of abyssus since it doesn't increase the physical damage taken, which sometimes' very dangerous when being in the middle of monster packs. It also allows me to drop faster attack and use immolate. Also the movement speed is nice.

2. Switched off hand claw for doryani's catalyst. On POB the damage is slightly higher when frozen and much higher when not frozen. Technology dual catalysts is even better but then I can't use whirling blade.

Overall, a solid boss kill build. Boss killing becomes the easy part while mapping is more dangerous and slow. The leveling from 70 and beyond is quite painful though. For those who want to get frozen at lv70 must have at least 4 reckless jewels in passive tree for reliable chance to get frozen(and of course the chest is a must). I have also tried frost blade with cold to fire and wild strike for mapping. Frost blade works ok but wild strike doesn't.
If i were to add both Greater Multiple Projectiles AND Lesser , or just gmp,
which gem(s) you recommend to remove from Molten Strike's supports??:)
and i believe it would make the LGOH even more than 4K yes? 4k is overkill anyway but i just wanna do it :)
especially since Dying Sun ruby is expensive,i only had one in standard a while ago but traded it, peopel should use GMP and/or LMP ,good suggestion yes?
Last edited by thegamingkage on Nov 19, 2017, 7:22:00 AM
What do you think about this new shield in this build?

https://i.redd.it/s0q8njr2n6201.jpg

It seems like we could make it freeze everything we attack but it would remove the freeze from us but then we would freeze everything again. hmmmmm
Last edited by Orbitalx on Dec 6, 2017, 11:47:59 AM
I'm doing my own take on that build, using everything standard has to offer. Hoping to hit 6 000 life by the end of month. My character is public if you wanna take a look at it.

Thank you for the inspiration!
Hi man, I started your Abyss League build and I got lucky in the drops and closed it fast, but I feel a need for improvement in DPS, my profile is open, could you help me or tell me if there is anything to improve on your build for 3.1 ? Like Ancestral Call, it looks good. Thank you
Hey Man,

i try this Build at the Abyss League atm. Its really well, but i think my Panthen "Soul of Arakaali" doesnt work...

Thats my EQ atm hopefully you can help me :)

Best Regards
"
Hi man, I started your Abyss League build and I got lucky in the drops and closed it fast, but I feel a need for improvement in DPS, my profile is open, could you help me or tell me if there is anything to improve on your build for 3.1 ? Like Ancestral Call, it looks good. Thank you

I can't see your character, can you make public?
Sent via pm but it may help those using build for 3.1.:

I'm doing another build at the moment and making a guide I can't update the self freeze one at the moment.

For 3.1 what I think is good for it:
-ancestral call is perfect to add for aoe and when facing bosses if they have packs around them.

-watchers eye jewel with immunity to ignite with purity of fire (drop herald of ash to make room for it) is very very cool. I would probably use that and switch classes from chieftain to juggernaut and switch boots from kaom's roots to death's door (for 50% increased ailment duration on self and therefore on enemies too). Not having immunity to ignite was the only reason I couldn't go juggernaut before because being ignited would stop soul of arakaali

Other than those two changes all other items and skills would be the same

"
link1313 wrote:
Sent via pm but it may help those using build for 3.1.:

I'm doing another build at the moment and making a guide I can't update the self freeze one at the moment.

For 3.1 what I think is good for it:
-ancestral call is perfect to add for aoe and when facing bosses if they have packs around them.

-watchers eye jewel with immunity to ignite with purity of fire (drop herald of ash to make room for it) is very very cool. I would probably use that and switch classes from chieftain to juggernaut and switch boots from kaom's roots to death's door (for 50% increased ailment duration on self and therefore on enemies too). Not having immunity to ignite was the only reason I couldn't go juggernaut before because being ignited would stop soul of arakaali

Other than those two changes all other items and skills would be the same

What about poison ? It is still dot and its gery common now?
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info