[3.0] The Immortal Gladiator - Super Tanky Bulid For All Content, Updated with Uber Atziri Video

"
Build has been super fun, very tanky. Was pretty lucky and able to pick up BF enchant on helm

Thank you for the upvote and glad that you're enjoying the build as well! Yep that is the ideal helm enchant for the build. I ran Uber lab 12 times yesterday and couldn't even get the boots enchant I wanted and stopped in disgust. Maybe I'll try a few more runs today to see if I can get some luck too.
Last edited by Linxios on Oct 7, 2017, 12:44:14 PM
pew took a while collecting gear. This is definitely not a budget friendly build. Required unique is pretty hard to get. But I'm finally getting it.

Spoiler

I got really lucky offcolouring my chest. The unique jewel Red Nightmare is extremely high price, like 10 to 11 ex in current softcore Harbinger. I'm not recommended to get it if you want to running budget.
My accessories is kind of average you can get better one in poe.trade

I haven't fully testing the build in map. I'm getting all the gear first because personally preference.

So hopefully the build is going to run perfectly and I am looking forward to pushing the endgame content.
Spoiler
"
masonzeng wrote:
pew took a while collecting gear. This is definitely not a budget friendly build. Required unique is pretty hard to get. But I'm finally getting it.

Spoiler

I got really lucky offcolouring my chest. The unique jewel Red Nightmare is extremely high price, like 10 to 11 ex in current softcore Harbinger. I'm not recommended to get it if you want to running budget.
My accessories is kind of average you can get better one in poe.trade

I haven't fully testing the build in map. I'm getting all the gear first because personally preference.

So hopefully the build is going to run perfectly and I am looking forward to pushing the endgame content.

Looks good!

One quick suggestion: Socket both blind and culling strike in the shield instead of Varunastra, that way they both support the lvl 30 Reckoning skill that the Surrender provides, basically free chance to blind and cull every time you block. For Endgame bosses I also switch out stone golem for enduring cry to make keeping up endurance charges more consistent.
Last edited by Linxios on Oct 7, 2017, 8:19:53 PM
what is the reason you use formless inferno in this build?
"
what is the reason you use formless inferno in this build?

Formless Inferno is used as an efficient method of reaching effective levels of armor.

As everyone knows armor is pretty useless you stack a ton of it, which is usually done by picking Juggernaut and using a high armor chest piece like the Brass Dome, but that's obviously a non-starter for a max block char. What we do have though is a lot of base armor from the Surrender, nearly 3100 (with increased shield defense nodes) and 4600 on block, so just need a way of scaling it.

The Formless Inferno not only has high base armor itself, but also offers an easy way of scaling armor by using uncapped fire resistance, which we'll need to pick up quite a bit of anyways to boost the bonus to the Red Nightmare. This also allows us to make use of fire resistance mods on items even beyond the resist cap, a normally "wasted" mod. My character is currently at 181% uncapped fire resist, which allows me to reach just over 26k armor unbuffed, and over 50k armor fully buffed, all without spending a single passive point on a pure armor node. The 8% of physical damage taken as fire on the helm is also helpful against the biggest physical hits.

In terms of effectiveness, against a 5,000 physical damage incoming hit 25k armor is good for 33% mitigation and 50k armor is good for 50% mitigation, and unlike fortify + endurance charges (which this build also uses), armor is "always on", so it makes for a very forgiving style of gameplay even if the other buffs happen to fall off. For many builds this level of physical mitigation is probably around what basalt flask + granite flask can provide, for this build it's the baseline.
Last edited by Linxios on Oct 7, 2017, 10:51:25 PM
I must be missing something very obvious, but how do you have any evasion chance with Iron Reflexes? I combed through the guide and the POB, but I really must be missing something, lol.

Great build, BTW. XD
"
poepoe091 wrote:
I must be missing something very obvious, but how do you have any evasion chance with Iron Reflexes? I combed through the guide and the POB, but I really must be missing something, lol.

Great build, BTW. XD

Ah, that's from the Blind support gem, which can proc off every reckoning hit. At 20/20 the gem gives a 10% chance for a 6.3 sec blind with reckoning on a 0.4 second cooldown. As you can see from the videos even against single bosses they'll be blinded for about half the time. I found it to be extremely useful in certain situations like against Uber trash and trio, against Chimera and Hydra, and for Argus and Izaro.

That said, I'm also tinkering around with dropping Iron reflexes to see if the 40% evade chance I can get from evasion would be better than the 10k or so armor that I lose. Statistically it gives me a lot more effective hp, but I'm worried about some of the bigger hits.
Last edited by Linxios on Oct 8, 2017, 9:02:07 AM
"
Linxios wrote:

Ah, that's from the Blind support gem, which can proc off every reckoning hit. At 20/20 the gem gives a 10% chance for a 6.3 sec blind with reckoning on a 0.4 second cooldown. As you can see from the videos even against single bosses they'll be blinded for about half the time. I found it to be extremely useful in certain situations like against Uber trash and trio, against Chimera and Hydra, and for Argus and Izaro.

That said, I'm also tinkering around with dropping Iron reflexes to see if the 40% evade chance I can get from evasion would be better than the 10k or so armor that I lose. Statistically it gives me a lot more effective hp, but I'm worried about some of the bigger hits.

Ah, I see now. I have to say, this build is pretty genius, lol. It's not often you see builds around here with this level of synergy.

I'm def gonna give it a try. Already managed to snag up a Red Nightmare for cheap, but I guess that's not the hard part, lol. It's the Perfect Form that worries me, but maybe I'm due for some decent chrome luck for a change. :)

Thanks again for the build. :)
Great build guide. I can see myself trying this out next league. Although it depends as per usual on what GGG may do to shift things about. Could be the case that they poop on Gladiator.

Definitely covers all the bases. What are your thoughts on the ideal lab enchants for your gear?
Trying out this build, can suggest this belt.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info