[3.0] The Immortal Gladiator - Super Tanky Bulid For All Content, Updated with Uber Atziri Video

"
Sabrink wrote:
How well does this Build work as 5L ? It looks interesting, and i am willing to spend my left currency on all the stuff but i can't afford the 6L Perfect Form for now. Getting till T15 would be okay for me.

Anyway great guide, a pleasant read!

While this build excels in defenses, damage is the area where you'll really need as much as you can get. I haven't tested it out much with 5L, but I would say it wouldn't feel nearly as good as a 6L.
"
Linxios wrote:
"
Kruton wrote:
What about Kintsugi for a chest? Does it's gimmick work well with iron Reflexes?

The Perfect Form just adds so much to the build that I think, along with The Surrender, it's one of the two irreplaceable pieces. While Kintsugi is great for a lot of evasion/block builds, in this case it just doesn't provide as much mitigation as the Perfect Form.

Be careful with Kintsugi with respect to hit mechanics. I believe that once evade and dodge has failed a hit is scored (sourced needed). Then the chance to block that hit is rolled. Since this builds primary mode of defense (arguably) is block, we are basically always being "hit" (and subsequently blocking). Therefore the cooldown on Kintsugi's "not been hit recently" rarely elapses so we never get the 20% less damage buff.

I suspect this is the case because I run punishment and it appears to have similar mechanics to Kintsugi. Once I curse a mob I am granted the buff on hit regardless if I block their attack or if I take damage (I have tested this). Punishment grants the buff "on hit" so I assume that Kintsugi would behave similarly. Therefore it would be a very very poor choice for block builds!

Last edited by Hamdrew on Oct 18, 2017, 7:47:13 PM
"
Linxios wrote:
"
Sabrink wrote:
How well does this Build work as 5L ? It looks interesting, and i am willing to spend my left currency on all the stuff but i can't afford the 6L Perfect Form for now. Getting till T15 would be okay for me.

Anyway great guide, a pleasant read!

While this build excels in defenses, damage is the area where you'll really need as much as you can get. I haven't tested it out much with 5L, but I would say it wouldn't feel nearly as good as a 6L.

Already imagined that this will be the problem. Anyway i really like the idea so i will just see how much i can get together and simply test it. It's my first league so nothing to lose :)
Thanks for posting this build. I started leveling with this and was able to complete all 10 acts deathless using the budget version. The only 2 uniques I had managed to get by the time I killed A10 Kitava were The Surrender and The Anvil. I look forward to mapping with it and acquiring more of the gear.
Glad to see someone come up with a Varunastra/Surrender/Red Nightmare build for 3.0! I ran a Cospri's Will version of this for Breach and Legacy and it was a blast. With dual curse, max block, free poison and double dipping, it was crazy fun melting everything in sight. After the nerfs to poison and double dipping, i figured the build was shot. After seeing your guide, I grabbed a Perfect Form to try it out on my old character and can say it's solid. I tried it with and without Faster Attacks and personally like it better using FA. Blade Flurry always seems to hit too slow for me at lower attack speed. Just my opinion! Thanks for putting together a great guide!
Got 22 ex and red nightmare, is that enough for end-game gear?

Also what do you recommend for leveling?
Last edited by Millennium on Oct 28, 2017, 7:19:25 PM
Greatest build! I almost made it to 99 lvl with Reave. It feels smoother than BF for regular mapping.
Btw I experiment with using Grace and Determination (Enlighten 4 lvl) for even greater survivability, cause damage feels enough especially with Headhunter. I got 65k armor unbuffed, 90-100k buffed.
Is the Taste of Hate adequate for Freeze Removal, or do you just tank damage while frozen?
How it go with new patches will be better?
Its really interesting build and its look awesome,wanna try this on new league! Ty for ur work!)
Just few questions, do u try another gem setup for attack skill? I mean how about use phys to light(this one give to us 30% extra dmg)+addfire+elem dmg. At the first look with this setup we can obtain more dmg then with reccomend setup and ofcourse its easy to get increased elem dmg on our jewellery+rustic sash, so total from equip min 80% increased our ele dmg and its a huge boost.

And why atziri steps, just for sinergy evesion to armour(for spell block without a sense, beacause we have passive from glad block=spell block)? Why not use kaoms for unstun/unfreeze?

Any opinions about that?

Brgds)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info