*-*[3.1] Reflect Freeze / 75% Regen / 4000 LGoH / 70% block WinterStrike Chieftain*-* [Shaper]

I love your base idea with the ring, amulet, belt, chest, and boots. ='D

Here are some questions and issue I'm curious about.

1) I see you mention Soul of Arakaali a lot, especially the 50% faster recovery when you STOP taking DoT recently. It's a cool interatction, but how are you expecting to have it being activated all the time? Is it something you cause yourself?

2) Molten strike getting bigger aoe does increase the hit box of the balls, but also spreads them out more making single target overlap less likely. They have a travel distance of 5-20 units. With 50% inc aoe, this becomes 5-30 units (the 5 is set according to the wiki).

3) Immunity to ignite: I read 2-3x and still don't understand how this helps. Please explain further?

Numbers 1) and 3) look to be related in your explanation, but I think I'm missing something. Thanks!

Edit:
What about a version with Scolds Bridle instead of the Izarro's Dilemmas? Can you see that working to get the regen going?
ign crixus_sabr
Last edited by litesabr on Oct 8, 2017, 7:50:18 PM
Would you say this build relies on taking physical damage?

And if so, is it bad versus bosses?
DO you freeze or chill mobs/boss consistently so hypothermia could be a could gem candidate ?
"
litesabr wrote:

Edit:
What about a version with Scolds Bridle instead of the Izarro's Dilemmas? Can you see that working to get the regen going?
(not sure how Izaro's dilemma and scolds conflict, but)

I've been looking at this for a while, and self freezing is very hard. You need Scolds to deal physical damage to you, an essence chest to take it as cold, Auxium(or CI) to lower the freeze threshold, and Shackles of the wretched to curse yourself with frostbite, as the self hits don't crit or inherit your chance to freeze(afaik). Weapon swapping an essence of insanity weapon and a heartbound loop is also an option.

I think scolds with hp runs up to 200 mana a cast, with a 14% chance to freeze.

I put together a CI build that can do it consistently, but I couldn't work out a way to deal damage at the same time.

I think this thread I made lists everything involved at least once. Though I really should put the workable CI I made on there.
Last edited by Duodecimus on Oct 9, 2017, 9:36:35 PM
Ah, that makes sense about the Scolds Bridle.

"
Duodecimus wrote:
I think this thread I made lists everything involved at least once. Though I really should put the workable CI I made on there.

I still don't understand how you're triggering Arakaali's faster recovery. To my thinking, if you're being ignited but are immune, you were never ignited. Are you saying that you actually were ignited but it stopped immediately because of immunity and still triggers Arakaali?

That's the only thing I can think of based on your explanation. If that's not it, then I'm failing at PoE today. =(
ign crixus_sabr
Last edited by litesabr on Oct 8, 2017, 8:59:15 PM
"
litesabr wrote:
"
Duodecimus wrote:

I still don't understand how you're triggering Arakaali's faster recovery. To my thinking, if you're being ignited but are immune, you were never ignited. Are you saying that you actually were ignited but it stopped immediately because of immunity and still triggers Arakaali?

That's the only thing I can think of based on your explanation. If that's not it, then I'm failing at PoE today. =(

Self-triggered due to the CWDT setup. Whenever Immortal Call goes off, it turns off blood rage, which will then get reactivated next time CWDT triggers
jeezus
10/10
thanks, author
Glacial Hammer now has 3-5% Chance to Poison on the character select screen.
how important are the reckless defence jewels? they are expensive right now and u use 5 of them on the build
"
Halinn wrote:
Self-triggered due to the CWDT setup. Whenever Immortal Call goes off, it turns off blood rage, which will then get reactivated next time CWDT triggers

Ahh, I've been trying to figure out ways to trigger it. LOVE THAT IDEA! Thanks!
ign crixus_sabr
Last edited by litesabr on Oct 8, 2017, 10:30:35 PM
Clever build, I love it.

FYI, you can use the Molten Strike DPS Calculator to get the true DPS for Molten Strike. It takes into account AoE, hitboxes, the deadzone, number of balls, point blank effects, etc.
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info